forum Debate. Debate. Debate.
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 109 followers

Deleted user

So translated from Spanish she said along the lines of: "Religion makes Satan stronger than God in it's teachings."

me: floored
gma: It's true, mija.

Explain more.

I'll try. It's kinda hard to translate it cohesively from spanish to english because the woman also speaks in riddles.

Basically what she said is that if God is all knowing and all powerful as is told then nothing, especially one of his creations would be able to tempt humanity into darkness and evil. Even with 'Free Will', we are made in God's image to be perfectly imperfect, our souls are a piece of him and should therefore be unable to be influenced against him.

She also went on about how the church uses Satan (satanas) to put fear into the masses so they are easily controlled by the church.

Mind you, this woman prays a rosary at lest 3 times a day (a couple more if I'm coming over–I'm her 'problem grandchild.) so for her to say this was really insane.

Deleted user

I…I think your grandma might be fae….
Or a deity.
I don't even know her but I love her.

She's a primordial being and completely loves to hate me because she said "you're too full of magic for men to love you."

I WAS 15. WTF GRANDMA.

@HighPockets group

I…I think your grandma might be fae….
Or a deity.
I don't even know her but I love her.

She's a primordial being and completely loves to hate me because she said "you're too full of magic for men to love you."

I WAS 15. WTF GRANDMA.

Not to be overdramatic but I would die for this wonderful force of nature.

Deleted user

I have a picture of her somewhere….. (Lol sorry guys Im bragging about my semi-bruja-religious- gma)

@Althalosian-is-the-father book

So translated from Spanish she said along the lines of: "Religion makes Satan stronger than God in it's teachings."

me: floored
gma: It's true, mija.

Explain more.

I'll try. It's kinda hard to translate it cohesively from spanish to english because the woman also speaks in riddles.

Basically what she said is that if God is all knowing and all powerful as is told then nothing, especially one of his creations would be able to tempt humanity into darkness and evil. Even with 'Free Will', we are made in God's image to be perfectly imperfect, our souls are a piece of him and should therefore be unable to be influenced against him.

She also went on about how the church uses Satan (satanas) to put fear into the masses so they are easily controlled by the church.

Mind you, this woman prays a rosary at lest 3 times a day (a couple more if I'm coming over–I'm her 'problem grandchild.) so for her to say this was really insane.

If that was the case then how is this evil in existence?
Idk about your perfectly imperfect bit. Not Christian doctrine by any means.

Deleted user

Well firstly– she's not christian. :P If you wanna get technical.

I don't know how to answer your question?

@Trix

I want to restate something that has already been clearly established. Eris your grandmother is awesome.

Deleted user

Well firstly– she's not christian. :P If you wanna get technical.

I don't know how to answer your question?

Why does she pray a rosary then?

Catholic

Deleted user

Catholic is Christian. In fact, Catholic is an original part of when the church split. It’s one of the most Christian churches there is.

this one is correct ^^^

Deleted user

i dont even know, i'm just joining the conversation with no context

Deleted user

Trust. There is still a difference. Especially to an old timey Hispanic Catholic who's name literally translates to "Mary of the Rosery Of God"

Deleted user

well i am, baptised into the roamn church and everything, but i dont fully believe in their system

Deleted user

yes, other catholics! i go to a christian school, did you know they dont believe in saints?? so there is no mary mackillop, no xavier or nagle, NONE OF THAT?!