forum The LGBTQ+ Community Chat :)
Started by @Tylerrr-M-P
tune

people_alt 232 followers

@Kanaroli group

Going to church doesn't change your sexuality. I go to church every Sunday and I still like girls. You should tell them that.

They think that when someone hasn't gone to church the sinful demons will come get you, including a gay demon.

@ElderGodSwimwithGamers group

There are gay Christians out there. That doesn't make them bad Christians.

Okay, please don't hate, but I disagree: there are no "Gay Christians." There are Christians who are gay. (I believe God comes first befoe all)

@m1dn1g7t_ri0ts_13

Okay, please don't hate, but I disagree: there are no "Gay Christians." There are Christians who are gay. (I believe God comes first befoe all)

That's fine. You can correct me.

@blue_topaz

I'm not trying to argue, I'm just genuinely confused—what's the difference between the first and the second?

@@Rhindy ❤️❤️

I'm not trying to argue, I'm just genuinely confused—what's the difference between the first and the second?

There is no difference!

Okay, the difference is this:
When you say "Gay Christian," you are literally placing your sexuality before God, making it the focal point. I believe God should always come first, so I believe it should be "I am a Christian who is gay."

@PuffPoff

I think it's because some people believe that God comes before all.
For example, they believe that being a "Christian swimmer" is more correct than being a "swimmer who is also Christian." Their religion is important to them, so the would rather be identified by that first. Similar to someone who would rather be a "artist who is transgender" than a "transgender artist"
Correct me if I'm wrong

@HighPockets group

There is no difference!

Yeah, you don't need to change the order of the words……I call myself a bi-ace Catholic because it's easier than going 'I am a Catholic who is asexual and biromantic'.

@m1dn1g7t_ri0ts_13

I think it's because some people believe that God comes before all.
For example, they believe that being a "Christian swimmer" is more correct than being a "swimmer who is also Christian." Their religion is important to them, so the would rather be identified by that first. Similar to someone who would rather be a "artist who is transgender" than a "transgender artist"
Correct me if I'm wrong

That makes sense. Sorry about that.

@PuffPoff

Okay you guys have probably read this already but I really recommend reading The Art Of Being Normal because it's SOOOO GOOD

@HighPockets group

Let's Talk About Love is AMAZING and everyone should read it!

Is that a romance novel?

Yes, it's a YA contemporary romance novel about a bi-ace girl!!

I'm Christian and still gay. I hate how people say "You can't be gay and Christian at the same time!" That's just stupid and ridiculous.

I'm Christian and genderfluid. My dad would have a fit if he found out though.