forum The Roodeness Shenanigans
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 110 followers

@Althalosian-is-the-father book

If he's allowed to do any mandate he wants, and reach over the heads of congress to put in these mandates without a vote and without consensus, who's to say the next president can't? Who's to say that the next Republican president can't decide "I'm going to mandate that LGBTQ people can no longer __" fill in the blank with whatever you like. Yes, this is a "state of emergency" still, but it's a slippery slope. The more he does without the approval and consent of congress, the easier it becomes for a future president to say "Well Biden set the precedent so I can do it too" and then guess what? Congress becomes useless (more so than it already is lmao) and the presidency turns into a dictatorship, and no one will be able to stop it

Ice is correct. That ammount of power is really dangerous in the hands of the best people. And our last 45 presidents were not the best of people.

@Pickles group

If he's allowed to do any mandate he wants, and reach over the heads of congress to put in these mandates without a vote and without consensus, who's to say the next president can't? Who's to say that the next Republican president can't decide "I'm going to mandate that LGBTQ people can no longer __" fill in the blank with whatever you like. Yes, this is a "state of emergency" still, but it's a slippery slope. The more he does without the approval and consent of congress, the easier it becomes for a future president to say "Well Biden set the precedent so I can do it too" and then guess what? Congress becomes useless (more so than it already is lmao) and the presidency turns into a dictatorship, and no one will be able to stop it

Ice is correct. That ammount of power is really dangerous in the hands of the best people. And our last 45 presidents were not the best of people.

Head pat kk
the human race is dying and I'm past giving a shit about the future or trying to explain that you can't declare a state of emergency over the homosexuals. Vaccines have been mandated before. States of emergencies have been declared before
Goodbye.

Deleted user

yeah, what pickles said. it is dangerous to have so much power unchecked, but homosexuals existing and being forced to get a vaccine that could save lives are totally different

@Pickles group

Maybe I hadn't met my roommate's bf? There's a new guy who drove three hours to see her yesterday and is I guess staying for the weekend and now they're on her bed Not Cuddling because it's Hot Out
I'm very confused
But maybe hang out in a place that's NOT my room?

@Pickles group

I've just been in the common room. Which doesn't have a fan and is a lot hotter. Thanks roomie
I have to get my charger and water though and if I walk in on them having sex I will be living outside for the rest of the year