forum Share things nobody asked you to share
Started by @Knight-Shives group
tune

people_alt 206 followers

Deleted user

My science teacher gave me A 3-page essay to do about, Magma, Earthquakes and sooooooo much more :/

@YukiSenoue group

It is ironic, huh?
Part of my username means "snow", yet I've never touched snow in my life.

Well then. That is a problem. Where are you from?

Brazil. My mother told me it did snow in my city when my sister was 2, though.

@ElderGod-Winter-The-Renegade-Legionnaire book

It is ironic, huh?
Part of my username means "snow", yet I've never touched snow in my life.

Well then. That is a problem. Where are you from?

Brazil. My mother told me it did snow in my city when my sister was 2, though.

The closest I've been to Brazil is Ecuador. And it can get pretty hot there……. I didn't really like the weather though.

@Mojack group

I could barely deal with the humidity this year. It got close to 50 Celsius this year, which, for northern Ontario is actually really hot
It’s also been close to -50 Celsius where I live as well, it generally gets colder fast because of how close we are the the lakes but I’d much rather cold than hot.

@murphysgirl

We have eight seasons where I live:
early winter, winter, late winter, deep winter, July (which lasts three days), construction, mud, and "oh look the leaves have changed colours" (which lasts for exactly eighteen minutes).

In Alaska, it's literally just Winter stuck on repeat. Okay so our summer lasts like a month. July. Then we have Early Winter, where it's just a bunch of frost, then we have normal Winter. Which is a nice amount of snow. Then we have deep Winter, which is lots of snow and temperatures plummet to -48 celcius, and then we have the Alaskan Deep Winter. It's dark for 3 months, and temperatures plummet to -60 celcius, and that's when the polar bears start to come down from the North Pole. (So you always have to have a flare on you at all times) and by this time, all machines have frozen, so the only way you have to travel is by skis or snowboard. Then after that Winter, we have a semi permanent Winter, when the light comes back out, and it re freezes everything making it a torture to walk on. You still have to use skis and snowboards bc the snowmobiles can't get complete traction on sheer ice, and it's so treacherous bc the ice is so brittle any vibration will shatter it. Then we have the windy Winter, where the winds blow constantly creating blizzard conditions, then we have the Still Winter where everything is eerily quiet, then we have the Snowy part of Winter where it literally dumps 8-10 feet of snow on everything in a period of 2 weeks. Then we have the Long Winter that lasts like 3 months and it's a normal Winter. Just cold and snowy. Then we have July again, and if hits 10 degrees celcius it's hot. Then the Winter cycles repeat.

@Mojack group

50 c- why so hot??

Climate change

I firmly believe climate change is a lie bc Alaska is only getting colder. It's not warming up period. We're heading into another ice age.

Climate change doesn’t mean that things are getting hotter though, hence why we call it climate change as opposed to global warming. It also means things get colder in certain areas. Weather patterns change, get more frequent, get worse, etc. It’s not a lie.

50 c- why so hot??

Climate change

I firmly believe climate change is a lie bc Alaska is only getting colder. It's not warming up period. We're heading into another ice age.

Climate change doesn’t mean that things are getting hotter though, hence why we call it climate change as opposed to global warming. It also means things get colder in certain areas. Weather patterns change, get more frequent, get worse, etc. It’s not a lie.

In Alaska, (this is an actual thing) no one believes climate change is happening. You ask about it, you immediately get shut down. No one believes it. We have other things to believe in. We believe that the sun has an 11 year cycle, and it holds up. The patterns that everyone sees are caused by an 11 year sun cycle where things get hotter and colder, and for us, climate change isn't real because we have a different understanding of it. I'm trying to explain it how I know best. But it's not making sense.

@Mojack group

50 c- why so hot??

Climate change

In Alaska, (this is an actual thing) no one believes climate change is happening. You ask about it, you immediately get shut down. No one believes it. We have other things to believe in. We believe that the sun has an 11 year cycle, and it holds up. The patterns that everyone sees are caused by an 11 year sun cycle where things get hotter and colder, and for us, climate change isn't real because we have a different understanding of it. I'm trying to explain it how I know best. But it's not making sense.

Yeah, I’m sorry but I really can’t believe this. It used to average 20 Celsius with little to no humidity when I was growing up. It’s scientifically shown that Canada is one of the countries heating up faster than the rest of the world.

Places that don’t get snow get snow. Climate change is a naturally occurring thing sometimes, but with human intervention, it speeds up the affects to a point where the earth can’t adapt to it properly. Maybe it’s different for wherever you live but as someone who has lived in the same country all their life, I definitely see it happening where I live. And in other places it’s even worse, with some places getting half a seasons rain in a few hours, and some countries are beginning to get flooded. N things like wildfires, hurricanes, tornadoes will also get more common and worse over time.
I really have trouble dealing with the fact that people would think it isn’t happening, when places all over the world are dealing with a surge in more natural disasters over the past twenty years.

Back to the ice age thing, technically speaking we’re still leaving one as well.

Ew, climate change denial is cringe. Not a good look.

Then I guess I shall wear that not good look. I stand by my beliefs and you shall stand by yours. I have different reasonings, because it's what I've been taught, and you have different reasonings from what you've be taught. I understand where you guys are coming from, I just don't believe it.