forum The LGBTQ+ Community Chat :)
Started by @Tylerrr-M-P
tune

people_alt 232 followers

Deleted user

Are you okay Lex? Do you need any help?

I'm okay…
I asked my parents to use my pronouns and they said yes… But they arent .

@Overdoneyanoveltropeyesplease

I'm okay…
I asked my parents to use my pronouns and they said yes… But they arent .

I’m sorry about that, but it’s going to take them sometime to reprogram themselves to associate you with a different pronoun. I’m cis, so maybe this is stupid, but I would suggest reminding them until it’s second nature like the pronouns they’ve been using are to them now. Again, I don’t actually know. All I can tell you is what’s probably going on with your cis parents.

@The-N-U-T-Cracker

I'm okay…
I asked my parents to use my pronouns and they said yes… But they aren't.

Try not to be too hard on them, they might take a while to get used to it. I may not be in that situation, but I still confuse my own brother's names, and my mom has called me by the wrong name at least a thousand times, so I'm guessing remembering pronouns would be even harder. Don't get too angry at them if they slip up, and when they do try to correct them politely.

Deleted user

Dies

You okay lex???

No?
No one is really okay in this world.
Gas prices are rising, the world is slowly getting hotter, and a bunch of other shit… So, no. No one is okay.

@basil_

Dies

You okay lex???

No?
No one is really okay in this world.
Gas prices are rising, the world is slowly getting hotter, and a bunch of other shit… So, no. No one is okay.

oh..okay..sorry

Deleted user

nah,i’m just super off, and school starts up again tomorrow

@Norepinephrinxx

I mean if you think it's not working out then you should do what you feel is best but maybe you just need a bit of time apart, spending too much time with someone is usually not good everyone needs their own space you know?