forum The LGBTQ+ Community Chat :) Part 2!
Started by @Moxie group
tune

people_alt 175 followers

@berlioz

My dad: now where are you not going to wear them?
Me: church.
My dad: and..?
Me: church.

Is he like trying to support you now, just not in public?

@ElderGodSwimwithGamers group

Aha, on that, here's what I just learned.
My father has just confirmed we are moving to a frothing at the mouth homophobic church
And he asked me to basically semi closet myself again so he doesn't get fired I don't get hurt.
This is… a nightmare, for me. We are literally moving into a home surrounded by people who go to this church and would hate me just based on the fact I'm not cis or straight.
Hell, this all came up because the woman across the street was glaring at me for wearing my pride shoes to unload the van, and my father didn't point it out until we got back inside.
God, I just… I wished for once I would be able to be myself. That's not going to be able to happen before I move out, though.

Deleted user

hi…umm i am new to LGBTQ+ and i just found out i am Bi about a year ago and still learning about my sels and i think i may be fine with a three person relationship…

welcome to the club!
also jdhuhsj fellow poly folk!! come on aboard the poly train, fam! :D

welcome fellow poly! I am Lee/liz Genderfluid and semi Bisexual mainly into girls ( who aren't as girly, almost like me) It is okay, even I was still testing waters, STILL AM!

@Becfromthedead group

asldjsakld nothing quite like my partner telling me "babe, you look gnc af," momentarily glowing bc hell yeah I do!
And then them adding "gnomecore." (In reference to a tumblr post where someone thought gnc stood for gnomecore)
It cracks me up every time.

@berlioz

Damn, I'm sorry Swim. You'll get to a place where you can be yourself, just stay safe for now. And if you're in public school you can find community there (you just moved, right? New town, new people can be a good thing as well).

@cryptic-glitch

there was a pretty person at cracker barrel yesterday and i told them i liked their outfit and they said thank you and i nearly died of anxiety
anyways
lmao ash my sister is the same way

@SpookyScarySnoteleks group

I’m at the park and there’s a really cute person here and I wanna say hello to them but they’re with a bunch of friends who all look very straight

And oh well they’re leaving

@SpookyScarySnoteleks group

Update: complimented their shirt because it’s a Hawaiian shirt and I love Hawaiian shirts and it turns out we have the same shoes on lmao, they also happen to be rainbow vans

They complimented my hair and now they all left so at least I can live without regretting it lol

Deleted user

So I Officially Feel EVEN MORE In love with my G.F. more and more each day, She just listens to my nonsense rants and just helps me let my feelings out. My therapist is on maternity leave and it's been about two months since we last chatted. To say I'm stressed out is beyond. My mom's "friend" now refuses to talk to me, and never looks me in the eye. All because she knows I have a G.F. and said "it's against gods will to even be in love with girls". and that "I don't know what the fuck I'm doing because I'm still a girl." UHM EXCUSE ME I AM A WOMAN . AND I HAVE MY LIFE MORE PUT TOGETHER THAN SHE DOES. SHE FUCKING DRINKS AND COMPLAINS ABOUT HER BOYFRIEND ALL THE TIME. god I hate her…..BUTTT on a plus side, I get to go camping with my Girlfriend and her Parents for about 3 days.

@Becfromthedead group

asdkjskld straight people really be like "you're confused" and then have the most complicated, shitty fucking love lives.
But your gf sounds great, and camping with her sounds like a lot of fun!

Deleted user

Yeah , WE GET TO SLEEP ON BUNK BEDS. But door open because No dirty dirty. EVEN THOUGH we'll just cuddle owo

@cryptic-glitch

welcome back to my dad can go to hell!
i'm not allowed to wear ripped jeans to church because 'i'm showing too much skin?'
like i'm allowed to wear shorts, but not ripped jeans
okay.
and the highest rip isn't even past midthigh
go fuck yourself, dad

@cryptic-glitch

hello red, im orion or spook
any pronouns, but neopronouns are preferred including bunself, sockself and it/its/itself, aroaceflux
nice to have you with us my dude

@ElderGodSwimwithGamers group

Damn, I'm sorry Swim. You'll get to a place where you can be yourself, just stay safe for now. And if you're in public school you can find community there (you just moved, right? New town, new people can be a good thing as well).

I am in a public school, but have been told I'm not allowed to be friends with openly openly gay people who take the brunt of the homophobia.
Thing is I'd much rather make friends with them than the homophobes, not to mention as a pastor's child I could be a lot of help
Plus the selfishness of wanting to wear my pride shoes to school at least once
I do know how to handle people like this, I have a couple I had to deal with at the school I went to last year. I also took several years of martial arts and am not afraid to punch someone in the face for trying to assault or harass me or my friends at this point.
I am genuinely tired of hiding and will cut a bitch. This is coming from the person who cries at bumping into a wall and has been unable to stand up for himself.
I'm at the end of my rope, so if I'm going down I'm going in a blaze of gay glory :)

@amber_is_in_a_loop

It's pride day at our school and we had the option to dress up in colourful clothing instead of the uniform and now I feel vaguely like a circus clown but a very gay circus clown so it's ok

@Becfromthedead group

Part of me just wishes I could be out to my parents. It's not like it's unsafe. It's not like I even think they'd disown me. They'd just think I was a joke tbh. A victim of liberal propaganda, or just attention-seeking, or something equally insulting and belittling.
But also, it's not something they need to know, just something I feel like a parent should know about their child? Will I go into the nuances of my identity, like that I'm ace spec? Absolutely not. But I feel like they should know I'm bi, and maybe one day that I'm not exactly a woman.
I conspicuously put some pride pins on my laptop bag as kind of a trap. Like if they want to have that uncomfy conversation, they can initiate it. But they haven't. And it doesn't feel like it should be some big announcement either. Like it's part of who I am, sure, but it's… not a big deal? It's not life-changing for anyone? I still love the same person my parents have seen me be in love with for over four years, and I'm the same person. I've just kind of explored my identity and become very comfortable with who I am and who I like, and it feels really weird for even my own parents to not understand the first thing about me.