forum Don't Be Suspicious
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 113 followers

Deleted user

There was also a smaller shooting in my area.
A man went to his parents house and killed them, then to the house of a woman he was attempting to abduct and killed her, along with shooting both parents' arms. He then shot himself.
I hate it when things like that happen in small areas like where I live, because it always affects someone we know. This time, it was my mom's coworker. The woman he killed was going to be the bridesmaid in her wedding, and they spent all weekend together before that.
She hasn't been able to stay at work for a full day yet.

Oh no!
I'm surprised I hadn't heard about that one, what area was it?

I think it's Chippewa, but I'll check
You're in Wisconsin too, right?

Oof, not sure where that is but I've definitely heard of it.
Yeah, but closer to Madison

Oh, fun!
Where you live, I mean–

@Mojack group

And I’m on a politics website, and someone made a poll on the topic of the shootings. Some of the options were make some gun laws, while others were ‘more guns.’

A lot of people voted for more guns.

Deleted user

I dont have a problem with guns (hell I started shooting at 8 years old) I just think that they should be more regulated.

@Mojack group

I’m from Canada so the gun laws are pretty different up here, I just voted for do something along the lines of gun control.

Like guns don’t need to be made completely illegal. But things do need to change.

Deleted user

But we definitely need guns

Do we? Why? They're not essential to our survival.

Deleted user

Think about it. What if the government suddenly attacks us? Like, the 2nd amendment was added for a reason. So we could protect ourselves from people who have more power over us.

Deleted user

I believe that the gun laws should be a bit stricter, but they are essential to our survival.

@Althalosian-is-the-father book

Think about it. What if the government suddenly attacks us? Like, the 2nd amendment was added for a reason. So we could protect ourselves from people who have more power over us.

Exactly. And it is already beginning. Guns are important to defend us against intruders, but even more important to make sure our government becomes a dictatorship. As soon as we lose guns, we lose the power to regulate a government if it turns against us.

@croccin-champagne

So uh, what exactly counts as turning against us? Because they gov. is already manipulating us and shit, so I'm not sure how guns are really all that helpful in that situation.

I don't like guns in general, but it would be better for them to be more regulated, like everyone's saying, than for it to be as easy as it is now to get them.

Deleted user

So uh, what exactly counts as turning against us? Because they gov. is already manipulating us and shit, so I'm not sure how guns are really all that helpful in that situation.

I don't like guns in general, but it would be better for them to be more regulated, like everyone's saying, than for it to be as easy as it is now to get them.

AgreedAgreedAgreedAgreed.

Deleted user

Personally, I don't think anyone needs guns unless it's for military {or, like, police– You know what I mean} purposes– As in, serving.

Deleted user

What gun laws need to still be made? From what I hear from my gun toting pals there are already all the restrictions we need.

A 19 year old was able to legally buy a gun in Nevada, take it back to California to shoot up a garlic festival in the span of a few days.
I think a bit more regulation is needed.

Japan has an interesting policy and one of the few countries with the lowest gun violence. You should check it out.

Shooting us. And yes it has happened. But I can’t find the links right now because I’m terribly busy.

Here’s one from back when, but there was one in 2014 I believe.

@EmptyNebula group

Personally, I don't think anyone needs guns unless it's for military {or, like, police– You know what I mean} purposes– As in, serving.

Just popping in to say something.
You say that we don't need guns unless it's for a part of the law enforcement and the military but the second you do that, the people can't protect themselves if either of those people goes haywire. For example, that video with the military guy getting mad in the parking lot over a spot. Imagine just allowing him to have a weapon like a gun that could kill or fatally injure someone but if someone else happened to have a weapon to protect themselves, only one person would have gotten hurt. And then you would have to think if that one situation happened on a large scale. All you could do would be running up to that person with some object but in the process of doing that, you could most likely get shot.
Now I'm not saying that we essentially need more guns like other people, but we need at least regulations to one, stopping that from ever happening/giving more power to those people by taking away citizens guns, and two making sure that the guns that are sold now are put in that hands of people that can actually handle that responsibility.

Deleted user

But if we didn't have guns, the guy wouldn't either. They're completely unnecessary and only cause problems when used by "civilians" {again, you know what I mean.}

@EmptyNebula group

Yea, but the guy in the video was a part of the military though. And we need guns not just for self-defense but for hunting, target shooting, or a sense of security.

But if we didn't have guns, the guy wouldn't either. They're completely unnecessary and only cause problems when used by "civilians" {again, you know what I mean.}

But police need guns. And criminals would have guns.

Deleted user

It won't be beneficial to just take guns away. Regulation, on the other hand…