forum Share things nobody asked you to share
Started by @Knight-Shives group
tune

people_alt 206 followers

@CinnamonTheHouseplant

I'm in Driver's Ed, but instead of learning about Driver's Ed stuff, the sub is talking about the preamble to the US Constitution

Oh geez lol
Well at least it was educational ig
My drivers Ed instructor wasted like half an hour of class talking about how much he loved mince meat pie, and ranted about how people don’t like it with raisins, I think?
Then he gave us each one of those huge gourmet suckers
He was weird

My driver's ed teacher literally told me to get into the car and I drove us through a busy city and he told me to turn into a coffee shop and he got out and got coffee. I was just a free (high risk) Uber.

Haha
That's one way to do it

@just_gabs_needs_coffee group

I'm in Driver's Ed, but instead of learning about Driver's Ed stuff, the sub is talking about the preamble to the US Constitution

Oh geez lol
My drivers Ed instructor wasted like half an hour of class talking about how much he loved mince meat pie, and ranted about how people don’t like it with raisins, I think?
He was weird

My driver's ed teacher literally told me to get into the car and I drove us through a busy city and he told me to turn into a coffee shop and he got out and got coffee. I was just a free (high risk) Uber.

Haha
That's one way to do it

that's too funny!

@Musical_Queen

Oh geez lol
He was weird

Haha
That's one way to do it

that's too funny!

My grandpa great helped make a bunch of movies for southern California drivers ed called "Red Asphalt". It was full of horrible accidents, and dismembered bodies. IDK If they still show them or not, but my mom showed me them and then regretted it because it traumatized me and then an accident happened right outside my neighborhood and I didn't get my license until I was almost 19

@just_gabs_needs_coffee group

Oh geez lol
He was weird

Haha
That's one way to do it

that's too funny!

My grandpa great helped make a bunch of movies for southern California drivers ed called "Red Asphalt". It was full of horrible accidents, and dismembered bodies. IDK If they still show them or not, but my mom showed me them and then regretted it because it traumatized me and then an accident happened right outside my neighborhood and I didn't get my license until I was almost 19

Idk about specific causes but I was always terrified of wrecks and accidents and bc of that, driving. I feel ya on getting your license late, I got mine at 18

@CinnamonTheHouseplant

Oh geez lol
He was weird

Haha
That's one way to do it

that's too funny!

Welp

I just googled Red Asphalt and now I regret it

@Musical_Queen

Oh geez lol
He was weird

Haha
That's one way to do it

that's too funny!

Welp

I am so sorry. It is definitely not for the faint of heart

@CinnamonTheHouseplant

Oh geez lol
He was weird

Haha
That's one way to do it

that's too funny!

Welp

I am so sorry. It is definitely not for the faint of heart

Yep haha

@ElderGod-Winter-The-Renegade-Legionnaire book

Oof. Back in elementary school if it makes you guys feel any better about driving (lol) I had my own red asphalt moment playing tag with a bunch of angry boys. Me being female and winning at their games wasn't fair for them. So one challenged me to a race and I obliged. I was winning, and one of the other boys friends came up behind me and pushed me while I was in a full sprint. Let me tell you it was insane. My face skidded about eight feet on the ground and left a trail. I think I was in shock when I got up because I didn't cry and I thought I was sweating. Turns out I was in agony and it wasn't sweat. I had to go to the doc and she picked gravel out of my chin. it was sick. The other kid got expelled for violence. And last time I checked he was in prison? So I guess karma won out. Good news is, I healed fantastically. The doctors were surprised. I have very minimal scar tissue on my face, and it looks normal. You can only tell I had an injury when it gets hot because my face turns red in the areas where I do have scar tissue under my facial skin. The lesson here folks? I have found running to be far more dangerous than driving. Drive your little hearts out, and be wary playing tag.

@Musical_Queen

Oof. Back in elementary school if it makes you guys feel any better about driving (lol) I had my own red asphalt moment playing tag with a bunch of angry boys. Me being female and winning at their games wasn't fair for them. So one challenged me to a race and I obliged. I was winning, and one of the other boys friends came up behind me and pushed me while I was in a full sprint. Let me tell you it was insane. My face skidded about eight feet on the ground and left a trail. I think I was in shock when I got up because I didn't cry and I thought I was sweating. Turns out I was in agony and it wasn't sweat. I had to go to the doc and she picked gravel out of my chin. it was sick. The other kid got expelled for violence. And last time I checked he was in prison? So I guess karma won out. Good news is, I healed fantastically. The doctors were surprised. I have very minimal scar tissue on my face, and it looks normal. You can only tell I had an injury when it gets hot because my face turns red in the areas where I do have scar tissue under my facial skin. The lesson here folks? I have found running to be far more dangerous than driving. Drive your little hearts out, and be wary playing tag.

DUDE! I had a similar story where my cousins like damaged the brakes on my bike and didn't tell anybody and I rode it down a steep road while camping and we didn't go to the doctor because we were in the middle of camping, but same with the face healing and skin turning red

DUDE! I had a similar story where my cousins like damaged the brakes on my bike and didn't tell anybody and I rode it down a steep road while camping and we didn't go to the doctor because we were in the middle of camping, but same with the face healing and skin turning red

Bodily trauma gang

@Musical_Queen

I just binge watched some documentaries on Goatman and was working on my blanket. I call it Crochet and Crime Documentaries, even though it was not a crime documentary nor was I crocheting. I'm just a sucker for alliteration and I didn't like Crime Documentaries and Crafting

I just binge watched some documentaries on Goatman and was working on my blanket. I call it Crochet and Crime Documentaries, even though it was not a crime documentary nor was I crocheting. I'm just a sucker for alliteration and I didn't like Crime Documentaries and Crafting

What a mood

Deleted user

Bodily trauma gang

Are we talking about injuries? My turn >:D

Okay, so when I was very young, I would have been in about Preschool/Kindergarten at this point, I shared a room with my older brother. We lived in this old brick house on the corner of a very busy street. Our house only had 2 bedrooms at this time, and me and my older brother shared the other room while my younger brother, still only a baby, slept with my parents. Me and my brother's room had a bunk bed with a rickety ladder that often didn't work, so I didn't like climbing it. Instead, I climbed the side of the bunk bed [Which, in hindsight, was a really bad idea because there were boxes of toys right below the area I was climbing]. It would be important to note that my mother was a deaf mother of 3, pregnant with another, and my father wasn't home at this time due to his job. Anyways, to the story. I woke up in the middle of the night due to this terrifying nightmare. I decided to seek my brother for reassurance, but I didn't want to climb the ladder because, again, I was terrified of that ladder. As I climbed the side of the bed, I leaned over and whispered to my brother, asking if I could sleep up there. He got annoyed and, instead of just saying no, got up, scooted over to the edge of the bed, and shoved my hands off the footrest. I fell into the toys and broke my arm. Now, instead of being a normal child and running to wake up my mom, he took one look at my arm and jumped off the bed. He picked me up and said "Shh.. shh it's okay. Go to sleep." HE LITERALLY TUCKED ME IN AND TOLD ME TO GO TO SLEEP. I was woken the next morning by my mother's screams.
Also, completely off-topic, but as I was having my mom put my shoes on in the foyer of our house, I heard screeching and banging coming from our sealed attic. My mom couldn't hear this so everyone thinks I'm going crazy.

Deleted user

Bodily trauma gang

Okay, so when I was very young, I would have been in about Preschool/Kindergarten at this point, I shared a room with my older brother. We lived in this old brick house on the corner of a very busy street. Our house only had 2 bedrooms at this time, and me and my older brother shared the other room while my younger brother, still only a baby, slept with my parents. Me and my brother's room had a bunk bed with a rickety ladder that often didn't work, so I didn't like climbing it. Instead, I climbed the side of the bunk bed [Which, in hindsight, was a really bad idea because there were boxes of toys right below the area I was climbing]. It would be important to note that my mother was a deaf mother of 3, pregnant with another, and my father wasn't home at this time due to his job. Anyways, to the story. I woke up in the middle of the night due to this terrifying nightmare. I decided to seek my brother for reassurance, but I didn't want to climb the ladder because, again, I was terrified of that ladder. As I climbed the side of the bed, I leaned over and whispered to my brother, asking if I could sleep up there. He got annoyed and, instead of just saying no, got up, scooted over to the edge of the bed, and shoved my hands off the footrest. I fell into the toys and broke my arm. Now, instead of being a normal child and running to wake up my mom, he took one look at my arm and jumped off the bed. He picked me up and said "Shh.. shh it's okay. Go to sleep." HE LITERALLY TUCKED ME IN AND TOLD ME TO GO TO SLEEP. I was woken the next morning by my mother's screams.
Also, completely off-topic, but as I was having my mom put my shoes on in the foyer of our house, I heard screeching and banging coming from our sealed attic. My mom couldn't hear this so everyone thinks I'm going crazy.

my turn to talk about injuries!
back when i was in elementary school, i think it was like second grade, i was walking home from school (my house was just under a mile away, so, long walk for a sevenish year old) i was just skipping along, being a normal little girl, ya know, and then i tripped over my shoe and i fell onto the sidewalk, i swear, i skidded like 3 feet. then i had to walk about a half mile to get back to my house and i was bleeding so bad. luckily, my mom had some cream to put on my face so it wouldnt scar too bad, but, i got scars.
i now have PTSD and whenever i walk by that spot i am always super careful and i get pretty nervous

fun story tho

Deleted user

Bodily trauma gang

my turn to talk about injuries!
back when i was in elementary school, i think it was like second grade, i was walking home from school (my house was just under a mile away, so, long walk for a sevenish year old) i was just skipping along, being a normal little girl, ya know, and then i tripped over my shoe and i fell onto the sidewalk, i swear, i skidded like 3 feet. then i had to walk about a half mile to get back to my house and i was bleeding so bad. luckily, my mom had some cream to put on my face so it wouldnt scar too bad, but, i got scars.
i now have PTSD and whenever i walk by that spot i am always super careful and i get pretty nervous

fun story tho

also, once, when i was walking home from school, i decided to go to sleep while i was walking (bad idea). i told my little sister to wake me up if i was gonna run into anything and SHE DITCHED ME!!! she just walked a bit farther ahead.
anyways, i ran into a mailbox.
i guess i have a hard head because i FREAKING DENTED THE MAILBOX!!!
luckily it didn't scar
heehee
i would not recommend sleepwalking home from school