forum Don't Be Suspicious
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 113 followers

Deleted user

While five pounds in general is inconvenient for knifefighting, heavier weaponry like axes are five pounds. And most adults are built to wield five pound things, and 5lb intruments are usually double-handed.

A fifteen year old would, in theory, be able to fight with five pounds (I could. I’m sixteen but it’s close enough), but they’d need to be educated in how so they don’t hurt themselves.

@HighPockets group

A five pound dagger is just improbable, I'm no weapons expert but daggers are meant to be slender and easily concealed. My dagger-wielding characters are ones who are constantly on the go and so need a more lightweight weapon, and ones who want a weapon they can hide until necessary.
Most normal swords are around 2.5-3.5 pounds. Big weapons like a mace or, like Emi said, an ax, weigh 5 pounds. Even big swords are usually around 4.5 pounds.

@HighPockets group

I've worked a little with stage swords before (lighter than real broadswords, but the same length) so I knew it was inaccurate. A little research goes a long way.

Deleted user

dom was the one for that whole talk

my man be wielding swords like no tomorrow

@Fraust

Mosis just came onto one of my one on one roleplays that's going on for almost ten pages and has closed clearly in the title and asked to join??

Deleted user

They also did it to one that was extremely dead, back from 2018

@Fraust

I was just like
"Just as a friendly tip, if something says 'CLOSED' in the title, that does mean it's closed"
And they were like
"Oh haha I'm dumb xp"
Like?? Yeah you're fucking stupid, even if you didn't see the CLOSED in the title, it's clearly been going on between two specific people for a long time?? What the fuck??

@ElderGod-Icefire

Here's what I did. Maybe it was harsh, but I've got no patience left:

- Check the title. Does this say "Closed"? Yes? That means NO
- Again, check the title. Does it say "OxO"? Yes? Is there also two people already involved? Yes? Then that also means no
- Check the page number. Is this more than five pages in? Yes? That means that it is probably closed.
So, if you haven't figured it out, that's a no. My apologies if I was unduly harsh, but I've seen you doing this to multiple other RPs, all of which also said CLOSED. I know that Caustic Fraust told you already that Closed means Closed, and Closed = no more people. So. Please keep the three things I've said above in mind for the future. Thank you

Deleted user

yeah i saw it lmao, I deleted the answer

blind, more like a fucking idiot