And I'm not talking about Onion
Is it really necessary
What does this accomplish
I don't understand
please know what I'm talking about

Wait wtf are we talking about lmao

@HighPockets group

Oh, Ephe totally is still stalking this chat lol
Remember when they made that super overwrought "I'm leaving" post after I said something about them in this chat after they left it?
And then they didn't even leave.

@HighPockets group

I just checked it out and it's, for the most part, them complaining about disagreements and labeling everything that's not unicorns and rainbows as "toxicity" and "drama" just because they don't like it. That's how I'm interpreting the entire thing in general. There are some voices of reason on there, but I'm talking about the thread moderator.

Exactly, and the same to Moxie's post, I just don't know how to quote multiple ones lol!
Yeah, trust me, I'm an absolutely massive Star Wars fan so I know what toxic groups look like, and this isn't really one. Sure, there's some bad apples but it's mostly new users and/or trolls. They kinda tried to pin the blame on the OG users, but most of them rarely are on the general chat area, if they're still even on the site. Petty disagreements, while annoying, are not toxicity. People holding you accountable for what you say and do is not toxicity. The OP of that chat seems to think that they can try and control what other people say and have a horrible habit of trying to mod arguments they're not even involved in, and you can tell they have a very immature view of toxicity.

@HighPockets group

And posting "oh this site is toxic" isn't gonna create a non-toxic community?? You're kinda just adding to it??
or is that crazy??

Yeah, that basically just creates more arguments and infighting about if it's toxic or not.
All communities are going to be a tiny bit toxic, that's just how life is. There's no such thing as perfect people, and therefore there cannot be a perfect forum. There's always gonna be users that you personally find annoying or even hate, but that's how life is, you cannot get along with everyone you meet. It's just impossible, and frankly an immature worldview.

Deleted user

I would recommend that those of you that still follow this chat that are under the age limit–Leave.

This space is not for you.

Another word of advice–

If you're going to talk shit about people, dont be passive about it. It makes you look like a petty coward.
If you have something to say, then say it.

@Moxie group

I think . . . the "OGs" (people I was terrified of btw) still had disagreements but were more quiet about them and more scared to argue about them because they wanted to keep the peace. I think this "generation" of nb is a lot bolder and would rather speak our minds than keep the peace.
I don't know if either one is "good" or "bad" necessarily, it's just what I noticed.

@Althalosian-is-the-father book

I think . . . the "OGs" (people I was terrified of btw) still had disagreements but were more quiet about them and more scared to argue about them because they wanted to keep the peace. I think this "generation" of nb is a lot bolder and would rather speak our minds than keep the peace.
I don't know if either one is "good" or "bad" necessarily, it's just what I noticed.

How old is an OG these days? A 1 1/2 year?

@Moxie group

I would consider Emi one of the youngest (I mean like in a how-long-you've-been-on-the-site kind of way) OGs. SO pretty much anything before her ig??? Idk. Its not just anyone before Emi though. Its a certain group of people

@ElderGod-kirky group

People are different—that's just life. No one is obligated to love and cherish everyone, there will always be someone you personally don't like. Now, whether that dislike creates altercations is a different story. But that's not the point. You can't expect everyone to get along and try to make everything all sunshine and flowers (especailly in a chat meant for the exact opposite, but I digress). Getting called out for that kind of attempted moderation in a chat that isn't even yours to mod is not toxic, nor is it cause for drama. Calling the entire site toxic just because there are spats here and there, with some that turn into a little harsher 'spats' is not accurate and is only seeking for either attention or more arguments. Trashing an entire site won't solve anything, nor will sitting on your ass and not even attempting to do anything about it.

There's my peace.

@Althalosian-is-the-father book

I would consider Emi one of the youngest (I mean like in a how-long-you've-been-on-the-site kind of way) OGs. SO pretty much anything before her ig??? Idk. Its not just anyone before Emi though. Its a certain group of people

I agree that Emi is part of that. How old are you Emi? (Notebook wise).

Deleted user

Yeah I’m at 1 and maybe 3/4, because I’ll become two years in February or March.