forum Personal Venting Chat, New and Improved! (Without Jerks)
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 126 followers

@Kie group

I'm changing my username back now.

A'ight. Is your PFP from some Cartoon Network show? I don't remember the name of what I'm thinking of but it had some blonde child in it and they like sailed or something??

Yes. It's from The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack.

I distinctly remember trying to binge that at like,,, midnight. Perhaps that'll be my summer show since I clearly didn't finish it.

@RedTheLoveless

A'ight. Is your PFP from some Cartoon Network show? I don't remember the name of what I'm thinking of but it had some blonde child in it and they like sailed or something??

Ah, that show. That gave me nightmares as a kid..

@Kie group

HOW??? Cartoon Network shows unnerved me a little at most. I've been kinda desensitized since I was a baby because my dad is a big horror/thriller fan. I don't recall any of them being that bad, though.

Deleted user

I'm freaking out just a little bit because I just remember this horror novel children's book that they used to read in my preschool.
It was terrifying.
Like, it involved an old man and eyeballs, and I think a spooky basement.
Wtf????
Now I need to track it down.

@Kie group

I'm freaking out just a little bit because I just remember this horror novel children's book that they used to read in my preschool.
It was terrifying.
Like, it involved an old man and eyeballs, and I think a spooky basement.
Wtf????
Now I need to track it down.

OOoh, let me know if you find it.

@Kie group

Going back to CN shows, I think the worst one of them all was Courage the Cowardly Dog. Almost every character was creepy/off in some way. The worst episode was either the King Ramses or the fetus one. 3D animation does NOT need to be introduced into a 2D world EVER.

@RedTheLoveless

HOW??? Cartoon Network shows unnerved me a little at most. I've been kinda desensitized since I was a baby because my dad is a big horror/thriller fan. I don't recall any of them being that bad.

… cuz I was a kid??

What answer do you want from me man? I was just stating that it brought me back to my days of childhood, and one of my most prominent memories was having nightmares about it. You didn't need to flip out on me like that.

Deleted user

Going back to CN shows, I think the worst one of them all was Courage the Cowardly Dog. Almost every character was creepy/off in some way. The worst episode was either the King Ramses or the fetus one. 3D animation does NOT need to be introduced into a 2D world EVER.

dude that show was the SHIT though

@Kie group

HOW??? Cartoon Network shows unnerved me a little at most. I've been kinda desensitized since I was a baby because my dad is a big horror/thriller fan. I don't recall any of them being that bad.

… cuz I was a kid??

What answer do you want from me man? I was just stating that it brought me back to my days of childhood, and one of my most prominent memories was having nightmares about it. You didn't need to flip out on me like that.

I was also a kid, I just didn't understand how it gave you nightmares. I wasn't flipping out on you, either. Sorry if it seemed that way.

@Kie group

dude that show was the SHIT though

Yeah. I'm just waiting for a way I can watch it again. Not about to pay like $2 per episode on YouTube or flounder around online for it.

Deleted user

AND I READ SOMETHING ONCE
I THINK IT WAS IN ONE OF THOSE "SCARY STORIES TO TELL IN THE DARK" BOOKS
THERE WAS THIS TEENAGE GIRL WHO WASN'T EXACTLY HUMAN????
AND SHE JUST LIVED IN THIS FIELD
AND THE READER FED HER MEAT AND STUFF

@Kie group

AND I READ SOMETHING ONCE
I THINK IT WAS IN ONE OF THOSE "SCARY STORIES TO TELL IN THE DARK" BOOKS
THERE WAS THIS TEENAGE GIRL WHO WASN'T EXACTLY HUMAN????
AND SHE JUST LIVED IN THIS FIELD
AND THE READER FED HER MEAT AND STUFF

It probably was one of those books. I haven't actually read any but I did see the movie and let me tell you that seems to fit the bill.

@Moxie group

Hnnnn, I want another piercing.

same
except like 8 more.

What piercings do you have so far?

I have 5 in each ear and my nose was pierced but I think it closed because it got infected like 3 years ago and I never put one back in.

But I want

Left brow
Nose (again)
2 more in each ear
Both wrists
Chest dermal (under my left clavicle, one for each sibling)

so i guess thats actually

11 more

And then there's me who literally just wants one more in each ear but I'm too scared

manic grin

I'LL TAKE YOU TO GET IT DONE

nah but for real after the first—–ehhhh—–3 seconds it doesnt hurt anymore. Especially on the lobe. It hurts more the higher you go (hello quad cartilage piercings–how are ya?) but even then its more like a zappy pain then a 'holy shit I got stabbed pain'

I’m down but you’re the one that would have to deal with me crying

Deleted user

Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark were my childhood.
And here I am, aLl GrOwN uP, with a obsession fascination for the paranormal to this day.

@RedTheLoveless

… cuz I was a kid??

I was also a kid, I just didn't understand how it gave you nightmares. I wasn't flipping out on you, either. Sorry if it seemed that way.

I don't understand how it gave me nightmares either. I guess I was a timid kid?
Sorry for taking your comment that way, it's just the way you worded it made it feel like my experience as a child, something I am unable to control, was being invalidated or looked down upon.

@Kie group

It's kinda funny. I rarely got any spooky books but I got to see all the gory horror movies my parents felt like showing me. I was low-key deprived of a childhood when it came to books which is sad now that I think about it. When other kids around me started reading there was always a huge question mark looming over my head because I just didn't have the same interests.

The only childhood I knew was Bunnicula thanks to the school library B)

@Kie group

I don't understand how it gave me nightmares either. I guess I was a timid kid?
Sorry for taking your comment that way, it's just the way you worded it made it feel like my experience as a child, something I am unable to control, was being invalidated or looked down upon.

Ah, sorry. If it makes you feel any better I was a cry baby as a little kid. Although things wouldn't actually scare me to the core, my first instinct would be to cry if something scary/ugly popped up out of nowhere.

I do remember one character that managed to scare me, though. The new Teen Titans has god awful animation as it is, but Scary Terry set me oFF. I was older so you know that thing was uGly.

@RedTheLoveless

Ah, sorry. If it makes you feel any better I was a cry baby as a little kid. Although things wouldn't actually scare me to the core, my first instinct would be to cry if something scary/ugly popped up out of nowhere.

I do remember one character that managed to scare me, though. The new Teen Titans has god awful animation as it is, but Scary Terry set me oFF.

It's fine man. I wouldn't necessarily cry, I would just internalize my terror and quickly look away/change the channel. Like, with Fight or Flight reactions, my reaction as a child was to Freeze.

Oh gods I hate the Teen Titans Go series with every fiber of my being. They took the original Teen Titans, something beautiful and amazing and just absolutely incredible, and turned it into a laughingstock.

Deleted user

yaknow, I starte dlogging off wheneveri Tired Mir comesout
and I'm sjtaying to sremember why

@Kie group

yaknow, I starte dlogging off wheneveri Tired Mir comesout
and I'm sjtaying to sremember why

I think I kin Tired Mir. What lovely spelling.

@Anemone eco

I do remember one character that managed to scare me, though. The new Teen Titans has god awful animation as it is, but Scary Terry set me oFF.

It's fine man. I wouldn't necessarily cry, I would just internalize my terror and quickly look away/change the channel. Like, with Fight or Flight reactions, my reaction as a child was to Freeze.

Oh gods I hate the Teen Titans Go series with every fiber of my being. They took the original Teen Titans, something beautiful and amazing and just absolutely incredible, and turned it into a laughingstock.

Same. Teen Titans Go sucks. I saw it when it first came on the air. I watch the first episode, blinked for a while, turned off my TV and never watched it again. I honestly felt insulted by watching it.

@Kie group

Same. Teen Titans Go sucks. I saw it when it first came on the air. I watch the first episode, blinked for a while, turned off my TV and never watched it again. I honestly felt insulted by watching it.

My parents get mad at me for watching anime as though American animation hasn't TANKED for the most part. If you ask me, shows like Adventure Time and Steven Universe carried the cartoon industry on their back.

@Kie group

My best friend has now finished the koi drawing

dear gosh who the feck allowed her to be this disgustingly talented

I'm marrying your friend, no questions asked. I think some higher being blessed her, ngl.