forum The LGBTQ+ Community Chat :)
Started by @Tylerrr-M-P
tune

people_alt 232 followers

@Becfromthedead group

Man, I really just want a better-defined new adult genre. I'm too old to happily read about teenage characters but I still love fantasy and magic and stuff that's more commonplace in YA.

@Pickles group

I didn't get a whole lot of research done because I decided I wanted to take notes and I went through Australia's history thinking I'd have more time than I did. I just got to the cases in the us and they're wild. But I need to find something that's not Wikipedia

Deleted user

Gay/Trans panic defense basically says you can do a murder or other sort of assault on the scary scary faggots if they scare you too much and you can get away with it. It’s shit and like. Please no. This is not the world we want.

Deleted user

Like I’m just so done with it all it’s only going to kill innocent people and let bigots roam freely.

@HighPockets group

Man, I really just want a better-defined new adult genre. I'm too old to happily read about teenage characters but I still love fantasy and magic and stuff that's more commonplace in YA.

I can totally find some titles and stuff for queer adult fantasy books if you want!

@HighPockets group

Gideon the Ninth by Tamsyn Muir
The Priory of the Orange Tree by Samantha Shannon
The Starless Sea by Erin Morgenstern
Those three are the first to come to mind, but I'm sure there's more!

@Moxie group

Sophia Elaine Hanson
She's an author I found on tik tok that's published books exactly like that
She describes them as books with "all the beloved tropes of YA fantasy . . . with characters in their early to mid-twenties who have sex and use the f word."
I really wanna read her books

@Pickles group

Uh, what's "the gay panic defense" and why is everyone mad about it?

It doesn't actually acquit you, just lowers your sentence and helps in defenses like temporary insanity and self-defense and gets you like second degree murder or manslaughter in first degree murder if someone of the same sex sexually assaults you. Problems being it's inherently homophobic, it allows for anyone to just kill a gay person on the street, planned, and claim it was accidental because they were sexually assaulted, and also any non-malicious intents behind it (which don't exist btw, you don't kill people as a reaction to them hitting on you because yes people use it for that too) would just fall under "I was sexually assaulted and was defending myself". That's all you need to say, it shouldn't matter what gender they are.
Trans panic defense being essentially the same thing for if you didn't know your partner was trans until they strip before you get your yiff on.

@Pickles group

Are people just wrong about "what turns girls on" or am I just so ace that I can't fathom heavy breathing being a turn on??
Every day straight tik tok lowers my attraction to men.

@south-is-a-tad-bit-outraged

Are people just wrong about "what turns girls on" or am I just so ace that I can't fathom heavy breathing being a turn on??

do you happen to watch sam collins by any chance

@Becfromthedead group

On its own, no way. Most "turn ons" have to come at the "appropriate time," if you get what I mean. I see someone panting, I think nothing of it, but during sexy times? I mean, yeah. Sure. It can be.
I mean, I'm also demi, so I ride that fun line between ace and allo. Could actually turn on allo girls for all I know lmao. But for me, that sort of thing doesn't turn me on, even with the person I'm attracted to, unless it's sexy times.

@Pickles group

do you happen to watch sam collins by any chance

Exactly what I'm watching right now lmao

@Moxie group

Why are you on straight tik tok that shits gross

@Pickles group

Why are you on straight tik tok that shits gross

I watch people react to it