forum ✨dRaMaTiC✨ Insults, Power of the Chancla, Large Fonts, Duolingo Threats, Chicky Babies, and Cheesecake: The Saga of the Chicken (This chat is discontinued, move onto part 2 of this please.)
Started by @IamNOTachickenok
tune

people_alt 106 followers

Deleted user

Be honest do we really know other languages or are we google translating
Like I'm not saying I'm doubting anyone but LATIN and JAPANESE are like crazy insane wacky on their own and then together AND English is like wow have you been learning for a decade because I don't even remember how to introduce myself in spanish

i know spanish and english, and a little bit of french, german and italian

See? Plus for writing, you pick up on a lot more for a modern fantasy setting.

@im-with-stoopid pets

Like I'm not saying I'm doubting anyone but LATIN and JAPANESE are like crazy insane wacky on their own and then together AND English is like wow have you been learning for a decade because I don't even remember how to introduce myself in spanish

I started learning Latin at 11 - I'm currently older than that by way more than a decade - and I was in Japan for a while. So yes, I know all three.

That's insane
Would you say you're like fluent comfy speaking to a native in either?
(Well I guess not Latin but like yknow)

@im-with-stoopid pets

Everyone I know is like at most bilingual and only comfy with writing and not talking so sorry if it seems like I just saw someone get revived from the dead haha

Deleted user

I started learning Latin at 11 - I'm currently older than that by way more than a decade - and I was in Japan for a while. So yes, I know all three.

That's insane
Would you say you're like fluent comfy speaking to a native in either?
(Well I guess not Latin but like yknow)

I shrug I can talk about the weather and order food. I can also ask if you can show me I.D., if you're carrying any weapons, what your license plat number is, and various other security type things.

Deleted user

I am nowhere near bilingual, despite having taken 2 years worth of Latin classes :,)

Deleted user

I am nowhere near bilingual, despite having taken 2 years worth of Latin classes :,)

It took me a while. And I was just looking shit up. I figured out what I couldn't find using logic.

Deleted user

It took me a while. And I was just looking shit up. I figured out what I couldn't find using logic.

My old school taught it and I remember nearly none of it, I can barely even conjugate a verb now

@im-with-stoopid pets

Was Latin the language that didn't have any exceptions? or am I reminiscing the wrong way?
Thinking about how much of a mess english and to some itty bitty extent Spanish (WHY IS IT EL AGUA AND LA MANO)

Deleted user

Was Latin the language that didn't have any exceptions? or am I reminiscing the wrong way?
Thinking about how much of a mess english and to some itty bitty extent Spanish (WHY IS IT EL AGUA AND LA MANO)

I shrug I didn't really learn the rules, so much as just. . . learn?

@im-with-stoopid pets

Learning about clothes in Spanish rn and MAN it's not hard she just gives us like a million vocab words and then we need to study like at most 20 of them

Deleted user

Learning about clothes in Spanish rn and MAN it's not hard she just gives us like a million vocab words and then we need to study like at most 20 of them

Ah- I never took a language class, so I don't know the struggle.

@im-with-stoopid pets

Ah- I never took a language class, so I don't know the struggle.

Yeah, but she's really nice, if someones struggling on say a test she'll come up and give them a couple hundred hints
I don't think shes supposed to do that as a teacher but yknow

Deleted user

I'm heeeeere and I have pictures of my meow machines I will be posting momentarily

Deleted user

Boredddd- faceplants with my blanket cocoon

I faceplant next to you

Deleted user

I'm heeeeere and I have pictures of my meow machines I will be posting momentarily

YES-

Deleted user

I faceplant next to you

(‘-‘) hi

Deleted user

Should I add mine? I only have one but he's funny

Do it.

Deleted user

I faceplant next to you

(‘-‘) hi

Hello.

Deleted user

I faceplant next to you

(‘-‘) hi

Hello.