forum Share things nobody asked you to share
Started by @Knight-Shives group
tune

people_alt 206 followers

@ElderGodSeeba petsbing bing 🐸

I have been putting myself out there, on here at least. Real people scare and intimidate me but on here it's a bunch of level headed people and I wanna know everyone and talk to as many people as possible but it's difficult when you're just a scared little girl, ya know?

Even though I'm one of the more personable people, I do kind of understand since I'm also an ambivert. Social interactions, especially in-person ones, can be terrifyingly uncomfortable.

something about them just really puts me off, like they know every little thing about me and that they're better than me and it's pushed me into this corner where the only situation I can be outgoing is in hospital settings, and even then, there's people there who knows more than me. Im in this support group for people with chronic illnesses and every ones so nice, but they're all so big its intimidating

I'm with ya on that. The feeling that a stranger can somehow know all of your flaws. And they might be super nice, but my brain just goes "sooner or later they'll find out how messed-up you are". At that point, the only thing left to do are to tell my brain to shut up (literally and audibly, it works for me), make some tea, and watch a good movie or show (usually something wholesome or nostalgic). But honestly? Telling someone you trust about some of your flaws can be seriously comforting. I know it sounds TERRIFYING but when I talked to my girlfriend about them, most of my flaws either didn't matter to her, weren't as bad as I thought they were, or they were issues she could relate to. Idk if this works for everyone, but I'd like to think it would help. <3

I don't really have anyone to talk to about my flaws. Something about looking my friend in the eyes telling them I need help is so uncomfortable like were too "friendly".

@LiteralCyborg group

I have been putting myself out there, on here at least. Real people scare and intimidate me but on here it's a bunch of level headed people and I wanna know everyone and talk to as many people as possible but it's difficult when you're just a scared little girl, ya know?

Even though I'm one of the more personable people, I do kind of understand since I'm also an ambivert. Social interactions, especially in-person ones, can be terrifyingly uncomfortable.

something about them just really puts me off, like they know every little thing about me and that they're better than me and it's pushed me into this corner where the only situation I can be outgoing is in hospital settings, and even then, there's people there who knows more than me. Im in this support group for people with chronic illnesses and every ones so nice, but they're all so big its intimidating

I'm with ya on that. The feeling that a stranger can somehow know all of your flaws. And they might be super nice, but my brain just goes "sooner or later they'll find out how messed-up you are". At that point, the only thing left to do are to tell my brain to shut up (literally and audibly, it works for me), make some tea, and watch a good movie or show (usually something wholesome or nostalgic). But honestly? Telling someone you trust about some of your flaws can be seriously comforting. I know it sounds TERRIFYING but when I talked to my girlfriend about them, most of my flaws either didn't matter to her, weren't as bad as I thought they were, or they were issues she could relate to. Idk if this works for everyone, but I'd like to think it would help. <3

I don't really have anyone to talk to about my flaws. Something about looking my friend in the eyes telling them I need help is so uncomfortable like were too "friendly".

I get that too. I guess the best thing I can recommend in that case would be tea and good show/movie. Maybe take some time to recoup by yourself, and then look at the problem again when you feel a bit better! (Feel free not to listen to any of this, as you can see on one of the last few pages I am very small and I don't always know what I'm talking about, though I do want to help!)

I get that too. I guess the best thing I can recommend in that case would be tea and good show/movie. Maybe take some time to recoup by yourself, and then look at the problem again when you feel a bit better! (Feel free not to listen to any of this, as you can see on one of the last few pages I am very small and I don't always know what I'm talking about, though I do want to help!)

I would like to drink tea, but my aunt made hot chocolate with water once and now I cant drink hot drinks :(

@LiteralCyborg group

I would like to drink tea, but my aunt made hot chocolate with water once and now I cant drink hot drinks :(

Wh- hot chocolate with W A T E R???? WHY ON EARTH-

@SupernaturalSyGuyIsTIred group

It has finally happened to me, I have been cat-called! Person said I have a nice butt. Well, thank you random person, I am aware that my posterior is nice! Sometimes you just have to take it as a compliment and move on with your day!

@redwood eco

I guess that's your prerogative, but some people have a hard time taking it as a compliment when it happens to them very often and when it's more harass-y.

I know…. It doesn't happen often to me, so I'm not really bothered by it. However, I do acknowledge that for others it is harder to think of it as a compliment more than harassment. It's still a disrespectful thing to do anyway you look at it.

@redwood eco

If you say it's a disrespectful thing to do, no matter how it's looked at… why say

Sometimes you just have to take it as a compliment and move on with your day!

?

I know that you weren't attacking me. I said that because sometimes the cat-caller does just mean it as a compliment…. I'm not proud of it, but I once did it to a friend (stupidly meaning it as a joke) and they wound up crying because of it; told them I
meant it as a compliment, and they helped me see that it wasn't funny. Haven't done it since!

Let's step away from this topic and go to a different one now. I know that it's making others uncomfortable.

@ElderGod-Winter-The-Renegade-Legionnaire book

Bruh I got heavily hit on today by a man in his 30s who then had his dad pay for his stuff and later on I had a lady come in asking how much medicine she needed to give to a dog and she was so freaking high that I explained it to her and wrote it down and then she started hardcore sobbing to me about she hit a turtle and was going to go to hell because she hit a turtle. And then I said well and then she starts going on about how she's a turtle person and her sobs became sobbing pleas to save the turtles and I was shaking in fear and agony at this point. (Because a lady who is high off her rocker sobbing about turtles on a bag of dog food reaxhes a new level of panic) I was like your total is $53.47 cash or debit and she stopped crying immediately and handed me cash and went on her way.

@NotSoBeautifulDiseaster group

The closest thing I got to being catcalled was when I wear a bra that showed through my white shirt, a guy pointed it out and his friends teased him, before he called me hurt, which is a "nice" word for ugly

Welp, I think I'm about to tell someone school makes me want to kill myself. Idk what's going to happen from here, but I'll see y'all soon ig