forum The LGBTQ+ Community Chat :) Part 2!
Started by @Moxie group
tune

people_alt 175 followers

@Musical_Queen

I'm sorry, but I really need to vent, just skip over this if you don't care

But tomorrow is PSAT testing for the juniors and sophomores and with me being a senior, I don't have to show up until noon and only go to 3 of my 8 classes. BUT 2/3 classes are literally useless and in my other one my teacher is recovering from his COVID shot so he won't be here. I've been trying to convince my mother to let me not go to school but she keeps telling me crap like "You failed a test" Well, i emailed the teacher and bcc'd you so I will be getting that grade up and "You have a C in another class" and that is the class where the teacher has their COVID shot. Plus, they aren't doing busses and I don't have my license, both you and my father will be working and my usual ride isn't going so I'm inconvincing her and I have no homework due and i will make dinner tonight.

She hasn't responded yet

@Musical_Queen

GUESS WHAT BITCHES (I don't mean it, I love all of you) MY MOTHER IS LETTING ME SKIP SCHOOL TOMORROW AND SHE'S LETTING ME GO OUT WITH A FRIEND WHOSE ALSO NOT SHOWING UP. I JUST HAVE TO DO A FEW THINGS AROUND THE HOUSE BUT OTHER THAN THAT FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MY SCHOOL CAREER I'M MISSING A DAY WITHOUT A REASON. (I know, I'm lame for never missing a day unless it was medical)

@ravens

ayyyyy hai raven!!!

Welcome back
everybody's coming back
that's nice

welcome back lmao
idk who you are but hey

helloooo :)
im one of the OGs you could say but i havent been super active in a while haha

Deleted user

Duality of (trans) man is contouring the shit out of your face just to get cis people to respect your identity and only dressing masc but also wanting to wear sparkly eyeshadow and lipstick and wear fun twirly skirts.

@ElderGodSwimwithGamers group

Exactly!
Like, no Debra, just because I'm wearing a skirt means I'm a woman that day, and if you say some clothes are masculine or feminine because of nature, I will slap you with a textbook so hard your jaw is going to puncture your tears glands and your teeth are going to do the polka and turn themselves the fuck around

Deleted user

Absolutely! Like, okay Susan, just because you think that gender is the be-all end-all of things doesn't mean everyone else does.

Deleted user

Why do cis people think trans people are so obsessed with gender? If anything, it's the opposite.

@ElderGodSwimwithGamers group

"They're destroying the gender binary!!1!" I sure hope the fuck we are. Cis people are so obsessed with gender they will assign male or female to anything and then charge more money for one or the other depending on what it is

@The-Magician group

Why do cis people think trans people are so obsessed with gender? If anything, it's the opposite.

There are a lot of people in the LGBTQ+ community, more noticeably trans individuals, who’s personality are their gender. Their whole life revolves around the fact that they are trans or gay or queer, so I understand why some cis individuals are annoyed.

@Becfromthedead group

It's like yes, but cis individuals also out here calling a 2-year-old a lady's man, forcing their assigned gender on them (ie making a little girl who's old enough to have opinions wear pink and dresses all the time in the name of looking feminine,) and honestly many other things.
My mom got really upset when I stopped shaving my legs (I have since switched to epilation over shaving bc I hate shaving) and she was just like "you need to shave" and when I asked why, I was just told "that's what women do."
And if this, among countless other things is not obsessing over gender, idk what is. It's just a more socially acceptable way to do it in the eyes of cishets. It's acceptable to them when they enforce gender norms on other people.
Trans people who are maybe a little over the top when they first come out aren't hurting anyone.

@larcenistarsonist group

Yes I hate gender norms with a passion. I'm not entirely sure what my gender identity is (like I use she/they pronouns and like I experiment with masculine clothes a lot so yeah I'm still pretty confused) but that's okay in my conservative community because I still present female.

Like a woman can hang out with boys all of her life, wear masculine clothes and do "male" activities and nobody ever thinks that she's questioning her gender, BUT THE SECOND a male chooses to wear a little bit of foundation or wear slightly sparkly clothes, suddenly he's questioning his gender and now a complete weirdo. I mean IT'S SO DAMN FRUSTRATING!! We have the "tomboy" sorta label for girls, but we don't have a male equivalent which INFURIATES ME

@Max_Miracle_DroppedMostOfTheirRPs

I have come here to flex very quickly, none of you will ever receive a better present for your 9 month anniversary with your SO then what I received….which was Trump being booted out of office XD best anniversary present ever

@The-Magician group

Why do I hear more about gender norms being forced in America and Asia than I do here in the U.K.?
Try telling a Scottish woman she needs to shave and wear pink just because she’s a woman— you’ll be pummelled to the ground.

@Cloudy_is_trying_her_best

Gender's wacky man. I'm still not 100% sure I'm totally cis(I did cry for like at least fifteen minutes straight when my mom told me I had to start wearing a bra, but people use she/her for me and I've never had a problem with it) but like. Imagine telling someone that if they want to do or wear certain things or use certain pronouns they can't because of their genitals. That's??? Fuckin weird???? Like why