forum Show off Your Art!!!
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 198 followers

@AloofFloof group

@Nyappy Thanks! But I am not all that great with backgrounds, I was just being paid to stick to finishing that one… :"D. If that art was for me, I honestly wouldn't have drawn one in. xD Takes aaages ugh >~<

@Reblod flag

Here's a wip but I need help how to make the shading on the faces better
I've been trying to work on my shading techniques but I'm still trash at shading faces

soo any helpful advice?

@ElderGodSwimwithGamers group

I've been trying to work on my shading techniques but I'm still trash at shading faces

soo any helpful advice?

/https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/459499474763382784/777818002502451210/Screen_Shot_2020-11-16_at_7.50.33_pm.png

Transition colors! Don't just use the technical shade color. For me, I like to use a slightly darker shade than the blush. Then, I add it to the edges of the sausage before blending, it helps with any muddling issues and it a bit more ~natural~ looking
I also like looking at skulls and references to see how the shadows fall, and the colors that they are since it's usually a mix.
Not to forget, adding highlights and then blending them really well can add a pop without it being too obvious

@Katastrophic group

soo any helpful advice?

It's looking good so far! I'd look at references for similar art styles you like. Also, don't be afraid of reds. They're everywhere in the face and in lighting! My notes for adding reds are blush and then places where bone/cartilage is close to the skin such as around the eyes (use references and up the saturation to see better). For lighting, look into "subsurface scattering," it's kinda advanced but can make skin shading so pretty! I guess just remember that skin isn't like fabric or hair, it's semi-translucent and has many layers, so shading and lighting works a little different.

@saor_illust school

*art
but hey,
you get better with practise

my best tip is to just draw whatever you like, but don't forget to practise parts of things you think you "can't draw"
and draw everyday
it helps
trust me

laughs in neglected everythign in favour of this huge art piece i'm working on

while i'm on the topic of that
i accidentally made the canvas 3ft x 1.1ft
,,,,,,, oops
i just kept expanding it lmao

@moss

I haven't posted on here in a while so here are some sketches
second and third one are haikyuu characters and last two are from a dtiys
IMG-1720
IMG-1732
IMG-1731
IMG-1716
IMG-1715

@Reblod flag

I got my final printed art piece back today so I thought I'd share the digital version because I kept hesitating then forgetting to share it anywhere

It's really big I think about a metre long and about 30 cm wide. We had folios throughout the year where we tracked our process and it was fittingly chaotic but you can see some consistency

I mean…if anyone was that curious I could share some photos of some of the pages. But I'm just typing as I wait for this huge ass file to finish uploading

Stash link just in case it does something weird: https://sta.sh/09axgdi3tv3

@Reblod flag

Thanks everyone
Yeah I spent most of my time in class procrastinating actually planning by designing a whole bunch of weird creatures

Unfortunately not all of them made it in