forum Share things nobody asked you to share
Started by @Knight-Shives group
tune

people_alt 206 followers

@just_gabs_needs_coffee group

I love that song
From what I've heard the movies are definitely different from the books but not as bad as some other adaptations
I'm looking forward to making it through the books
also my cousin's family has the same rule about books before movies, my cousin is 9 and she wants to watch LOTR with me SO bad she doesn't want to wait till after they've read the books lol

@SupernaturalSyGuyIsTIred group

Okay so, I'm watching Supernatural and I know basically all of the spoilers, but just to be safe

Was this an attempt to summon me? Lol

Soooooo, I had a great Christmas. However, a short time afterward my aunt (dad's sis-in-law) unexpectedly and unfortunately passed away. Also, there was literal shit in a trashcan while cleaning tonight….

Yeah, one of my jobs is to clean at a credit union. I'm one out of a 3 person crew, and get trash duty for the main floor and the basement. Last night there was a smeared turd in one of the bins (in the bag thankfully), but still pretty disgusting!

@Darkblossom group

I just finished an amazing book series and now I'm re-reading the fourth book for probably the seventh time this week, as well as being depressed for a little bit 'cause the fifth books not coming out for two years -_-

Oooooo don’t be shy drop the series name

Stormlight Archive
I'm probably way overobsessed with them at this point…

AKUDMTMFYSU A FELLOW STORMLIGHT FAN IN THE WILD???? I LOVVVVEEEEE THOSE BOOKS

@Nightmare_Eclipse language

I just finished an amazing book series and now I'm re-reading the fourth book for probably the seventh time this week, as well as being depressed for a little bit 'cause the fifth books not coming out for two years -_-

Stormlight Archive

YEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Stormlight Archive

I NEED TO READDDDDDD
I have only read Skyward series in terms of Brandon Sanderson books but I WANT TO READDDDD

@Nightmare_Eclipse language

Stormlight Archive

I NEED TO READDDDDDD
I have only read Skyward series in terms of Brandon Sanderson books but I WANT TO READDDDD

Skyward is also amazing - I'm re-reading it right now :)

@Musical_Queen

Um… I told a guy that I wanted to go to this shooting place to learn to shoot as I had never done it before and it was on my 2023 bingo card to learn to shoot a gun. That was on Sunday. Today he asked when we were going to go shooting so I told him the dates that women could shoot an hour free (It's a women owned business) and he texted back a thumbs up. My friend (who we met through) then texted me saying "He's asking you out you idiot". I'M SORRY MY AROACE AUTISTIC ASS DOESN'T UNDERSTAND SOCIAL QUEUES. ESPECIALLY THROUGH MODERN DAY HIEROGLYPHICS

Um… I told a guy that I wanted to go to this shooting place to learn to shoot as I had never done it before and it was on my 2023 bingo card to learn to shoot a gun. That was on Sunday. Today he asked when we were going to go shooting so I told him the dates that women could shoot an hour free (It's a women owned business) and he texted back a thumbs up. My friend (who we met through) then texted me saying "He's asking you out you idiot". I'M SORRY MY AROACE AUTISTIC ASS DOESN'T UNDERSTAND SOCIAL QUEUES. ESPECIALLY THROUGH MODERN DAY HIEROGLYPHICS

lol that's such a mood, I suck at social skills
I will say though that even though I've never been to a legit shooting range, I live out in the country and grew up with a shooting range in my back yard and DAMN is it fun. I love shooting target practice so much

@ElderGod-Winter-The-Renegade-Legionnaire book

Alright homie. Do you have any questions about shooting a gun? I did rifle in high school and was at one point ranked 13th in the nation. If it shoots, I’ve probably shot it. Archery included. I used to compete in archery semi professionally. As well as fencing. If you got questions, I have answers.

@hummingbirdinamountainmeadow

Alright homie. Do you have any questions about shooting a gun? I did rifle in high school and was at one point ranked 13th in the nation. If it shoots, I’ve probably shot it. Archery included. I used to compete in archery semi professionally. As well as fencing. If you got questions, I have answers.

That's so cool! I've only done archery once or twice before on a school trip so I think it's fair to say I haven't had a lot of practice but it's always been something I've wanted to learn

@Musical_Queen

I have never shot before, but my brother owns a .22 rifle and he says I can borrow it and he can teach me to shoot, and my parents are friend with someone who owns a small company to teach people how to shoot hand guns, so I got both of those to help me out

@Musical_Queen

I have never shot before, but my brother owns a .22 rifle and he says I can borrow it and he can teach me to shoot, and my parents are friend with someone who owns a small company to teach people how to shoot hand guns, so I got both of those to help me out

Update: I am now going on a double date with said guy and my brother and his wife on Tuesday. I am panicking

@ElderGod-Winter-The-Renegade-Legionnaire book

Don’t panic homie 😂. You’re going to be fine. Just be yourself on this date! Anyways a .22 caliber isn’t too loud. It’s made for squirrels, small game birds, and rabbits. It’s basically a small game rifle. It’s a great starter rifle. May I ask what type? Is it pump action, lever action, or split barrel (split barrel you kind push down on the barrel and it looks like it crack in half and ya load a single shot in. It’s found in some older and newer models.) Now handguns, on average, are louder than a .22 in my opinion, and it depends on which ones you decide to fire. Always use two hands with your dominate hand on the trigger with the non dominant hand on your wrist as a brace. Never shoot one handed unless you’ve been taught. (By a professional. If done incorrectly your wrist will end up hurt, or even worse, fractured or broken.). Always have the safety on unless you are ready to fire. Guns are dangerous no matter how lethal or non lethal they are. Remember M.A.T. (Check down below as to what M.A.T. Is!), Muzzle, Action, Trigger. Point the barrel up if you are walking, and always down range when firing. And if you feel more comfortable, you can use a CBI, which is a clear barrel indicator to let you know the gun you choose to fire is empty and unable to fire until you take the CBI out and load it. (Weedeater line or 3D printing filament are great to use!) Bring a pair of safety goggles. You never know if or when a misfire could happen. It can throw debris or a hot casing back in your face. And always remember, safety first!

M stands for Muzzle: Always keep the muzzle of the weapon pointed in a safe direction. Unless you are defending yourself, keep the muzzle pointed in the air, toward the ground or down range.
A stands for Action: Keep the action or breech of the weapon open while handling it. With the breech open, the weapon, even if loaded, will not fire. Another part of the Action involves the safety mechanism. Keep it on.
T stands for Trigger: Keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to shoot.

(This is all for Winter’s safety briefing! 😂)

@Musical_Queen best of luck, friend! you'll do great, let us know how it goes!
I think Winter did an excellent job of the safety briefing lol
Now if it's the social aspect that's got you nervous and not the guns, then unfortunately I will be about as much help as a stale piece of bread in this situation, but you got this!