forum Your personal venting space.
Started by @The-N-U-T-Cracker
tune

people_alt 117 followers

@The-N-U-T-Cracker

Oh my goodness…
So, I'm currently drawing one of my characters, a 19-year-old woman with dyed hair, medium skin, and vitiligo, a rare condition causing the hair and skin to lose its color in confetti-like patches.

(^this is what the condition looks like)

This character is one of my favorites, I think she's absolutely beautiful, which is why I've decided to draw her first instead of actually designing my other characters. I've finished the sketch, blocked in the shading, and am now working on coloring in the portrait, which I was quite happy with at first but…

…The number of unintentionally, slightly racist comments from my little siblings about her skin patterns are not only shocking but are also kind of chipping away at my confidence??? Like, I love this character so much, I honestly think she's beautiful, but hearing all these words makes me feel a bit awful, and since I'm designing her for the purpose of a webcomic, her condition is going to be very obvious and I wouldn't want to create a hateful atmosphere all because of a main character's skin tones…
I know, I know, write what you want and don't let a bunch of 6-year-olds who don't yet have brain-to-mouth filters get in the way. I don't think I'll be changing her character because of this, but it still kind of hurts to hear people tell you that your favorite OC you've ever designed looks completely terrible, even if they are all little kids…

Deleted user

I hate asking people for things. I just had to ask a friend for a ride to a party tomorrow and for some reason it was a huge anxiety trigger.
And guess who's suicidal again

@The-N-U-T-Cracker

I hate asking people for things. I just had to ask a friend for a ride to a party tomorrow and for some reason it was a huge anxiety trigger.

big hugs it’ll be okay… I’m here for you <3

@Pickles group

Who knew? After my "happy-i-dont-give-a-heck-what-you-think-im-going-to-jam" phase of exhaustion comes yet another angry stage. Oh, wait, I knew. Because it happens every single time I get home and have to talk to my parents. Every. Single. Time. Now they want me to email my counselor. I can count the number of hours I have to be up in on one hand. Let me go to bed. Stop pretending to know how to work this site. And I slammed the door once. Don't tell me to stop slamming doors. I wasn't going to go around the whole freaking house slamming every door. It's the bathroom. There are no more doors to slam. I'm not going to repeatedly slam the door and open it again. But now I want to do these things.

@Shuri-the-Floof-Doggo

big hugs it’ll be okay… I’m here for you <3

wraps you up in a blanket burrito and gives you tea and scones
We're here for you darling. <3

@The-N-U-T-Cracker

I don’t know if this really counts as a vent but my gosh I don’t think I’ve cursed so much in one day than I did yesterday while screaming at myself in notepad

Deleted user

I have to go to a party tonight and I don't want to
Lots of people
People I don't really know or like

@Pickles group

Ugh the girl next to me is complaining to her GRANDMA that she should have gotten the solo because she can play one measure that the soloist is having trouble with, like chill you're a sophomore and she's a senior. No shit she got it. She's better than you. Shut up. Your grandma doesn't care. There's going to be a solo your senior year try again then. Shut up. Again.

Deleted user

Jeez that's always a pain for me too.
Do you have a place to escape to?

No

This topic has been locked by a moderator.