forum Show off Your Art!!!
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 198 followers

@Reblod flag

Warm-up sketch of Louise

uhh made with expensive stuff but looking at this in comparison to artworks with cheaper stuff really shows that skill is what matters not price

Deleted user

You guys are so gooooooooooood ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@PaperHats business

:3 everyone is so nice to artists here I love how positive this place is and thank you to everyone who said anything about Drōzall, I spent so much time on his composition lol

And also everyone you are amazing

@Katastrophic group

good arts everyone! Imma just toss all my broke college student art supplies and tips here too while we're kinda in the topic

• Walmart sketchbooks are the best, I've had better luck with them than pricey ones tbh
  • Keep one page of your sketchbook to act as a bleed page, stick it between artwork when you work on it. It prevents ghost marks from pressing too hard (or be like me and work back to front), it catches any marker bleeds, and it can be used to test colors or make pallets. Mine even has a few reminders and class notes on it
  • In all my classes, I have only used one 'fancy' pencil other than a trusty banged up mechanical (and it was one of those solid graphite shading ones, used it once)
  • If u want a good eraser, get a white polymer one (same price but wont leave any dye marks like blue or pink erasers)
  • A good kneaded/putty eraser is worth a whole pack of regular ones cause the last a long time if you take care of them (unless you work with charcoal, then just buy a lot of regular)
  • Ohuhu markers
  • Invest in some microns if you're into maker art, I get away with only using 1's and .5's for tiny detail work. You want these cause they are alcohol based and make better lines than sharpie fine points. Cheap pens are great but alcohol markers will cause them to smear and run, so a good micron or two is a good investment
  • Jellyroll white gel pens are. the. best. They're like whiteout without being chunky and they work miracles on cleaning up a finished piece. They can be used for highlights, cleaning up messy lines, any areas where you go outside the lines, and pencil marks that don't quite erase. They can be layered so they cover even bright colors like red, but most things don't draw as well over them (microns work okay, but ohuhu markers run lighter on top of the white pen), so they are a finishing touch. idk about other brands but they'd probably work if you get them from the art aisle
  • Use your student programs for any digital stuff. All adobe programs have a student discount and some high schools and colleges can let you get it for free
  • If you need a tablet and feel safe doing it, check second hand sites such as ebay. I know my first tablet had a defect that made a lot of them available in these shops (it was just a bad charging port, had to buy a battery charger, still cheaper than a new tablet).

and a bonus advice from my digital teacher

• If you're in it for the long run, a screenless tablet is a good starting bet. They need less computing power than a screen tablet and are more practical for moving around, like for a job or school, and it's much easier to learn the quirks and tuning of a screened tablet after the hand-eye coordination thing screenless needs than the other way around.
    ^This was how I and my roommate learned and I think it has some merit (why I put it here) after some of my classmates struggled with the screenless tablets we had in class. Not their fault, but even with screens they weren't as coordinated when moving things around from one screen to another.

anyways thanks for reading my essay

@Oakiin

New art, oh boy!
You guy are awesome with all y'all's art tips by the way. You've been helping me out loads not gonna lie xD Thanks!!

This is half of a payment for an adoptable on Deviantart. I love this chara's colors, they really hit my aesthetic

@The-Magician group

Can someone give me some good quality coloured pencil brands???
I'm looking on Amazon and as much as I want to buy Prismacolor, I don't want to be spending more than £20.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

@The-N-U-T-Cracker

Yeah, I've just done some quick research, you're probably best off getting Crayola pencils and then slowly buying Prismacolors/Fabercastell pencils one at a time to build up a collection or something

@Fraust

I think they're referencing a much earlier post when someone accidentally called the people in this chat toes instead of who knows what else lol. Basically, I think they're saying everyone here is good

@The-N-U-T-Cracker

OKAY BEANS, BEANS, AND EXTRA CUTE BEANS
PREPARE FOR A LONG AS HEC POST CAUSE I FOUND MY OLD ART-

The photos are terrible quality and need editing but I’m lazy so you can just suffer.

Anyway, here is the oldest art of mine that I still have in my possession-

I went through a phase when I was like 4-7 where the only thing I would draw was just a tree with a birds nest and a mommy bird flying to her babies, who were poking their heads from the nest
Sometimes I’d add other details like apples, a sunset, an owl, but it was still the same exact picture, I made like hundreds of these drawings and was proud of them every time

Then there was all my pinkie pie fan art that I think I already shared so I’m only going to show one example:

Then here’s some stuff from when I was 10-11:

(Self-portrait… woo)

(My first ever accidental drawing of Hatsune Miku… I didn’t even know who she was, I just saw a lot of people drawing her and decided to join in)

()

(My first ever design of my baby Aquila… sniff they grow up so fast…)

And, of course, the artwork that was so “amazing” that it not only convinced my mom to financially support my whole artist thing but also inspired my best friend to start drawing and she’s hecking amazing now-

This.
This was the drawing they were all freaking out about, as if I was an absolute child prodigy.
An ugly, disproportionate doodle of my older sister in a library.
So uhh, if you ever think your art is so bad no one could possibly like it, you’re probably wrong, people tend to like some garbage stuff man-

Stuff from age 11-12 (I don’t remember which, lol):

(:D)

(The oldest piece of artwork I have that I still kind of like-)

(My first drawing using a proper digital art tablet :DDDDD)

(My most popular drawing to date… I had uploaded all of these to a children’s art sharing/learning site called Jam, and as of right now, it has over two hundred likes and I still get comments on it despite it being years old-)

(My first digital portrait…)

(That odd phase in my art journey where I only knew how to draw eyes and absolutely nothing else. I never finished any of my artwork during this phase and everything just looked wrong… kinda sounds like me right now when I think about it)

(Another one of my babies in their earliest stage)

And the first ever drawing of NutElla herself :D

And finally, a few examples that perfectly show just how bad I was at taking care of my art

And how difficult it was to finish and hide a drawing before my sisters did this to it-

So yeah.
:P
I would find some more recent old art but it’s all on my computer and I’m too lazy to dig through files so this is it for now

Deleted user

(Okay, Ella, I know that this has nothing to do with your art, but I love your nails.)

I was literally thinking the same thing lmaooo

@The-N-U-T-Cracker

(:D thank you! It’s literally dollar tree nail polish but I’ve gotten a surprisingly large amount of compliments on them so I just keep buying the same color over and over again)