forum ✨dRaMaTiC✨ Insults, Power of the Chancla, Eldritch Beings, Old Rivalries, Chicken Chaos, Large Fonts, and Cheesecake: The Saga of the Chicken Part 3: Tokyo Drift (CLOSED)
Started by @Morals-are-for-mortals language
tune

people_alt 111 followers

@im-with-stoopid pets

Going to lose my mind- history prof accused me of plagiarism because I "used words she doesn't think I know the meaning of"

¿Qué?
It was just a homework assignment, so nothing big came out of it, but now I have to make myself sound stupid when I write for her

@EldritchHorror-Davadio health_and_safety emoji_events

Going to lose my mind- history prof accused me of plagiarism because I "used words she doesn't think I know the meaning of"

¿Qué?
It was just a homework assignment, so nothing big came out of it, but now I have to make myself sound stupid when I write for her

…….. that's so dumb.
My highschool english teacher regularly marked stuff wrong on my assignments that wasn't wrong at all, and because i was that kid, i would go correct her. she wasn't a fan but I was right.

I'm sorry you're required to be more plebian in your word choices :/

@FRANKtheTritoposaur group

¿Qué?

…….. that's so dumb.
My highschool english teacher regularly marked stuff wrong on my assignments that wasn't wrong at all, and because i was that kid, i would go correct her. she wasn't a fan but I was right.

I'm sorry you're required to be more plebian in your word choices :/

ew I would go overboard w thrasauras.com if one of my teachers did that.

One time my teacher made me go write the alphabet 3 times on the chalkboard cus I wrote really neat on my flashcards (I'm normally a messy writer). She made me go up infront of the whole class. And she had really bad chalk too.

@im-with-stoopid pets

When the graded docs came back, I don't think there was anyone who didn't have, like, a phrase or two highlighted for "plagiarism"

Would've checked that on grammarly or something but I'm not spending money on an honestly good enough grammar checker- like seriously, sure it gives you premium errors, but it tells you where those errors are, just not how to fix them

When the graded docs came back, I don't think there was anyone who didn't have, like, a phrase or two highlighted for "plagiarism"

Would've checked that on grammarly or something but I'm not spending money on an honestly good enough grammar checker- like seriously, sure it gives you premium errors, but it tells you where those errors are, just not how to fix them

… that cant be right. your teacher thought Everyone was plagiarizing??
Bruh some people arent smart enough to even know what to plagiarize from. She really thinks an entire class full of people is just ripping work from other places?

@im-with-stoopid pets

Bruh some people arent smart enough to even know what to plagiarize from. She really thinks an entire class full of people is just ripping work from other places?

Apparently so- she gave us a big long winded speech about how it's not right to plagiarize OR use AI like ChatGPT and such, so if she wasn't on my case about outright plagiarism, then she probably thought I used Ai, and the checkers for those aren't as accurate-

This is going to be one hell of a year, isn't it 🧎

Apparently so- she gave us a big long winded speech about how it's not right to plagiarize OR use AI like ChatGPT and such, so if she wasn't on my case about outright plagiarism, then she probably thought I used Ai, and the checkers for those aren't as accurate-

…… ok to be fair, AI is scary. Was watching a video of AI pewdiepie singing viva la vida and it was so good. The AI voice imitators make me question life.
I can see her being worried about that, I guess.

BUT ALSO.

Deleted user

I mean, any actual paper would technically have plagiarism since you need to use in-text citations, and a work cited page.

@FRANKtheTritoposaur group

…… ok to be fair, AI is scary. Was watching a video of AI pewdiepie singing viva la vida and it was so good. The AI voice imitators make me question life.
I can see her being worried about that, I guess.

BUT ALSO.

An ai can do markipliers voice-

I love the internet

I mean, any actual paper would technically have plagiarism since you need to use in-text citations, and a work cited page.

but as long as you re-word those ideas in your own words, or mark that it's a direct quote, it's not plagiarism, right?
This teacher is seemingly paranoid… I'd have a hard time believing that ALL of my students would directly copy word for word from their research.