ivealreadybegun

it's a really good book!

no, go to bed. you need to be up early!

Deleted user

Ah cool! ….the only thing I've read by Stephen King is IT XD

Would you recommend?

YESS

Deleted user

Hello and welcome to the Simon who appeared two pages ago.

there was a simon??? now i feel so bad!

@_Magnus_is_in_physics

I have a question

or more like a request for opinion?

So a few week back I had a really bad breakdown that was on and of for a few days, and during that time, I actually grew the balls to tell my mom I wanted to see a therapist… She then explained to me that

1. A therapist wasn't going to solve all my problems just like that because according to her I suspected any therapist to be a unicorn that stabbed me into becoming a magical perfect human being
    2.That because I was someone that barely managed to trust herself with anything( that is pathetically true) it would be a bad idea to start depending on someone else so much.
  2. And finally that as a teenager it was normal for me to feel bad like this from time to time.

So I know dis is kinda out of the blue, but I guess I'd like to know someone else's point of view on this cuz I don't really know what to think…?
I'm gonna send this before I start overthinking about this and delete everything 0_0

Deleted user

i personally think that if you want to see someone you should be able to. yes, they won't solve all your problems but at the end of the day, if you believe that something they say might help you then you should be allowed to go. i think the trusting thing is weird, even though you don't trust yourself thats not a reason to not trust and depend on a professional. teenagers are moody but some things are more than just teenage moodiness. since you believe a therapist is the best option for you then they should respect that <3

@Shuri-the-Floof-Doggo

I think sometimes with teenagers, feeling down and blue does happen sometimes and the trick is realizing whether it's your hormones, or it's your actual depression.
but I also but I also think that if you're having internal problems, it's good to see one

Deleted user

Hi, what'd I miss. And father, your a grandpa. Simon is my adopted child.

@Pickles group

Is there a way to see one just once? So maybe you could figure out with some help if it's normal and if seeing a therapist regularly would help

@Fraust

On the subject of therapy, are my parents bad parents because all three of us (my sister, my brother, and myself) have all needed/still need counseling? I don't know exactly what my brother is going for, but my sister and I both had (in her case) and have depression. Since counselors seem tentative to fully diagnose my depression even though it's clearly that and it's been four years, I'm technically mostly there for my bad anxiety and stuff

Deleted user

Nope, not bad parents! You can have the best parents in the world and still have mental health issues, just like you can be rich and privileged and still have some 'problems.' Bad parents would acknowledge that and not seek help.

Plus, all the disorders you listed are usually passed down through genetics, so if your parents had any, chances are that's where you got it, and obviously that isn't your parents' fault lol.

I can't really speak about my personal situation, because I think my mom contributes to my depression, anxiety and panic disorder. But that's what I think about that lol

This topic has been locked by a moderator.