forum Paste the Last Thing that You Copied
Started by @CW-BornConfuzzledLeftILoveYa
tune

people_alt 220 followers

@saor_illust school

Haha the last thing I pasted is this: (Hai! I don't know if an apple counts as an inanimate object. If not, please let me know immediately, thanks!) INFANTRY - As a wee little baby I have such a happy little life, though filled with grief and sadness. However, lucky me I am too young to fully comprehend feelings other than hunger and uncomfortableness. Mommy and Daddy were taken away from me by evil humans. As I look around at all my siblings, I can see some of them that steal a part of my heart away from me, they have been infected with bugs. Though the humans may be evil, deep in my heart I know one day I will grow up and be taken away as well. The sad thing is that no one I know has ever survived long enough to fall of the tree. What are we? We are apples, living our terrible life.
CHILDHOOD - As I grow up, I become a little bigger, and a little less green, I soak up the sun and water and nutrients given to me by the mother plant happily. I lead such a carefree life, chattering away with my nearby siblings. "So what is the latest gossip?" I ask one. "Oh, Lily fell off the tree, have you heard? She wasn't alive then though. The bugs got her." they reply.
TEENAGE YEARS - I become sullen and stubborn and depressed as I grow older. I am yet still a little bigger, and less green now. Now that I am more aware of the world around me, I start to bug the elders more, as I start to fully comprehend the reality of the inevitable fate that the world has put me in. Watching the humans pass by us under the bright sun, and every now and then plucking one of our elder apples, I grow angry. Sometimes I wish I could hurt them.
YOUNG ADULTHOOD - Now that I am almost ripe, I have come to terms with my inevitable fate, and found ways of coping. I am still not quite out of my depression yet, but I am getting there. However, the wounds of the past have come back to haunt me. They will never heal, but they will stay at the surface, as a scar. I am scarred forever. Watching every single human come past, I am so scared that I will get picked. I don't want to be picked! I don't want to die! My worst fear is that the bugs will infect me, and I will eventually fall of the tree, dead.
ADULTHOOD - I am fully ripe now. I don't know how I managed to survive this long, the humans have kids now. They are so ignorant! Those kids pluck the young ones and expect them to be delicious. But any second now, one of the humans might come along and pick me. I am scared, no terrified. I am terrified of death, of the humans. As I wait, my fear morphs into rage. What gives the humans the right to come along and pluck any one of us of the tree? We're living beings, just as they are!
PLUCKING - The humans have come along to pluck me. I am roughly yanked away from the tree, and I can feel the rage and grief the humans have caused my relatives, and I can feel the life fading away from me as I suffer my… death…

@saor_illust school

i have several people trapped inside of my basement and i am hiding due to my warrant for arrest because i robbed someone at gunpoint

wat seriously?

@Mojack group

i have several people trapped inside of my basement and i am hiding due to my warrant for arrest because i robbed someone at gunpoint

wat seriously?

No, I have no idea why that was on there in the first place

Deleted user

@ElderGodSwimwithGamers group

One of the most important races in America, dubbed “The Greatest Spectacle In Racing” by Alice Green in 1955, the Indianapolis 500 has become closely associated with the state of Indiana itself (Indy). As one of the first racetracks in the United States, the Indianapolis Motor Speedway opened in 1909 to convince people to buy a moderately new invention; the automobile. Since then, the one hundred and ten year old track has evolved with the times, going from a grueling seven-hour race with overly complicated and under-functioning timekeeping mechanisms with racers reaching speeds of up to eighty miles an hour to a race that had drivers reaching speeds of over two hundred miles an hour, with to-the-second updates on positions and laps, all of which happens over the course of only three to five hours. It has survived two World Wars and the Great Depression and continues to be a symbol of Indiana to the rest of the United States and the world.
The first races on the track were hard to follow and even harder to understand. The track was paved with tar and asphalt, which also led to many accidents and casualties in the first few years of the track’s history. This nearly broke the racing industry. As said in the New York Times; “(These races) are an amusement congenial only to savages and should be stopped. There is abundant legal warrant for doing so.” (Keefer) However, the builder of the course, Carl Fisher, did not close the racetrack. Instead, he repaved the entire raceway with bricks and dreamed of a grueling grind of a race that would last most of the day. And so, the Indy 500 was born.
With the first Indy 500 being in 1911, the Indianapolis 500 started roughly. With 40 drivers participating, most with onboard mechanics to pump oil and watch for other drivers (Ray Harroun drove the only one-seater car in the race), the multiple different news reports and retellings of the race had several various details upon which none could completely agree upon what had exactly happened. (Leershen). Who pulled to the front and when they did so, if the events actually even happened, and where they happened on the track were all details that not many accounts could agree with at given times in the race. One accident that reportedly happened is not an official accident; while several sources said that Teddy Tetzlaff and Louis Disbrow crashed, fracturing the pelvis of the mechanic riding with Tetzlaff. The official report says that both cars were out of the race long before any of the reported times of the incident.
As the years passed, the race would go on to face more challenges. One of the more major events to happen to the race was World War II. For four years in a row, the race wasn’t run. The track was scheduled to be demolished, and the land to be developed into a plaza (Keefer). However, in 1945, Anton Hulman Jr. bought the doomed raceway and revived the Indianapolis 500. The race boomed in popularity, and many things that have come tradition for the Indy 500 was introduced. From the first call of “Gentleman, start your engines” to James Melton singing “(Back Home Again in) Indiana” for the first time in 1946, the Indy 500 was entering its golden age (Keefer). Cars were being constantly improved for faster, safer racing, and the number and span of fans soared. It reached its peak in the ’80s, and it has been a mainstay in the racing community ever since.
The Indianapolis 500 has led to many advancements and changes to technology, and the race itself helped to shape racing as a whole. Many of the common things you find on both racetracks and the common automobile came from developments originally from the Indy 500. Several of the most commonly known is the seatbelt and the rear-view mirror. A decade before seat belts were mandatory in all US road cars, Ray Crawford walked away from a head-on collision without injury due to the fact he was wearing a seatbelt. Even before that, in 1922, a would-be racer put a seatbelt into their car (they later opted out to drive the pace car due to safety concerns on his part) (Saunders). The winner of the first Indy 500, Ray Harroun, used the first rear-view mirror. This also meant that he wouldn’t have to drive with another person in the car to spot for him. By the end of the 1910s, the rear-view mirror was in most cars (Saunders).

Works Cited
"Indy 500 Traditions and FAQs." IndianapolisMotorSpeedway, IMS, 2019, www.indianapolismotorspeedway.com/events/indy500/history/indy-500-traditions-faqs/faqs. Accessed 16 July 2019.
Keefer, Zak. "How the Indianapolis 500 Became More than a Race." IndyStar, 30 Apr. 2016, www.indystar.com/story/sports/motor/2016/04/30/how-indianapolis-500-became-more-than-race/83247608/. Accessed 16 July 2019.
Leerhsen, Charles. "One Hundred Years of the Indy 500." Smithsonian, June 2011, www.smithsonianmag.com/history/one-hundred-years-of-the-indy-500-158836397/. Accessed 16 July 2019.
Saunders, Nate. "How the Indy 500 Has Changed Motor Racing and the Car Industry." ESPN, 23 May 2017, www.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/19438055/how-indy-500-changed-motor-racing-car-industry. Accessed 17 July 2019.