forum Show off Your Art!!!
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 198 followers

@Katastrophic group

cute!
Here's my girl Rori, I realized it's difficult to make her face as expressive with her bangs to hide her eyebrows, so here's her new haircut and my sketch process of it!

@SpookyJim

Wow it's so cool to see what a difference that can make!! she's so cute!!
teach me how to make characters consistent please

i'd be happy to help y'all

Deleted user

So, you're thinking warm colours for her?

Yes actually, I was thinking making light peach colors with brown, maybe some light pinks, pastel like colors. I wanted to mess around with colors.

@Katastrophic group

honestly I can only draw girls so lets trade x)
Also if anyone can crack the secret of consistent characters, it isn't me lol. I guess the key I use is that I've been drawing her for a while now, I designed her character last march and whenever I practice figures I make sure it's her hair, face, and body type so when I start my comic eventually it'll be consistent. And character sheets. Even if it's just a sketch of the character and the outfit and a color pallet, having something to reference makes sure all the little details stay the same and the colors don't slowly shift anywhere.

So with Rori, I focus on her eyes, ears, and hair, and then the rest sorta keeps up with whatever style I'm using that day. As long as the colors stay the same it looks like her. now if only I could do that with everyone else that'd be great

@Celestial-Burst

Keeping characters consistent is super hard, especially if you’re not experienced or haven’t drawn that character much. It really just comes with time and practice. For my webcomic I’m creating I really have o make sure the characters look the same, so kind of like what Katastrophe said, I focus on the main aspects of the character like eyes and stuff and then the rest falls into place :D

@ninja_violinist

Huh that does make sense!
(Your practice with Rori definitely shows in this case! I was so impressed that she looked like the same character who happened to get a haircut rather than an entirely different person who happened to have the same colour scheme, if you know what I mean)

@Kinarymo

@IAMUS yoo, thats a cool looking dragon, do u upload all ur stuff to Pinterest? :0

Also, here's a Wujiu with loose hair i drew because i love this dual oreo boi so much

@YukiSenoue group

@IAMUS yoo, thats a cool looking dragon, do u upload all ur stuff to Pinterest? :0

Also, here's a Wujiu with loose hair i drew because i love this dual oreo boi so much

it is awesome! I love your style.
(and how to post images direcly? Using tags such as [img]? )