forum Don't Be Suspicious
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 113 followers

Deleted user

Y'all are really out here putting Victor Frankenstein on the same level as Proteus, smh.

Honestly VF isn’t that bad

He’s a bad dad but he was scared ok if you ran away from some big scary monster that just wanted a hug and called an asshole you wouldn’t be so happy

@HighPockets group

Y'all are really out here putting Victor Frankenstein on the same level as Proteus, smh.

He’s a bad dad but he was scared ok if you ran away from some big scary monster that just wanted a hug and called an asshole you wouldn’t be so happy

Also like…that's uncanny valley af. I was in an escape room last month and it was zombie themed and I screamed when the zombie started moving. Like…big pile of body parts suddenly starts moving, especially when you're sleep deprived and have a fever so high you later pass out? That ain't it, chief.

Deleted user

Also like…that's uncanny valley af. I was in an escape room last month and it was zombie themed and I screamed when the zombie started moving. Like…big pile of body parts suddenly starts moving, especially when you're sleep deprived and have a fever so high you later pass out? That ain't it, chief.

EXACTLY I forgot Victor was sick. Bruh he felt bad at the end, if I remember correctly (or was it for a different reason? Jeez I need to read this story again).

@HighPockets group

EXACTLY I forgot Victor was sick. Bruh he felt bad at the end, if I remember correctly (or was it for a different reason? Jeez I need to read this story again).

I know in the musical yes I'm aware I've fallen way too far down this rabbit hole he apologizes at the end and I think he does in the book too.

Deleted user

I’m so offended by the garlic thing because the moment I crave anything Italian I’ll just die instantly.

@Mojack group

You ever just wanna become a vampire and then realize how much Italian food you eat? Because I did today.
I couldn't live forever without garlic

I couldn’t live without my garlic bread and sticks so I understand that

@Pickles group

Spoilers. Obviously. Idk how to do the spoiler thing. Sorry Jynnie but
Okay, well he was trying to make it alive so he really shouldn't have been THAT surprised when it actually moved. And the monster was pretty. It was just the eyes. Second, Justine. He just sat there while she was sentenced to death not saying anything other than an offhand "oh she's innocent". Never said how he knew. He wouldn't have been in that much trouble if he had just said "hey I created a monster and I think that's what killed William." They would've hunted down the monster, which he wanted to happen anyway, and he might have spent a few years in jail or something. So this entirely innocent girl was sentenced to death for something she didn't do and he just. Sat. There. And watched. Even seeing how it affected Elizabeth. Her feelings weren't valid either. He was HAPPY. Third. (Third? Maybe. I don't remember)
He saw the monster again and called it a devil. Wouldn't listen to the monster's story until he realized he really did owe the monster and he didn't have anything else to do. Other than, you know, spend time with his family. The whole reason they were in this place to begin with. Fourth. He briefly considers the possible consequences of creating another one, and then throws that out the window and agrees to it for pretty much no reason. And that's as far as I've gotten

@HighPockets group

Spoilers. Obviously. Idk how to do the spoiler thing. Sorry Jynnie but
Okay, well he was trying to make it alive so he really shouldn't have been THAT surprised when it actually moved. And the monster was pretty. It was just the eyes. Second, Justine. He just sat there while she was sentenced to death not saying anything other than an offhand "oh she's innocent". Never said how he knew. He wouldn't have been in that much trouble if he had just said "hey I created a monster and I think that's what killed William." They would've hunted down the monster, which he wanted to happen anyway, and he might have spent a few years in jail or something. So this entirely innocent girl was sentenced to death for something she didn't do and he just. Sat. There. And watched. Even seeing how it affected Elizabeth. Her feelings weren't valid either. He was HAPPY. Third. (Third? Maybe. I don't remember)
He saw the monster again and called it a devil. Wouldn't listen to the monster's story until he realized he really did owe the monster and he didn't have anything else to do. Other than, you know, spend time with his family. The whole reason they were in this place to begin with. Fourth. He briefly considers the possible consequences of creating another one, and then throws that out the window and agrees to it for pretty much no reason. And that's as far as I've gotten

1. Was he really though? He was so caught up in his idealized version of the Creature that he was ignoring everything else (which, fun fact, does tend to happen when you get super caught up in doing something, you focus too much on what your ideal end goal is, especially when you romanticize it as much as he was, and the actual end is never as pretty.) Granted, I'm not a monsterfucker but I'm pretty sure that a bunch of mismatched, stitched-up limbs isn't gonna be pretty, especially with Sith dead guy eyes that are bright yellow.
  2. Yeah, he was wrong when it came to Justine, but do you know what asylums were like back then? Going up to the judge and saying "yeah, I reanimated a corpse" would get you tossed into an insane asylum and left to rot for the rest of your life, assuming you weren't executed for heresy. So no, not a few years in jail, literal life and death. And what makes Victor such a compelling character is that he's selfish. He and Elizabeth tried to get Justine acquited, but she gave a false confession and that was that. Elizabeth testified on her behalf and the court shut her down.
  3. Would you not assume that a shambling bunch of limbs is some sort of demon? If someone came up to me and said "I killed your brother and framed your fiance's friend for the murder" I wouldn't want to hear why, I'd be pissed. And he does spend time with his family after the experiment goes wrong, he spends months recovering with Clerval.
  4. The Creature threatened to kill everyone that Victor loved if he didn't agree. Victor, for all his faults, feels emotions very deeply when he does feel them. I'm not going to spoil it for you, but you're going to see this very soon.

Deleted user

I'm on Team The-Zombie-Boy-Was-Actually-Gorgeous because don't we all feel like a buncg of stitched up limbs?

@HighPockets group

I'm on Team The-Zombie-Boy-Was-Actually-Gorgeous because don't we all feel like a buncg of stitched up limbs?

I mean I don't but you do you. Or you do him. Whichever you'd prefer.

@Pickles group

Except it literally says he was beautiful. His eyes were ugly and his skin was too tight.

@Pickles group

I give up. You can go on thinking he's awesome and I'll know he's a dick but it's fine because we're not going to convince each other otherwise