forum The LGBTQ+ Community Chat :)
Started by @Tylerrr-M-P
tune

people_alt 232 followers

@ZephirFox8812

holy shit you guys i came out to my dad and it went really well! (i cried, which is not surprising). oh my gosh i’m just so happy rn!!!! :D

That's amazing dude! Well done!

@RedTheLoveless

speaking of girls, got my frozen heart chipped at today
beautiful girl in my self-defense class
cute cornrows and even cuter laugh

and yet she has a boyfriend
hhhh it's always the straight ones, dammit

@RedTheLoveless

very cute

y'know I just think that pure gay girls are such a rare find because most are probably in hiding from creeps and the few that are out are very obvious. it's a hit or miss type of deal

@RainClouds_Itachi_

i think??? i'm having??? a gender crisis????
i'm not sure, bc for the most part i've been pretty neutral towards it-
like,,, "call me whatever you feel like calling me"
but,,,,,, i dunno most people refer to me as my birth gender and i don't,,, i don't know if i like it
i'm ok with it
but i'd prefer if it was only like,,, 50% or less of people that i know would call me that
does this make sense???? am i just losing it????? i have no idea, i've never had a problem like this before-
send help

@RedTheLoveless

but,,,,,, i dunno most people refer to me as my birth gender and i don't,,, i don't know if i like it
i'm ok with it
but i'd prefer if it was only like,,, 50% or less of people that i know would call me that
does this make sense???? am i just losing it????? i have no idea, i've never had a problem like this before-
send help

I'm experiencing the same thing fam. I identify as agender, any pronouns go. Unfortunately, most like to refer to me as my bio sex. Nothing wrong with that, but it does make me feel like they didn't really listen to me the first time around, and having to bring up the conversation again is super awkward and draining. Like, I am aware you are following the guidelines I've set, but it feels like they're just taking the cheap way out instead of taking into account how I may feel.

Honestly, at this point, I'm still chill with the any pronouns thing, but I make a point to stress that I prefer all and variety from what I usually hear on a day-to-day basis.

Something like, "Hey, I know I said to call me [blank] because [blank], but the truth is that [blank] is how I feel, and would appreciate if you did [blank] instead."

@RainClouds_Itachi_

i'm ok with it
send help

I'm experiencing the same thing fam. I identify as agender, any pronouns go. Unfortunately, most like to refer to me as my bio sex. Nothing wrong with that, but it does make me feel like they didn't really listen to me the first time around, and having to bring up the conversation again is super awkward and draining. Like, I am aware you are following the guidelines I've set, but it feels like they're just taking the cheap way out instead of taking into account how I may feel.

Honestly, at this point, I'm still chill with the any pronouns thing, but I make a point to stress that I prefer all and variety from what I usually hear on a day-to-day basis.

Something like, "Hey, I know I said to call me [blank] because [blank], but the truth is that [blank] is how I feel, and would appreciate if you did [blank] instead."

akjfnvkjvn ok thank u that's already hella helpful !!!
i tend to not be good at outwardly talking about what i'd prefer 'nd all that,, but this is good practice then !!

@The-Magician group

how does one even talk to girls like
w h a t
they're all so much prettier than me

I mean, yes? But like even if they are prettier than me, I kinda just smile and say “hi”.
I remember one time, this really beautiful girl kept walking past me, and as soon as she did for the first time I immediately based a book character around her. For a good 3 months I kept trying to find the courage to talk to her just so I could find out her name, until finally, 2 years ago at Christmas, she walked past me and I just said it! “Excuse me, sorry, this is going to sound like an odd question, but may I know your name?”
“Sure, it’s Amber.” And the smile on her face made my face heat up, I shit you not.
After that we had a full on conversation about why I found her to be an inspiration, and she said “well if you make anything of it, let me know.”

So I say if you want to speak to a girl, say hi! It’s the smallest thing ever, but it works!!

@basil_

how does one even talk to girls like
w h a t
they're all so much prettier than me

I mean, yes? But like even if they are prettier than me, I kinda just smile and say “hi”.
I remember one time, this really beautiful girl kept walking past me, and as soon as she did for the first time I immediately based a book character around her. For a good 3 months I kept trying to find the courage to talk to her just so I could find out her name, until finally, 2 years ago at Christmas, she walked past me and I just said it! “Excuse me, sorry, this is going to sound like an odd question, but may I know your name?”
“Sure, it’s Amber.” And the smile on her face made my face heat up, I shit you not.
After that we had a full on conversation about why I found her to be an inspiration, and she said “well if you make anything of it, let me know.”

So I say if you want to speak to a girl, say hi! It’s the smallest thing ever, but it works!!

Dhsjksjf that’s adorable
Once I got lost in an airport cause I saw two really pretty girls and one of them smiled at me and I got so flustered I forgot where to go

@RedTheLoveless

akjfnvkjvn ok thank u that's already hella helpful !!!
i tend to not be good at outwardly talking about what i'd prefer 'nd all that,, but this is good practice then !!

Glad I could be of assistance 👍

Deleted user

IM A MESS RIGHT NOW
WHY IS EVERYONE SO GODDAM ADORABLE!!?!?!?!?!!?!!!!????
GIRLS? YES!
GUYS? YES!
NONBINARY? GENDERFLUID? DOUBLE YES

LIKE PUNCH ME IN THE FACE ALREADY……. BUT WITH YOUR FACE (: