forum Personal Venting Chat, New and Improved! (Without Jerks)
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 126 followers

@Sleep-deprived-and-Stupid group

I've always been okay with taking honors English because I had teachers that weren't boring and moved quickly. I slept through half of my English classes, I skipped a bunch of chapters of the book we were reading, (sorry Jyn, it was Frankenstein) and I never missed anything. Last year, I would've missed talking about the book, grading papers, reading more chapters, and watching a film of some historic moment connected to whatever book we were reading.

I should not be able to sleep through half of my 85 minute class periods and not miss anything in honors English
I'd wake up and she'd still be explaining the paper and we'd run out of time and have to do it on our own. I don't know what her obsession is with reading every single word out loud when I can read it 100x faster by myself??? Honey, I know you want to show off your reading skills, but I need to get this done.

@Pickles group

TKaM sucks and no one can change my mind my teacher was obsessed. It was really creepy

MINE TOO! I slept in her class for a reason.

Strap in, I have a story. So Harper Lee is dead, duh. But my teacher was like, okay well I want to visit the nursing home where she died. In order to get in (because she is not nursing home age), she pretended to be one of the ladies daughter, and had this woman lead her to Harper Lee's old room. She wasn't allowed in because Lee didn't have a will or living family when she died, so legally they couldn't do anything with her stuff and couldn't let anyone in. Also it's just kind of rude to let a stranger into a dead woman's room and probably also against company policy. So my teacher decided to go outside and see if the window was opened. The woman (who genuinely thought my teacher was her daughter) helped her figure out which was the right room. The blinds were partially open, so she took pictures of everything you could see inside. Mostly just her desk. tl;dr my old english teacher is probably morally gray and did some weird things and if you're on here, I'm really sorry but you should probably stop telling that to classes that barely know you

TKaM sucks and no one can change my mind my teacher was obsessed. It was really creepy

MINE TOO! I slept in her class for a reason.

Strap in, I have a story. So Harper Lee is dead, duh. But my teacher was like, okay well I want to visit the nursing home where she died. In order to get in (because she is not nursing home age), she pretended to be one of the ladies daughter, and had this woman lead her to Harper Lee's old room. She wasn't allowed in because Lee didn't have a will or living family when she died, so legally they couldn't do anything with her stuff and couldn't let anyone in. Also it's just kind of rude to let a stranger into a dead woman's room and probably also against company policy. So my teacher decided to go outside and see if the window was opened. The woman (who genuinely thought my teacher was her daughter) helped her figure out which was the right room. The blinds were partially open, so she took pictures of everything you could see inside. Mostly just her desk. tl;dr my old english teacher is probably morally gray and did some weird things

It's okay, we're all a bit morally gray here

My English teacher that I had last semester would let us do fun stuff. We made trading cards of characters from The Odyssey and we had a spoon fight when we did our Romeo and Juliet unit… he told me my essay writing was really good, so I may be a little biased…

Yeah. Sometimes you only take semester classes (like I took fashion last semester) and when your classes switch, sometimes your schedule only works if you switch teachers. I try not to do many semester classes for that reason, but I like art classes.

@Pickles group

Dude at my school if your semester classes don't fit with your year long classes, you don't get to take that semester class

Deleted user

I'm in such a weird mood, like I'm so fucking tired and I've been tired for the past week, but my brain is hyper

Deleted user

On the bright side my crystals are freshly charged so I'll just cling to my rose quartz and tigers eye I guess

@Pickles group

On the bright side my crystals are freshly charged so I'll just cling to my rose quartz and tigers eye I guess

that's good?

Okay. I don't know what her problem is, but my teacher has not once spelled my name right. It's like the thing where you say the wrong name on purpose, then when they correct you, say "oh whatever". THAT tactic of undermining.
"Zander"
"it's Xander"
"oh whatever…"
Like??? Does she feel threatened by me?? Does she have to assert dominance over some high school kid???

@AloeVera groupMentallyImInACottage

Omg I was tagged here and I was all like "ono did I do something wrong is someone tagging me to start drama" NO WE ARE GOOD LOVE U @Thing1AKA BIRTHDAY TWIN

@Pickles group

Okay. I don't know what her problem is, but my teacher has not once spelled my name right. It's like the thing where you say the wrong name on purpose, then when they correct you, say "oh whatever". THAT tactic of undermining.
"Zander"
"it's Xander"
"oh whatever…"
Like??? Does she feel threatened by me?? Does she have to assert dominance over some high school kid???

Doubtful. This isn't a Brat show

Deleted user

"Zander"
"it's Xander"
"oh whatever…"

Wait isn't it pronounced Zander though

"Zander"
"it's Xander"
"oh whatever…"

Wait isn't it pronounced Zander though

ITS PRONOUNCED THE SAME BUT SHE SPELLS IT WRONG EVERY TIME AND IT BOTHERS ME.
I wish ot wasn't, but it is.
Cuz y'know my crush's boyfriend's name is "Xavier"
and I want to die when I hear it.

@HighPockets group

I've always been okay with taking honors English because I had teachers that weren't boring and moved quickly. I slept through half of my English classes, I skipped a bunch of chapters of the book we were reading, (sorry Jyn, it was Frankenstein) and I never missed anything. Last year, I would've missed talking about the book, grading papers, reading more chapters, and watching a film of some historic moment connected to whatever book we were reading.

I should not be able to sleep through half of my 85 minute class periods and not miss anything in honors English
I'd wake up and she'd still be explaining the paper and we'd run out of time and have to do it on our own. I don't know what her obsession is with reading every single word out loud when I can read it 100x faster by myself??? Honey, I know you want to show off your reading skills, but I need to get this done.

Oh my Goddddd in 9th grade I got to do honors English but at the 10-12 grade high school they have way more teachers but we don't have the class? So now I'm stuck in a normal english class with a super annoying kid that won't shut the fuck up and I wanna strangle him, I hate this goddamn class. We were supposed to read M*cbeth this year and I was so excited but fuck that I guess, let's just do fifth grade readings logs instead!! -__-
Like for real, the stuff we're doing is stuff I did in 7th grade, I hate it.

Oh my Goddddd in 9th grade I got to do honors English but at the 10-12 grade high school they have way more teachers but we don't have the class? So now I'm stuck in a normal english class with a super annoying kid that won't shut the fuck up and I wanna strangle him, I hate this goddamn class. We were supposed to read M*cbeth this year and I was so excited but fuck that I guess, let's just do fifth grade readings logs instead!! -__-

Jyn, you poor soul…
My fourth grade year, they decided not to do honors classes, so I know that pain a bit, but in high school? Not cool.

@HighPockets group

Jyn, you poor soul…
My fourth grade year, they decided not to do honors classes, so I know that pain a bit, but in high school? Not cool.

It makes me wanna die :)!