forum Share things nobody asked you to share
Started by @Knight-Shives group
tune

people_alt 206 followers

@nebula__ group

i'm staring at the picture of this oc i made on picrew (the one i mentioned before that i said looked like hatsune miku) and I'm tempted to draw her in a miku outfit to compare the two-

@The-N-U-T-Cracker

I just got to go to a gemstone mine and clean stones-
it sounds super lame when I put it that way but my gosh I found so many rubies and massive chunks of amethyst
I feel so powerful looking at the values of these stones

Deleted user

Shout out to my 5th grade L.A. teacher who decorated his entire room with penguin stuffed animals, statues, plushies, etc. and then revealed that his favorite animal was a chiwawa.

@moss

I have a recommendation, but it's a book series…

im illiterate but tell me maybe ill read it once i learn how

@murphysgirl

The Chronicles of Prydain series by Lloyd Alexander. Honestly the best book series ever.
I also have tonnes of book recommendations if you want them.

@moss

The Chronicles of Prydain series by Lloyd Alexander. Honestly the best book series ever.

is it fantasy?

@murphysgirl

is it fantasy?

It's the only high fantasy series that I can stand, and from me, there is no greater compliment.
Also, it contains the purest cinnamon roll in the history of all cinnamon rolls.

@HighPockets group

Yeah, the Chronicles of Prydain is nothing like Heartstopper :/
On the physical comics side of things, I would recommend:

• Heavy Vinyl by Carly Usdin (hella gay cast, centers on teenage girls and their record shop in the 90s)
  • Goldie Vance by Hope Larson (sapphic lead, detective story that I think is historical fiction?)
  • The Tea Dragon graphic novels by Katie O'Neill (soft fantasy, very wholesome)
  • Mooncakes by Suzanne Walker (okay, not too similar but it's got a f/nb romance between a witch and a werewolf and it's very soft)
  • I believe that @Ash-is-feeling-SPOOPY-for-SPOOPY-SEASON read a webcomic that they loved that is similar to Heartstopper

Also Nick and Charlie by Alice Oseman, it's a novella that she wrote about the two of them dealing with having to go long-distance due to Nick heading to university, as well as This Winter, which focuses on Charlie and Tori. Not to mention that Solitaire centers on Tori, and Aled is a major character in Radio Silence.

@murphysgirl

YOU'VE READ THEM?! BLESS THE STARS, I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE -

@HighPockets group

No, I haven't, I just know that a series of fantasy books from the 60s is going to be nothing like a modern-day webcomic with a gay couple as the leads.
Which is what Heartstopper is, and what @salami was looking for recommendations based off of.

@murphysgirl

No, I haven't, I just know that a series of fantasy books from the 60s is going to be nothing like a modern-day webcomic with a gay couple as the leads.
Which is what Heartstopper is, and what @salami was looking for recommendations based off of.

Ah. Sorry, I get really excited when someone even knows what they are, because I've only ever met one other person that isn't related to me who's read them. But anyway.

@murphysgirl

I just realized I might have bangs. Also they’re long

Oh cool

I had bangs when I was around two or three, and it was… interesting.
I also had bangs in middle school. Great Belin was that a bad idea.

@moss

• Heavy Vinyl by Carly Usdin (hella gay cast, centers on teenage girls and their record shop in the 90s)
  • Goldie Vance by Hope Larson (sapphic lead, detective story that I think is historical fiction?)
  • Mooncakes by Suzanne Walker (okay, not too similar but it's got a f/nb romance between a witch and a werewolf and it's very soft)
  • I believe that @Ash-is-feeling-SPOOPY-for-SPOOPY-SEASON read a webcomic that they loved that is similar to Heartstopper

Also Nick and Charlie by Alice Oseman, it's a novella that she wrote about the two of them dealing with having to go long-distance due to Nick heading to university, as well as This Winter, which focuses on Charlie and Tori. Not to mention that Solitaire centers on Tori, and Aled is a major character in Radio Silence.

Yeeeee thank you!! Time to get addicted!! Also I read Radio Silence and I'm reading Solitare rn. Alice Oseman do be making some good books

@HighPockets group

Yeeeee thank you!! Time to get addicted!! Also I read Radio Silence and I'm reading Solitare rn. Alice Oseman do be making some good books

You might also enjoy Check, Please! by Ngozi Ukazu, I wasn't a huge fan of it but it's cute and it's got Sports Gays