forum ✨dRaMaTiC✨ Insults, Power of the Chancla, Eldritch Beings, Old Rivalries, Chicken Chaos, Large Fonts, and Cheesecake: The Saga of the Chicken Part 3: Tokyo Drift (CLOSED)
Started by @Morals-are-for-mortals language
tune

people_alt 111 followers

Deleted user

hey am having identity crisis :D

pats

my name is too name

Hm. I think we had this exact same issue the other day.

@RhysTheFirebird group

It’s because a lot of places now heave this no kid left behind thing.
I mean, about 40 years ago, they weren’t so hard pressed to make sure the kid is successful. When my dad went to school, he never payed attention and no one tried to force him to. . .
Things are different.

Though, you should graduate high school no matter what, without a high school diploma or a GED, it makes it super hard to get a stable job.

Thins are indeed different.
No Child Left Behind, in particular, plays a huge role in this. It's now been revised to the Every Student Succeeds Act, and it has to do with how schools get federal funding. If that teacher just leaves you alone, you become part of a statistic that can lose a ton of money for that school or district. Teachers are under pressure from all sides to try and get you to succeed, even if it's clear you want nothing to do with them.

In other words, don't take it personally. Unless that teacher is just the worst kind of person, them taking all those steps has next to nothing to do with you personally. They're not out to get you.
Just out to keep their funding, or their job.

in fewer words, Youre not the problem, Eli. Rant away.

Yeah and it sucks for people like me who join the advanced classes for. . . To THE ADVANCED WORK? Yet, I noticed they let anyone in those classes as long as you have good grades, which brings down the people, again, like me, who get distracted easily, but if you explain it to them in 15 minuets they get it. And who actually have the capacity to learn the really hard stuff. And they wonder why I barely scraped by in my high school years. The advanced classes weren’t advanced anymore. It was just slightly different content.

Deleted user

pats

my name is too name

pat pat there there my child who i almost married

@EldritchHorror-Davadio health_and_safety emoji_events

Yeah and it sucks for people like me who join the advanced classes for. . . To THE ADVANCED WORK? Yet, I noticed they let anyone in those classes as long as you have good grades, which brings down the people, again, like me, who get distracted easily, but if you explain it to them in 15 minuets they get it. And who actually have the capacity to learn the really hard stuff. And they wonder why I barely scraped by in my high school years. The advanced classes weren’t advanced anymore. It was just slightly different content.

Oh yeah. Since NCLB got revised to ESSA, standards have intentionally been lowered to make it easier for schools to keep funding. they still have quotas to meet, of course, but that's why your AP classes didn't feel all that AP

Deleted user

wait… davadio… since you're our grampa, how does that fit into the family tree? are you the father of either gemma or vis? cause they're the parents of most of us

@RhysTheFirebird group

Oh yeah. Since NCLB got revised to ESSA, standards have intentionally been lowered to make it easier for schools to keep funding. they still have quotas to meet, of course, but that's why your AP classes didn't feel all that AP

And it pissed me off. Because, I’m sorry But I”m taking these class because I know I can meet that standards of an advanced class.
And then they give me this deer in head lights when I’m failing and they don’t listen when I say the work is too easy and if the teacher doesn’t tell me everything in 10-15 minuets, I’m lost and I stop paying attention.

Deleted user

pats

my name is too name

pat pat there there my child who i almost married

am sad now

wait… davadio… since you're our grampa, how does that fit into the family tree? are you the father of either gemma or vis? cause they're the parents of most of us

XD This is a great question. I think 'gramps' was just a name cuz I'm old, but. also. I would claim Vis. We had good times and he'd asked me to join the chicken saga (specifically Primus de Pulvere Natus) a long time ago. so. Maybe that?
Or not.

And it pissed me off. Because, I’m sorry But I”m taking these class because I know I can meet that standards of an advanced class.
And then they give me this deer in head lights when I’m failing and they don’t listen when I say the work is too easy and if the teacher doesn’t tell me everything in 10-15 minuets, I’m lost and I stop paying attention.

I mean, you're giving them conflicting narratives. Your work says you're not keeping up, your words say you're beyond them, and your style of learning isn't conducive to modern classroom training.
You're a gifted kid, likely with some ADHD mixed in there from the sounds of it, and school didn't work for you. I feel that.

@RhysTheFirebird group

I mean, you're giving them conflicting narratives. Your work says you're not keeping up, your words say you're beyond them, and your style of learning isn't conducive to modern classroom training.
You're a gifted kid, likely with some ADHD mixed in there from the sounds of it, and school didn't work for you. I feel that.

YuP, ADHD infused, lol.
So, in classes where there’s not much lecturing and it’s more textbook reading, I performed at an amazing rate, always had an A in the class. Such as history. But math, on the other hand, Or English, I didn’t do to well because there was a lot more lecturing. Examples are needed to be given in order to understand the topic, and my grades suffered because, unless you tell me in 10-20 min, I’m lost and couldn’t pay attention.

YuP, ADHD infused, lol.
So, in classes where there’s not much lecturing and it’s more textbook reading, I performed at an amazing rate, always had an A in the class. Such as history. But math, on the other hand, Or English, I didn’t do to well because there was a lot more lecturing. Examples are needed to be given in order to understand the topic, and my grades suffered because, unless you tell me in 10-20 min, I’m lost and couldn’t pay attention.

Oh I hear you. Former gifted kid myself. That's all spot on.

Just pointing out, in your particular case, that even an AP class with high standards likely wouldn't have sated your insatiable need to GO FAST LEARN QUICK NOW LEMME DO IT cuz it never did for me, either. To a certain degree, it's not the teacher's fault.

We're just smart kids with brains on crack is all.

@RhysTheFirebird group

YuP, ADHD infused, lol.

Oh I hear you. Former gifted kid myself. That's all spot on.

Just pointing out, in your particular case, that even an AP class with high standards likely wouldn't have sated your insatiable need to GO FAST LEARN QUICK NOW LEMME DO IT cuz it never did for me, either. To a certain degree, it's not the teacher's fault.

We're just smart kids with brains on crack is all.

Yeah, lol.

That’s true. . .

XDDD brains on crack- ima use that-

@Eli-the-transboi group

Speaking of which- I hate when teachers give you tests and say that they will use it to see what and how they need to teach you, then never adjust anything at all.

TRUE
although sometimes that just means you didn't need extra help cuz youre a smart kiddo :D

No. I’ve deliberately pressed random answers to test it out. I have not had any adjustments to my learning.

@Eli-the-transboi group

Another thing: I’ve realized that I’m that kinda person to question everything. (Probably cause idgaf about life-) but like- I’ll question a teacher or correct an adult and then they just get pissy or don’t answer my question-