people_alt 109 followers

@HighPockets group

maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe or maybe I should binge watch Mando

I think you should binge watch Mando
Meet my knife wife Cara Dune
Ugh I still need to finish it!

@Knick

Saw this discussion and I have a question to ask:

What’s everyone’s opinions on compulsory military service? Against it? Support it? Neutral? I know a lot of people can have pretty varied opinions on this sort of stuff.

I personally don’t have much of an opinion on it myself. It’s kind of like; I’m okay it with. Doesn’t mean I love it, but I don’t dislike it either. Which is part of the reason why I’m asking, to see the other opinions on it.

In my country, Switzerland military service is compulsory for every male (that qualifies) at 18 years old, and they serve for a minimum of 245 days. However it’s not like we’re going to go and bonk some people on their heads, seeing as we’re all neutral here in Switzerland. The last war we actively fought in was in 1847, which is quite some time ago.

So yeah: opinions on compulsory military service?

Deleted user

Oh, it's a newbie…
Sup. The name's Miriam. You can call me Mir or Miri, too. Resident meme maker. Edgar Allen Poe obsessed. I write stuff. Bisexual Mess. That Emo Chick With the Eyeliner.

Deleted user

Also. Hi newbie. You seem decent based on the fact you are here. How old are you?

Lord Jesus Dom don't be a pedophile XD

@HighPockets group

Ah, ah, ah. No Miri. Biromantic homosexual. Remember?

-__-
Dude
Why are you so focused on her sexuality and what labels she uses? It's kinda weird, not gonna lie.

Deleted user

Yeah, Biromantic homosexual! Because I found a fitting label!! :D

@Trix

-__-
Dude
Why are you so focused on her sexuality and what labels she uses? It's kinda weird, not gonna lie.

^ mhm. Oh and not to distract from Knick’s topic at all (personally I am not a fan of compulsory military service), but what’s everyone’s opinions on “micro-labeling?”

@HighPockets group

-__-
Dude

^ mhm. Oh and not to distract from Knick’s topic at all (personally I am not a fan of compulsory military service), but what’s everyone’s opinions on “micro-labeling?”

I think it's fine. Anything that helps people figure out who they are. I'd say that being biromantic and homosexual falls under split identity more than microlabeling though.

Deleted user

-__-
Dude

I think it's fine. Anything that helps people figure out who they are. I'd say that being biromantic and homosexual falls under split identity more than microlabeling though.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Personally, I'm one of those people who likes complete closure when it comes to my sexuality. I like identifying as something that tells you who I like and in what way as soon as you hear it. But I know a lot of people who are completely different.

@HighPockets group

-__-
Dude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Personally, I'm one of those people who likes complete closure when it comes to my sexuality. I like identifying as something that tells you who I like and in what way as soon as you hear it. But I know a lot of people who are completely different.

Same. I like knowing the specifics of what I am in every aspect of my life.

Deleted user

Guys for real we don't do introductions in this chat. Just let people pop in and out without wasting pages

Deleted user

not to mention that they came in with a debate topic that got completely ignored.

T_T

Deleted user

Saw this discussion and I have a question to ask:

What’s everyone’s opinions on compulsory military service? Against it? Support it? Neutral? I know a lot of people can have pretty varied opinions on this sort of stuff.

I personally don’t have much of an opinion on it myself. It’s kind of like; I’m okay it with. Doesn’t mean I love it, but I don’t dislike it either. Which is part of the reason why I’m asking, to see the other opinions on it.

In my country, Switzerland military service is compulsory for every male (that qualifies) at 18 years old, and they serve for a minimum of 245 days. However it’s not like we’re going to go and bonk some people on their heads, seeing as we’re all neutral here in Switzerland. The last war we actively fought in was in 1847, which is quite some time ago.

So yeah: opinions on compulsory military service?

I find this topic interesting actually, considering the current nature of the world.

(Also–the fun fact about Switzerland is neat. I had no idea that they had compulsory service considering, as you mentioned, they are a neutral country.)

I am a military brat so I have a special place in my heart for the armed forces because I've seen it all since I was tiny. The effect that it has on families, etc. etc. With that said, I do respect people's rights to choose not to go on that life path, but I do think that I support compulsory service. For females and males. (im an equalist) And for a limited time, like a year or so.

I think that the service provides a plethora of life experiences that could be beneficial to all young adults coming out of high school. Not to mention assist said youth in finding a career path to move forward in after their contract is up.

(the likelihood of being deployed to "war" during such a short contracted time is also extraordinarily low… just in case that is anyone's argument.)