Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 113 followers

@HighPockets group

it was still rude to derail

Wouldn’t that make it relevant?
I still don’t know what’s happening

Since she later claimed it was irrelevant, no.

Deleted user

oOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooKAY
It's context time, people

• I'm not jealous; I said "Can't relate" to be funny. Sorry if you didn't see it that way.
  • Yea, it was rude to derail; Check the name of the chat, honey :)
  • I was referring to the "my child" exchange as irrelevant

How about we move on?

@HighPockets group

Anyone ever write scenes where their characters are being rude and just feel secondhand awkwardness the whole time?
It's the writer version of being at a friend's house while they're getting yelled at by their parents and you just have to sit there awkwardly and pretend you aren't hearing it.

Deleted user

• I was referring to the "my child" exchange as irrelevant

Maybe it wasn't relevant to you because it was an exchange between friends, but there was no need to be petty about it simply because you didn't understand the context.

Deleted user

Anyone ever write scenes where their characters are being rude and just feel secondhand awkwardness the whole time?
It's the writer version of being at a friend's house while they're getting yelled at by their parents and you just have to sit there awkwardly and pretend you aren't hearing it.

Finally someone put it into words. I feel this on a deep level.

Deleted user

How about you stop being so passive-aggressive and holier-than-thou?
I may be a bitch, but at least I'm open about it.

That's my personality, not me trying to prove a point.

@HighPockets group

Finally someone put it into words. I feel this on a deep level.

I had to write a scene where a character gets into a fight with his love interest and his best friend and there were some moments where I wanted to just push them all together into a group hug and say "forgive!"

Deleted user

Or when your character has to do something completely stupid and you're sitting there, typing angrily and calling them an idiot.

Deleted user

Or when your character is just such a jerk it hurts to write them.

@HighPockets group

Or when your character has to do something completely stupid and you're sitting there, typing angrily and calling them an idiot.

Me writing anything with like half of my characters

Deleted user

Trying to explain to your dentist that you can't just make autism and the sensory issues that go with it disappear makes you just major s h u t d o w n. Gods I'm tired.

@HighPockets group

Or when your character is just such a jerk it hurts to write them.

Yeah one of my villains is like that, some of his scenes are so uncomfortable to write…

@HighPockets group

Trying to explain to your dentist that you can't just make autism and the sensory issues that go with it disappear makes you just major s h u t d o w n. Gods I'm tired.

Oh mood. Going to the dentist is horrible for me because all those weird, pointy, painful tools? In my mouth?
The worst part is when they scrape your teeth and you can feel and hear that weird noise it makes….blegh.
Not to mention that the last time I went there the lady was waaay too rough and made my gums bleed

Deleted user

Mooood! But mostly the eating lecture and the toothbrushing lecture is what I mean. Mr. Trashraccoon, please respect the fact that I have a huge panic thingy whatchmacallit whenever I have to brush teeth or am faced with icky food and that that does NOT disappear. Sorry to disappoint.

Deleted user

If you have braces they shave down your teeth
It actually sucks lol

Deleted user

And my mom getting mad because I apparently got "lippy" with him by asking if there were any toothpastes that could help with my sensory stuff so I can have healthy teeth without sensory overload. And saying that she won't "cater to everything I want" like, mom, ur a bitch all I wanted was some cold crunchy carrots (0w0) and a pb'n'j instead of the mean spicy curry.

@HighPockets group

If you have braces they shave down your teeth
It actually sucks lol

Oooh that sounds awful!
Luckily I don't need to get braces, but a lot of my friends did and Yikes.

@Mojack group

I’ve never had too much of a problem going to the dentist, only when I was younger. I’ve just had to accept I’m probably going to be at the dentist a lot, due to my dental problems.

I still don’t like when they scrape the teeth, though. And drill into the teeth. The freezing helps, and I’ve learned how to deal with the needles to the point where I just close my eyes and breathe in, but still…

I’m also going to need braces at one point in my life - I have two adult teeth that didn’t show up at all for some reason, so I’ll need implants and then braces. I already have two false teeth from the time I broke two of my teeth. Then there’s surgery I still need to remove tooth shards from my mouth.

I promise I try to take care of my mouth, I just got really, really unlucky.

Deleted user

This is my child Hershey. I love him more than I love myself. Granted, that isn't a lot, but the moral of the story is that this cat, this cat right here? He is my everything. I love him. A. Lot. Hurt him and I will end you.
Oh, and yeah, my living room walls are green– They look a lot better IRL than is this low-quality photo with bad lighting.