forum Show off Your Art!!!
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 198 followers

Deleted user

Two arts I did, now up on my new art blog! One an art dump, the other my icon.

Deleted user

lmfao do you remember, Kylee, when you were proud of the first one?

cringes I’m not even proud of the second one and it looks ok, I was a dummy head. But you know what, that’s improvement.

Deleted user

Here’s an unfinished attempt at surrealism

I really like the use of different mediums now that I’m sitting back and looking at it (colored pencil on charcoal, and I want to add ink for the neck), and I really think it helps draw the eye to the shard of skin in the centre of the page).

Sorry for the crappy picture lmao

Deleted user

Thanks! I damn hope it’s worth it when I finish it. It feels like I could’ve gotten married, graduated college and died by now

and it’s only been four hours

that’s what using colored pencil does to you

Deleted user

I haven't check this out in a while and I regret it because everyone here is FLIPPING AWESOME, SERIOUSLY, AHHHHHH

Deleted user

Here you go, a shambled mess of what this attempt came to be

just

covers face

@Katastrophic group

that's awesome, I love the choice of color only on the face!

I got another one for today, my alchemist boi and evil fairy. Imma try to get through two tomorrow I might do three so I dont have to get back to work on the actual writing part

@Katastrophic group

thanks!
Some stuff I do to save blending (i dont use colored pencils often for a reason), colorless blenders can be used for pencils, and kneaded erasers can lift a little color off for more blending without damaging the paper too much. If you have chalk pastels those can blend very nicely over pencil too.

@The-N-U-T-Cracker

Baby oil/coconut oil/other oils can blend certain colored pencils, just put a little bit on the tip of a cotton swab and brush it lightly over the paper. It breaks down the pigments inside and gives a smooth, almost painted look to it, which i personally like

Just make sure there's no sharpie/alcohol markers used in the drawing.
I've ruined at least 4 different artworks cause I tried to outline a colored pencil drawing with sharpie and it bled through the entire thing…