forum ✨dRaMaTiC✨ Insults, Power of the Chancla, Eldritch Beings, Old Rivalries, Chicken Chaos, Large Fonts, and Cheesecake: The Saga of the Chicken Part 3: Tokyo Drift (CLOSED)
Started by @Morals-are-for-mortals language
tune

people_alt 111 followers

Deleted user

I mean, any actual paper would technically have plagiarism since you need to use in-text citations, and a work cited page.

but as long as you re-word those ideas in your own words, or mark that it's a direct quote, it's not plagiarism, right?
This teacher is seemingly paranoid… I'd have a hard time believing that ALL of my students would directly copy word for word from their research.

The plagarism check thing labels it as some percent of plagarism, but my teacher doesn't straight fail us for it or anything.

@EldritchHorror-Davadio health_and_safety emoji_events

I mean, any actual paper would technically have plagiarism since you need to use in-text citations, and a work cited page.

but as long as you re-word those ideas in your own words, or mark that it's a direct quote, it's not plagiarism, right?
This teacher is seemingly paranoid… I'd have a hard time believing that ALL of my students would directly copy word for word from their research.

The plagarism check thing labels it as some percent of plagarism, but my teacher doesn't straight fail us for it or anything.

THATS TERRIBLE. Oh my word… seriously? AI grading. We've arrived. this is it. This is the end.

Deleted user

THATS TERRIBLE. Oh my word… seriously? AI grading. We've arrived. this is it. This is the end.

Not ai grading, just a check to make sure that we're not plagiarizing the entire thing. THe teacher personally grades it still.

@the-void-phantasmic language

AI terrifies me, like unless it’s a chatbot made for either fun or to be helpful (example: character.ai or chatGPT) or even something like Artbreeder,, other than that AI stuff feels kinda icky

Deleted user

AI terrifies me, like unless it’s a chatbot made for either fun or to be helpful (example: character.ai or chatGPT) or even something like Artbreeder,, other than that AI stuff feels kinda icky

agreement noises

Especially AI voices. People (especially VAs) are needing to copyright their own fucking voice so they can take legal action if someone uses it. Or AI art that blatantly steals from other artists that ain’t cute

@im-with-stoopid pets

She also mentioned that she took into account "the way we speak nowadays" as if writing in formal English just doesn't exist
Case in point, I used the word "ignorant" correctly and she put a question mark next to it on a comment?

• "Because gerrymandered districts tend to stretch and bend to contain distant cities, representatives that win in these districts may be ignorant to their constituents' issues, and they may not effectively represent their voters." - exact quote from my paper

And for whatever reason, the only issue with that sentence is a the word "ignorant," apparently, as if I don't know what that word means
I'm starting to think she just doubts our vocab, honestly, chatting with the bros and that seems to the general agreement

@im-with-stoopid pets

Lmao imagine not using gen z slang in a formal essay,

"Because gerrymandered districts tend to be wacky af, representatives that win in these districts probably suck at doing their job or something, I dunno."

@EldritchHorror-Davadio health_and_safety emoji_events

She also mentioned that she took into account "the way we speak nowadays" as if writing in formal English just doesn't exist
Case in point, I used the word "ignorant" correctly and she put a question mark next to it on a comment?

• "Because gerrymandered districts tend to stretch and bend to contain distant cities, representatives that win in these districts may be ignorant to their constituents' issues, and they may not effectively represent their voters." - exact quote from my paper

And for whatever reason, the only issue with that sentence is a the word "ignorant," apparently, as if I don't know what that word means
I'm starting to think she just doubts our vocab, honestly, chatting with the bros and that seems to the general agreement

I'm mad about this.

Lmao imagine not using gen z slang in a formal essay,

"Because gerrymandered districts tend to be wacky af, representatives that win in these districts probably suck at doing their job or something, I dunno."

peak prose, right there

10/10 use that instead and see what happens LMAO

Deleted user

eye twitch this chat loves to give notifications when I’ve already read the chat

Yeah that happens sometimes