forum Show off Your Art!!!
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 198 followers

@Katastrophic group

Those look awesome!
I finished a new ref sheet for Aurora. I brought back the bangs cause I couldn't get her part to look right, but I gave her some swoops so her eyebrows can still be expressive. I got hung up on her clothes for a long time, cause it was European school uniform versus magic clothes and all that, so I said f it and went full fantasy. I'll keep the colors and general style similar but still change it up for each character.

@4lagoon4 group

These pieces are lovely, @Caustic-Fraust-Is-Beab I especially love the highlights around the cat to make him glow. To me it feels like this could be a desktop screensaver, or background for a music video. @Katastrophe I always admire the how intricate you are with your drawings. They’re always polished and pleasant to look at. ^^

Deleted user

@Katastrophe. I have no words…You're such a good artist!

Remy

@salami & @Katastrophe omg i want ur art all i can do is make doodles :(

s̶a̶l̶a̶m̶i̶s̶ ̶a̶r̶t̶ ̶g̶i̶v̶e̶s̶ ̶m̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶i̶m̶a̶l̶ ̶c̶r̶o̶s̶s̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶v̶i̶b̶e̶s̶

@The-Magician group

I’ve drawn two of the characters from my Houses of Carnage series but I’m not sure whether to show them because they look kinda awful..

@Fraust

Y'all use reference pics? Because I don't and I definitely should because my anatomy is actual shit 😎

@Starfast group

I often do, especially with fullbody drawings or more complicated poses. Anatomy really isn't my strong suite but it's always a lot better when I use a ref.

Deleted user

lmfao I do like, all the time

if I didn’t I’d be more garbage at realism than I am right now

@Fraust

I'm just too lazy lol
Like, I legit have actual cats in my room that I can look at for reference, but I can't even be bothered
I'm just like
Mm
That looks accurate enough to be passable

@Katastrophic group

Thanks guys!
Also, for references, I use both "Design Doll" and Istebrak's "Portraint Studio" to get poses and lighting that I like, then use those as references for my anatomical style. The first is free, but def for anime style and not good for hands. Istebrak's program is really good for form and lighting and realism, but it's paid and there's a bit more to learn for interfacing. An easy warm up is to do a random pose and draw it from different angles. You can pick up anatomy pretty fast by doing that!

@moss

I usually use references for practice and more complicated drawings. Like for studies and practicing anatomy and poses. I don't really use references for drawings that have simple poses and stuff like the ones I posted.