forum Personal Venting Chat, New and Improved! (Without Jerks)
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 126 followers

Deleted user

i have to go to work soon but i know i physically and mentally can’t get through the shift..

@StarryWolfy flash_onCrazy Procrastinator

Small vent.
I really really fucking hate how my mom can destroy my good mood. I hate it. Do or say one thing wrong and it's guilt trip city. If I say something along the lines of, "can someone else do the dishes please?" I get guilt tripped on how I should do it myself cause moms the only one who ever does. And I'm like, no. Youre not. Yes I admit you do it a lot. But you are not the only one who does it. I do it. The other humans in this house do it. The only reason the sink is constantly overflowing is cause no one does the big dishes and we use a lot of dishes per meal.
This is just one example. There are a million others where I bring up a topic trying to get out of work, get shot down and then back off to try and save the mood or my butt\dignity, and then my !om ends with the all to common phrase that goes something along the lines of, "If you're going to complain about it I may as well do it myself anyway." Sometimes coupled with something along the lines of "It's not like I already have a million other things to do all day, like, y'know, working so I can pay to feed \ house \ clothe you and your siblings."
(Please note that that is a bit exaggerated but also what I consider accurate compared to what is actually said.)
I'm mean… Yes mom I know you're always working to provide single handedly for the 6 of us.
All I'm really asking is for you to take a break once in awhile and do 2 things.
1 be our mom again. You tell at me for acting like the parent and that is only cause you spend so much time working leaving me in charge that it feels like I'm in charge always and you're just the backup.
2 maybe notice how much your little comments actually hurt and how much time I spend alone so my sisters can spend time with you. Or so I can do my own shit rather than playing with them.
Yes I have time to do my shit almost constantyt, but it's time killing shit cause I don't know when you'll ask me to do stuff that only mom or me can do, (like watch the baby outside or cook complex meals) or stuff that you're too busy to do.
Wanna know why I complain? Maybe look up from your fricking computer and phone once and awhile and pay attention to your oldest CHILD. Because this kid is not an adult yet. I may not need you like the others do but I still need you.

Deleted user

I absolutely hate the smell of brats cooking

How dare
Maybe they hate you too, huh

I'm vegetarian
and also they just smell so bad

@Fraust

I hate brats
Both the sausage and children
But I also thought you were taking about children and was confused

@HighPockets group

At first I read this as spoiled children being cooked.

That's what'll happen a few months into quarantine.

@SpookyScarySnoteleks group

Alrighty so buckle in because
To be read in a Thomas Sanders voice:
It's storytime!

We got one of those lil trivia things, you know the little cards on a thing and they flip around(I'm bad at describing things lemme find a picture)Brain Quest 1st Grade - Jouets LOL Toys
these guys
And chaos ensued at the dinner table.
We have the one pictured above, for ages 6-7 and oh boy, things got wild fast. Here's an exchange between my mom and I:
My mom, reading a question: 'Add a letter to 'ow' to make the name of a bird.'
Me, after a few seconds of consideration because it's my turn with the collective family brain cell: L.
My mom: visible confusion That's… not a bird.
Me: Owl.

I have more stories but this was my favorite one lol

@Pickles group

👀

@SpookyScarySnoteleks group

👀

Well, now I have fun… activities to do with my brother tomorrow!
not my sister though because she's adorable

@HighPockets group

👀

han solo shrug GIF by Star Wars

Deleted user

👀

han solo shrug GIF by Star Wars

stop giving away my secret recipes.