forum Don't Be Suspicious
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 113 followers

@Trix

You definitely have a point. There are a bunch of people(kids) who'll have one bad day and immediately say 'oh I want to kill myself' or that type of stuff. I hate that shit.

@Overdoneyanoveltropeyesplease

I think sometimes people give bad advice on this site. And I think it shouldn’t be as common an occurrence as it is that people come on here for, essentially, free therapy. I know that there are instances where people are just in a situation where they can’t really get actual therapy, and it’s fine if they want to privately pm someone to vent. That being said, I think it’s kinda (and by kinda, I mean very) sus when people are apparently nearly in crisis and just on some chat for help. There are hotlines that are toll free, text lines if you don’t want to talk for whatever reason, even online chats with people who are, first of all, adults, and second of all, trained to help people through crisis. Plus, it can be triggering for other people, or at the very least upsetting and just emotionally draining to come on. This site and suddenly be swept up in someone stanger’s whole life story and emotionally issues. This is especially taxing because there’s this sort of unspoken standard that you have to pitch in and be supportive of e v e r y o n e who comes crying on a chat, so it’s like you have to try to come up with a way to help someone you don’t know and will likely shut down every piece of advice you offer. This is exactly the fucking reason why I feel guilty to even come on here and mention I had a bad day. This site isn’t for therapy. It’s actually for writing, but I agree that it’s nice to have a community that is accessible.

Anyway, that’s my rant.

@Trix

Solid point, though if you don't want to witness or take part in that it's all your choice. No one is compelled to give advice and if certain chats trigger you just avoid them.

@Periwinkle_

Well sometimes talking to people about the situation can help, even if it’s not free therapy. And you don’t have to say anything d you don’t want to. Nobody will be angry with you if you don’t. And I must say (I’m not saying this to be mean, I promise) you just got upset bc people weren’t talking about the issue you posted, so you should understand why others want people on this site to respond too. This is the general chat, it’s not for writing necessarily.

Deleted user

I actually agree with Over. There is a lot of very poor and generic advice given out on this site and I don't really think that it helps anyone.

But then again I'm years older than anyone else on this site so it all just looks like over dramatic whining to me, so I don't really know if I am allowed to have an opinion here.

Deleted user

Yes, but I have to censor myself because I'm an adult and can't be overly mean to all these children or else I'll get tattled on.

Deleted user

Really quick: My hair is black again and I feel like such a badass motherfucking Queen right now. YESSSS My true form.

Deleted user

Really quick: My hair is black again and I feel like such a badass motherfucking Queen right now. YESSSS My true form.

Yesssss!!!

also It's another boring ass day at work so I'm wearing paperclips in all my piercings. Punk intensifies

Deleted user

I need a discussion that's just Eris updating us on what she does at work

Deleted user

I need a discussion that's just Eris updating us on what she does at work

I third this idea

Deleted user

Eris Log

4:20pm - Thinks about the brownie she has at home while shopping on amazon
4:25pm - Shoves entire cronut into mouth. Giggles.
4:28pm - Reads webtoon

Deleted user

4:30pm - Spins in spinny chair while humming Black Parade and texts boyfriend about date night