forum Debate. Debate. Debate.
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 109 followers

@Moxie group

It was a terrible day until I left school. Now I’m on my way to the snow and watching the second To All The Boys I Loved Before

What is?

A movie

And a book but I haven’t read it

The third book is the best imo, but they're all cute! If you like YA with a strong family aspect and good family dynamics, it's a fun and quick read.
Are you Team Kavinsky or Team McClaren lol

idk yet. I’ll keep you updated tho

@HighPockets group

It was a terrible day until I left school. Now I’m on my way to the snow and watching the second To All The Boys I Loved Before

What is?

A movie

And a book but I haven’t read it

The third book is the best imo, but they're all cute! If you like YA with a strong family aspect and good family dynamics, it's a fun and quick read.
Are you Team Kavinsky or Team McClaren lol

idk yet. I’ll keep you updated tho

Nice!

Deleted user

Hey, Jyn. Who was your favorite Frankenstein character? I meant to ask earlier but time caught hold of my mind-

Deleted user

Hey, Jyn. Who was your favorite Frankenstein character? I meant to ask earlier but time caught hold of my mind-

Victor Frankenstein.

Ooh. Why Victor?

@HighPockets group

Victor Frankenstein.

Ooh. Why Victor?

That's a very loaded question.

@Althalosian-is-the-father book

Why Baptist?

It's the first type of church that I've attended that hasn't presented something that I disagree with, or something false, I guess. That church has only told me blatant truth, and supported it well.

1st one. Why does that even matter if there is such a thing as objective truth?
2nd. How do you know what is true or not?

Is anything truly objective though?

Well yes. A water is made out of two hydrogens and one oxygen. It is a truth universally acknowledged that killing someone is evil at least unless you have a very good reason to do so. We may all see the color blue differently, but the color is the same measurement on the spectrum.

@HighPockets group

Well yes. A water is made out of two hydrogens and one oxygen. It is a truth universally acknowledged that killing someone is evil at least unless you have a very good reason to do so.

But what defines a good reason, and what defines evil?

Deleted user

It's the first type of church that I've attended that hasn't presented something that I disagree with, or something false, I guess. That church has only told me blatant truth, and supported it well.

hmm. you spark questions up, I guess this really is thought provoking.

1. I don't really believe there's something that's definitively true, I just believe in certain things for whatever reasons I find. Most times I just see both sides of things, and choose to remain opinion-less.
  2. I don't. I just simply choose if I think it might be judging by the facts that I know or find out.

Well yes. A water is made out of two hydrogens and one oxygen. It is a truth universally acknowledged that killing someone is evil at least unless you have a very good reason to do so.

But what defines a good reason, and what defines evil?

Oh I don't have an answer that I will be so arrogant as to say is The Truth. But that is not necessary as these are merely different examples to point to the same thing.

1. I don't really believe there's something that's definitively true, I just believe in certain things for whatever reasons I find. Most times I just see both sides of things, and choose to remain opinion-less.
  2. I don't. I just simply choose if I think it might be judging by the facts that I know or find out.
  1. Well if that's the case how can you follow Jesus? Is Jesus true? I think so. Mostly because of the eloquence and logic of men smarter than I. But you can't have religion without Truth.

2. Well that seems like a logical approach, so long as you always remember that you have the capacity to be terribly wrong.

Deleted user

1. Well if that's the case how can you follow Jesus? Is Jesus true? I think so. Mostly because of the eloquence and logic of men smarter than I. But you can't have religion without Truth.

2. Well that seems like a logical approach, so long as you always remember that you have the capacity to be terribly wrong.

1. That's actually a great question, and you make quite a lot of sense out of it. I think I follow him for things other than truth, or what truth I could find. If I'm right, I might even be following for healing, with out thankfulness. I very recently began working my way into that aspect of character.
  2. I do remember that, and have been proven so before. I'm relieved that I have the experience of failure and some form of success.

@HighPockets group

Everything is true, from a certain point of view.
I think that's what Obi-Wan says, anyways

Obi-Wan also said that Only a Sith uses absolutes so…

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes."
To be fair, he was right in that instance, because Anakin was being obnoxiously absolute with his "if you're not with me, then you're my enemy!" thing.

1. That's actually a great question, and you make quite a lot of sense out of it. I think I follow him for things other than truth, or what truth I could find. If I'm right, I might even be following for healing, with out thankfulness. I very recently began working my way into that aspect of character.

Well I suppose it could be logical to follow a religion for the benefits, but I never could. If I am understanding you correctly (if) then you are not truly a believer. Forgive my frowardness (and forwardness as well).

Deleted user

Well I suppose it could be logical to follow a religion for the benefits, but I never could. If I am understanding you correctly (if) then you are not truly a believer. Forgive my frowardness (and forwardness as well).

Forwardness is alright, don't worry. And frowardness? I don't mind that one bit! It's actually a relief to have someone treating me realistically, and I need a little bit more of it in my life. I might not be, or perhaps I may be a false believer. As for now, the facts seem to lead towards falsehood. It takes me a bit to change my thoughts and ideals, however, so it might be a little before I believe, more truly.