forum Debate. Debate. Debate.
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 109 followers

@AutoGrim

Opinions on nuclear power. Should it be used or are there better alternatives. Just general opinions.

In addition to that, but also correlation to that, what should be done for climate change?

@AutoGrim

I was speaking of nuclear power as in using it to generate electricity as opposed to the type that blows up cities.

@Althalosian-is-the-father book

Okay now that my mind is here (and my arm isn't numb) I will say that I quite agree and support nuclear power. It's so safe these days and other countries France iirc have done the nice work of trying it first so we don't have to.

@AutoGrim

Nuclear energy is pretty good since it can run without interruption and it’s cleaner as a bonus. One,of the things though is nuclear waste, which takes years to degrade and as far as I know there’s no planned, permanent solution on the horizon. And they are expensive to build, but once they are built they’re very cheap to run. And low carbon emissions, which makes it a really good power source in my opinion. And like you said, modern nuclear power stations are safer and getting better as well. The only thing is that in the event of a failure it can be quite catastrophic. It can cause long term damage and make areas uninhabitable for certain amounts of time like Chernobyl (but there were a lot of things wrong with Chernobyl) or the Three Mile Island.

Overall I would say I’m very pro nuclear power and in addition, green energy. It’s important that we lower our carbon emissions so that we actually have a good world to live in.

@AutoGrim

I wasn’t really speaking about nukes but if we’re going to go to that topic then so be it. Despite being pro nuclear energy, I myself say no to nukes due to the widespread destruction it can cause, and long term affects on the environment and the people. Nuclear power plants can do that too, but at least power plants serve a good cause.

@philosophicalmess

that i do agree with. what i dont agree with however is the potential to become the next hiroshima. or a nuclear winter, or the fact that instead of sorting shit our rationally people are just pointing nukes in every which way direction.

@Relsey

Soup is a drink, change my mind!

Well, I don't like to find chunks of meat in my drinks, it sounds like a choking hazard.
A Drinks primary roll is to hydrate while A soups is to provide necessary nutrition.
A soup contains most of the food groups, Carbs, Proteins, and fat's.
A drink is not considered a whole meal and a soup is.

@Echo_6 group

Well, I don't like to find chunks of meat in my drinks, it sounds like a choking hazard.
A Drinks primary roll is to hydrate while A soups is to provide necessary nutrition.

All valid points, however, a protein shake is a drink and it's purpose is to give nutrients as well. It is seen as a whole meal. And like a drink with ice you don't swallow ice.

@HighPockets group

All valid points, however, a protein shake is a drink and it's purpose is to give nutrients as well. It is seen as a whole meal. And like a drink with ice you don't swallow ice.

Yes, but you're not supposed to eat around the meat and vegetables in the soup the way you're supposed to drink around the ice. A drink can give nutrients, like Gatorade or Pedialite, but those are exceptions to the rule.

@Echo_6 group

Yes, but you're not supposed to eat around the meat and vegetables in the soup the way you're supposed to drink around the ice. A drink can give nutrients, like Gatorade or Pedialite, but those are exceptions to the rule.

If there are exceptions to the rule for drinks than shouldn't there be exceptions to the rule for so called "foods as well?

@HighPockets group

If there are exceptions to the rule for drinks than shouldn't there be exceptions to the rule for so called "foods as well?

If you're gonna try and tell me that Gatorade should be considered a food, you're full of shit.

@Echo_6 group

If you're gonna try and tell me that Gatorade should be considered a food, you're full of shit.

no gatorade shouldn't be considered a food. However a protein shake is considered a meal replacement and therefore is considered a food.