forum The LGBTQ+ Community Chat :) Part 2!
Started by @Moxie group
tune

people_alt 175 followers

Deleted user

what the hell is poly?

being interested in/having multiple partners(100% consensually from all parties) i'm pretty sure

@Katastrophic group

The way I don't experience super common forms of gender dysphoria but instead have "you text like a woman" is very very annoying. also I'm having to deal with voice dysphoria rn and it is the worst :/

Big same. I do the vocal/larynx exercises as often as I remember, but so far all I'm getting is the same high pitched voice and a sore throat.

I used this for my voice acting practice, after a week of practice i can now hit the same low notes as brendan urie very easily (singing p!atd in a 'male' voice counts as practice 100% and is easier than talking at first, cause singing can make your voice go down more naturally before transitioning to talking). The way you deepen your voice shouldn't be hurting your throat or it can cause serious damage.

@Max_Miracle_DroppedMostOfTheirRPs

The way I don't experience super common forms of gender dysphoria but instead have "you text like a woman" is very very annoying. also I'm having to deal with voice dysphoria rn and it is the worst :/

Big same. I do the vocal/larynx exercises as often as I remember, but so far all I'm getting is the same high pitched voice and a sore throat.

I used this for my voice acting practice, after a week of practice i can now hit the same low notes as brendan urie very easily (singing p!atd in a 'male' voice counts as practice 100% and is easier than talking at first, cause singing can make your voice go down more naturally before transitioning to talking). The way you deepen your voice shouldn't be hurting your throat or it can cause serious damage.

Ahhhhhhh thank you so much <3

@Becfromthedead group

:3 My university's LGBT club was tabling today and I got a little rainbow flag and cute sticker for my laptop
It's been a rough week but honestly that brightened my day a bit.

@Becfromthedead group

Yeah, when I move back in over the summer, it's going in a box 😔
But for now it's out for all to see
Although… I can't believe my parents look at all the stickers on my laptop, me dying my hair, my desire for more piercings, my wardrobe, and are like "yes, my heterosexual daughter"

@Becfromthedead group

How can I come out to my grandparents i live with them and im not out the house for 5 years

That depends. Do you know how they feel about the LGBTQ community?

@Becfromthedead group

It might be best to wait a little bit at least before coming out. You don't have to come out to them until you're really ready and have the support you need.
There's a lot of pressure on coming out in the community, but sometimes it is best to wait until you're in a good position to do so.
Now, if they're kind of homophobic but you think they would still treat you with kindness and respect, and maybe would even change their minds eventually, it would definitely be worth considering.
Otherwise, you definitely need more time to think about how to handle this.

@wren-has-mommy-issues group

i agree a hundred percent. make sure you'll be safe before doing something you can't take back. there's no need to rush it, especially if it might put you in a dangerous situation.

@Becfromthedead group

Yeah, like I'm 21 and my family still has no idea. (Though I'm out at college, very openly bi and openly gender questioning to a select few)
That said, I didn't really start realizing I was bi until about 17
But! Point is, coming out isn't a requirement. Especially if you don't feel like the situation is good for it. Once you're out of the closet, you can't go back in.

@tungsten fastfood

Once you're out of the closet, you can't go back in.

Big this because I came out last year as bi to my parents but recently I had to tell them my orientation changed and my mom's been giving me a lot of shit for it

Be careful and pick the right time to come out

@Becfromthedead group

God I feel so gender today
Wearing my goth dad Hawaiian shirt, my favorite shorts, and the fiercest goddamn eyeliner along with my phoenix pallete eyeshadow (it's all fire/smoke colors and one of my faves). And the chipped black nail polish sells it tbh