forum Share things nobody asked you to share
Started by @Knight-Shives group
tune

people_alt 206 followers

@Musical_Queen

Okay, fellow college students, I gots a question
for textbooks do y'all prefer e-books or paper?
I freakin HATE e-books, they hurt my eyes, I can't focus, I don't learn as much, they're awful. BUT.
I'm brokus. and my college does this thing where the e-textbook is like, significantly marked down through the class.
SO I USE THEM cos I'm not boutta pay an UNHOLY AMOUNT for a hard copy book I'm using for a single term, but now I'm stuck with an e-book. I hate.

Im the same with Ebooks.
Word(s) of advice:
1) go to Slugbooks and put in your ISBN number, It'll give you the price to buy and rent from like Acebooks, Amazon, and a couple other places (unless it is specific for your college). Then you can look at conditions and prices. I've had my college advertise the book to be like $290 and I bought it in great condition for like $30 on Amazon.

2) you can tell the professor there was a problem with your order and ask if they could upload some of the pages online. Most of my professors have because at least I was willing to ask and showed I wanted to learn.

3) Or, even just ask the professor how much we will be using the textbook because again some teachers don't even use the textbook or like above, theyll upload it online

If you do buy the textbook, you can always sell it again and get some of that cash back too.

My advice from my 3 semesters at college

@just_gabs_needs_coffee group

I freakin HATE e-books, they hurt my eyes, I can't focus, I don't learn as much, they're awful. BUT.
I'm brokus. and my college does this thing where the e-textbook is like, significantly marked down through the class.
SO I USE THEM cos I'm not boutta pay an UNHOLY AMOUNT for a hard copy book I'm using for a single term, but now I'm stuck with an e-book. I hate.

Im the same with Ebooks.
Word(s) of advice:
1) go to Slugbooks and put in your ISBN number, It'll give you the price to buy and rent from like Acebooks, Amazon, and a couple other places (unless it is specific for your college). Then you can look at conditions and prices. I've had my college advertise the book to be like $290 and I bought it in great condition for like $30 on Amazon.

2) you can tell the professor there was a problem with your order and ask if they could upload some of the pages online. Most of my professors have because at least I was willing to ask and showed I wanted to learn.

3) Or, even just ask the professor how much we will be using the textbook because again some teachers don't even use the textbook or like above, theyll upload it online

If you do buy the textbook, you can always sell it again and get some of that cash back too.

ooh selling is smart, I may have to do that next semester

@Relsey-TheElder

Im the same with Ebooks.
Word(s) of advice:

ooh selling is smart, I may have to do that next semester

I second the wait to buy your text books motion at least until you have the syllabus. I know a lot of professors will outline the course work in the syllabus and if you need the textbook it will say in there, if it doesn't directly say you need it in the syllabus or at least what you need it for, Hold off on getting it until the first day of class, if they mention the textbook then get it, if they don't, don't. Even if it says you need it in the syllabus hold off on getting it until that first day of class unless you have to come to class having done reading form the textbook. I've had a few professors upload the textbook online but they can't say they've uploaded it in the syllabus because it's technically illegal, so they just tell the student's in class.
A lot of places also give you the option to rent textbooks from them and that's a lot cheaper then buying it usually so look into that.

@Musical_Queen

My school year literally just started and I already am bombarded with like 800 assignments due this weekend that I have to get done tomorrow because I work Wednesday and then leave for the weekend to go to a funeral.

@ElderGod-Winter-The-Renegade-Legionnaire book

My school year literally just started and I already am bombarded with like 800 assignments due this weekend that I have to get done tomorrow because I work Wednesday and then leave for the weekend to go to a funeral.

Homie I completely understand. if you need any help, I'll try my best. just PM me!

Deleted user

I was feeling incredibly sentimental and decided to look at my 2020-2021 quotebook and I have to say that middle school me was somewhat hilarious.

Deleted user

I hate cold season so much.

Real, my nose is constantly stuffy and everything hurts when I wake up. I have to wake up at 5:30 AM to get to school and I get in the car and its freezing

@just_gabs_needs_coffee group

I hate cold season so much.

Real, my nose is constantly stuffy and everything hurts when I wake up. I have to wake up at 5:30 AM to get to school and I get in the car and its freezing

ugh that sounds miserable, I'm sorry to hear that
hope you feel better!

Deleted user

i am missing so much school rn and it is gonna be hell when i get back, trying to make up all my work
cold season is the worst

@Nightmare_Eclipse language

i am missing so much school rn and it is gonna be hell when i get back, trying to make up all my work
cold season is the worst

Yeah :(
I hope it doesn't get worse than it already is…

@Darkblossom group

I have to take this medicine for my cold and its like a powder that my mom mixed into some applesauce and now it looks like grainy baby food :( I hate taking stuff like this it makes me feel like I'm going to gag

@Musical_Queen

I drove 6 hours home from a funeral, was gifted bougie donuts, almost done doing laundry, got a bunch of math homework done, and as a treat, imma order Panda Express. (I still need to get back to someone about house sitting in October. They asked how much I want to get paid and I have no idea)