forum Show off Your Art!!!
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 198 followers

@Katastrophic group

show us all the aaart

and on the topic of cheap supplies, papermate pens are a personal favorite, they shade really well. Also if anyone here wants markers without making their wallet sad, ohuhu markers are close enough to copics that I don't really see a difference (besides some colors, but o well), and they're stupidly cheap compared to name brand. I got a set of 80 for $40

@The-N-U-T-Cracker

I had a set of them, they’re pretty great but they do dry up faster, I think
I’m not completely sure, all I know is that I tried to swatch them again after 2 years of sitting on the shelf and they were practically unusable

Deleted user

Since everyone is talking about art supplies… Well I got some "survival" tips from years of being cheap:

• Buy the cheapest sketchbook, it doesn´t need to be made by any brand and as long as the paper is slightly thicker than copy paper (found some good ones at dollarama for like $3 or less, I seen a 6 markers set for like $3.50 though)
  • Again, dollarama, they got like these $2 or $3 alcohol markers, they aren´t some copic level stuff but they do the job and ain´t that bad.
  • Saving sketchbook pages: so, in case anything bleeds through a page and you really wanted to use it, you can just glue another piece of paper on top and draw there, there´s already more paper under it making it slightly more resistent (at least from my experience) and in most cases if it bleeds it wont damage yout other drawings.
  • Fancy inking materials? Nah, sometimes a regular pen would do the job (I inkied almost everything with a bic pen for years) and in case you want some, there are this artline pens that I seen on almost every art store, they are less than $2 at much (I seen cheaper at some) and in case the ink doesn´t come out you can insert a needle on them (have some paper towels under it , it can get messy, learned from experience…)
  • Post it notes are a life saver, can´t erease something? just put a little post it note on top and draw that part again, too big? cut it, wont stick for some reason? there´s always glue in case that happens!

Seriously, I survived on cheap art supplies for years, the most I have spend was like… around $10 or something, maybe over a little, at least when it comes to cheap stuff, I invested more money on more "proffesional" stuff but for cheap art supplies I found some good quality ones at dollar stores and what not…

Deleted user

Since everyone is talking about art supplies… Well I got some "survival" tips from years of being cheap:

• Buy the cheapest sketchbook, it doesn´t need to be made by any brand and as long as the paper is slightly thicker than copy paper (found some good ones at dollarama for like $3 or less, I seen a 6 markers set for like $3.50 though)
  • Again, dollarama, they got like these $2 or $3 alcohol markers, they aren´t some copic level stuff but they do the job and ain´t that bad.
  • Saving sketchbook pages: so, in case anything bleeds through a page and you really wanted to use it, you can just glue another piece of paper on top and draw there, there´s already more paper under it making it slightly more resistent (at least from my experience) and in most cases if it bleeds it wont damage yout other drawings.
  • Fancy inking materials? Nah, sometimes a regular pen would do the job (I inkied almost everything with a bic pen for years) and in case you want some, there are this artline pens that I seen on almost every art store, they are less than $2 at much (I seen cheaper at some) and in case the ink doesn´t come out you can insert a needle on them (have some paper towels under it , it can get messy, learned from experience…)
  • Post it notes are a life saver, can´t erease something? just put a little post it note on top and draw that part again, too big? cut it, wont stick for some reason? there´s always glue in case that happens!

Seriously, I survived on cheap art supplies for years, the most I have spend was like… around $10 or something, maybe over a little, at least when it comes to cheap stuff, I invested more money on more "proffesional" stuff but for cheap art supplies I found some good quality ones at dollar stores and what not…

I’m poor but Walmart sketchbooks are extra thick and super good.

Deleted user

I mean, if anyone has a little bit of budget they could buy some pieces of paper, fold them in half, glue or sew them together or whatever method you like the most and turn them into sketchbooks (I did that on 7th grade…)
And an extra thing I just remembered, if a page falls from your sketchbook (it happens sometimes if it´s one of those where the pages are glued to the cover and the quality isn´t the best) then just glue it again and if you can, then just tape than thing back (I feel like most of my sketchbooks have tons of glue and tape on them…)

Deleted user

i sit over here with my expensive stuff lol

my prismas and my fineliners and sasuka stuff gurl

@The-N-U-T-Cracker

oh did I tell you guys
I managed to obtain antique prismacolors
for free
cause some old lady didn't want them
and this is why you should always go to local church basement sales

@Kinarymo

BOI
i use pencils i found at school, and a normal blank paper notebook my dad brought me
no liners, no crayons, no nothing lmfao
I sometimes draw on the back of printed papers lol

as for my digital tools, i have a dying Wacom tablet and a laptop thats only a little more efficient than a potato hhhh

Deleted user

Bruh all I have is a school IPad for digital (using my finger) and a Walmart sketch book along with random 0.7 led pencils I find.

@Kinarymo

Lesson of the day is

Ur tools don't define ur skills :0

Dying tablet produced dis –>

Simple notebook and a pencil produced dis –>

@Knight-Shives group

Poster board which you could get for a dollar in some places could help also, just cut it so its small enough and put under your paper, it will stop you from denting the other pages in your notebook and pens/markers will just bleed through onto the posterboard

Deleted user

You don’t need to be rich to destroy your enemies and shade like a maniac.

Cheap 5 dollar pencil and a 3 dollar Walmart sketch book, with ALOT of work. Still the best drawing of mine.