forum Debate. Debate. Debate.
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 109 followers

@Becfromthedead group

I'm just going to say it. If you're completely moderate and neutral, you're part of the problem. If you don't take a stand against bigotry, you're being complacent and allowing bigotry to happen.
Trump, based on his openly bigoted ideology alone is dangerous. His very platform as president has made white supremacists, violent homophobes, and other groups much more bold.
And do not tell me I don't know what I'm talking about. I was tricked into believing four years of Trump would be better than four years of Hillary, and that was a lie. I've seen the changes, and I saw them happen at an old enough age to really comprehend what was happening.

@croccin-champagne

can you believe in this day and age we still have to remind people that part of the reason nazis got away with everything they did was because of the people who remained neutral in the face of such a blatant injustice?

@furetakunai ac_unit

I completely agree. Just as American-Romanian write Elie Wiesel said:

"Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Sometimes we must interfere. When human lives are endangered, when human dignity is in jeopardy, national borders and sensitivities become irrelevant."

I believe that too many people see taking sides as a negative thing. Strung in negative contexts, and it deters people, but it's exactly what must happen. Just how when people see neutrality a thing that is fair to all, it's not fair at all. And it's saddening, that there are so many examples of when neutrality didn't work out, but still people go to it as an option.

@someone_who_occasionally_writes_

Yeah, I don't agree that females have "privileges". I mean, I think that they are viewed differently, and in some cases treated less harshly than men, but that is wholly up to the situation. It really depends on who or what is happening.
But lawfully? No, each and every gender is treated the same, if a woman murdered someone, they would receive the death penalty, just as a man.

@croccin-champagne

casual debate topic: should more pizza places sell stuffed crust pizza. also, should they stop selling pastas.

currently i am in favor of both, as a fan of stuffed crust and a hater of the shit they call pasta(never had a good one)

@HighPockets group

More stuffed crust, less pasta. If I want pasta, I'll go to a pasta restaurant.
Also I feel like most of them just use pizza sauce on the pasta and…no. Just no.

@Becfromthedead group

I really like stuffed crust, so yes.
And like, I guess they can keep serving pasta. Some people do dislike pizza. But at more upscale pizza places (as opposed to chains), the pasta tends to be good too. Chain pasta is kinda gross imo though.

@Pickles group

Also I feel like most of them just use pizza sauce on the pasta and…no. Just no.

Where…are you going for this pasta? I mean, yeah I agree that it's weird and gross but I've never seen it before

@HighPockets group

Where…are you going for this pasta? I mean, yeah I agree that it's weird and gross but I've never seen it before

Just based off of the one time I went to the pizza buffet I used to work at after they got pasta and tried it
The sauce had a different consistency and it was Ew

@SpookyScarySnoteleks group

We really did go from this:

I'm just going to say it. If you're completely moderate and neutral, you're part of the problem. If you don't take a stand against bigotry, you're being complacent and allowing bigotry to happen.
Trump, based on his openly bigoted ideology alone is dangerous. His very platform as president has made white supremacists, violent homophobes, and other groups much more bold.
And do not tell me I don't know what I'm talking about. I was tricked into believing four years of Trump would be better than four years of Hillary, and that was a lie. I've seen the changes, and I saw them happen at an old enough age to really comprehend what was happening.

To this:

Pizza is kinda gross and the only reason I tolerate going to pizza places is because of the pasta

on the same page