forum Share things nobody asked you to share
Started by @Knight-Shives group
tune

people_alt 206 followers

Deleted user

Does anyone have any oneshot ideas? It can be anything. (specifically regarding couples and groups of friends)

I have one.
The four horse(wo)men of the apocalypse are an crazy poly couple struggling to raise their 7 children, the seven deadly sins.
Write about that

@Milani eco

Yeah, I have ADHD too and have the same symptoms as you. I have to be extremely motivated to properly get my work done. But, it really just depends on my mental state how much it affects me. Sometimes it feels like I don't have it at all. Other times, I find myself staring off into space and not doing anything for hours while I make up fantasies in my head or fidget.
I don't have it bad by any means. Medication isn't required. But it's just enough that it mixes with my depression and makes some things rather difficult for me.

you're so lucky! (in the no medication sense) i have to take about , maybe 9? and one of them is about 0.8cm in diameter. like wha-
i take them all in one gulp though ahhahahah

@Milani eco

How have ya been today Milano

ive been awesome thanks!!! im sorting out some lego, (from my closet, about 5 years ago ahahahha) to sell for some christmas money!!! its a like, 10 litre box ahhaha. hbu?

@Milani eco

My dog just turned on the oven light???
He's done this twice today???
What is he doing???

Preparing dinner duh

Yeah probably.

LMFAO IM DEAD

@Althalosian-is-the-father book

Hey, y’all! Um…I've hit a roadblock in my book, and I have a quick question.
I have a small scene where this kid is being taught how to swordfight, and I have no clue how to go about it.
Do any of y’all sword fight, or do you know someone who does and is willing to help me?

I know how to. Or how to fence anyways.

@Stone_King_2931 Alright. So first off there are several different starting stances. And it all depeds if your character is left or right handed. Basically lead arm=lead foot unless you've trained in an off stance. Left goes with left, and right goes with right. Unless you're wide open then feet are spaced a little more than shoulder width apart and your arms are open wider for maneuverability. For a rapier your hand that is not in use is tucked behind your back for protection, and the steps are fluid, yet almost robotic. Basically a well oiled machine. Longsword/broadsword fighting is different however. Both hands are placed on the hilt of the weapon in order to maintain balance, unless it is light enough to be considered a one handed weapon. Then the hand not in use is placed upon the breast to be used when need for balance or for shoving a person, or holding a shield. The movements are blocky and chaotic, and there is no set pattern. That's all I can put for now bc I'm eating dinner, but feel free to PM me.

Nice job, Winter.

Thanks!
Yeah, I've been researching on youtube, websites, even asking my parents to sign me up for a sword fighting school.
I'm just trying to figure out how to go about it, especially since the character is a beginner. Like, what should I mention, how deep should I go into the training, how would I describe a stance like the right oches, etc…

I'm sorry if this is complicated :D

Just PM me and I'll try to explain this as best as I can.

And yeah I know stuff so me too.

But I gotta know cuz if I ever start writing novel style I can't write a character who never talks out loud to themselves cuz then they won't be relatable, and everyone will go "why doesn't the MC just talk outloud? Why does the author make them think everything?"
You know what I mean? 👁👄👁

Normally for me it’s talking myself through tasks.

Yeah, I have ADHD too and have the same symptoms as you. I have to be extremely motivated to properly get my work done. But, it really just depends on my mental state how much it affects me. Sometimes it feels like I don't have it at all. Other times, I find myself staring off into space and not doing anything for hours while I make up fantasies in my head or fidget.
I don't have it bad by any means. Medication isn't required. But it's just enough that it mixes with my depression and makes some things rather difficult for me.

Sounds like me.