forum Your personal venting space.
Started by @The-N-U-T-Cracker
tune

people_alt 117 followers

@saor_illust school

on a side note, i'd just like to say that i've seen a meme that jokes about chernobyl, but i take that historical event pretty seriously, and honestly, that meme really annoys me, as i don't think chernobyl is a subject to joke about. it was a serious event, and a lot of people were hurt or injured during that event.

@saor_illust school

Yeah np Miri. I have no idea what you're thanking me for, I just needed to get that out in public. Also I have to go now, and won't be back for a couple hours.

@SupernaturalSyGuyIsTIred group

Guys, I made the mistake of telling my dad that I want to be an author, and now he keeps pressuring me to finish writing one of my stories. Mind you that this man totally doesn't understand the concept of writers' block, nor does he understand that I switch between my numerous stories when I get stuck. Thus is very frustrating to me, and he's sucking the joy that I get out of writing. Ugh!!!!!!!!!!

theinnocentchild

You can't rush writing. Just take your time and write the best kind of the story you can write, and if he doesn't understand, tell him that writing a good story that someone would enjoy reading takes a lot of time and effort, and can't just be done first try. There's a lot of editing and rewriting that goes into writing a good story, and that's not including writing a first draft when, with writer's block, is really hard to come up with.

@SupernaturalSyGuyIsTIred group

Guys, I made the mistake of telling my dad that I want to be an author, and now he keeps pressuring me to finish writing one of my stories. Mind you that this man totally doesn't understand the concept of writers' block, nor does he understand that I switch between my numerous stories when I get stuck. Thus is very frustrating to me, and he's sucking the joy that I get out of writing. Ugh!!!!!!!!!!

I know that he means well, but still, constantly hearing 'finish a story' IS NOT HELPING! He also doesn't seem to understand that there's not a guaranteed chance that the story will get published!!!!

This topic has been locked by a moderator.