forum The LGBTQ+ Community Chat :)
Started by @Tylerrr-M-P
tune

people_alt 232 followers

@SaltyLasagna

I just got two very different responses for the glasses thing wow
And I look like a nerd with glasses lol, I've tried some on before they're not a good look for me

Definitely check the things at the eye doctor's place about what frames are right for your face shape, and remember: it's more important to get good glasses than to get them right away unless you have really really really bad vision. If you don't like the glasses at the eye doctor/first place you go to, you don't need to get them there. Wait until you find the right kind since they can last for a pretty long time. Also if they offer a buy one get one deal, 10/10 recommend getting prescription sunglasses. Best investment of my life.

I hope I remember all that 2 months from now lol (I can't get an appointment until April)

Just PM me when you have your appointment and I can help you out!

alright cool lol thanks

Deleted user

you know your life is completely falling apart when you catch yourself thinking "if I could just have a little bit of cocaine, just once, for a little energy and confidence so I can get through this exhausting day, that'd be great"

mm hmm.
or when you're so desperate for sleep, you'd roofie yourself

what a mood

I've had both of those thoughts on the same day. Which is sad considering my age

lmao how old are you

A fucking 13 year old should not be that desperate.

wow you seem a lot older than 13, damn
I'm (almost) 17 but that's not that much better lol

Everyone thinks I'm older than I am. That's what happens when you grew up with a bunch of 15 year olds and parents like mine.
Neither of us should have to wish we had cocaine

Oh lol I'm the oldest child so I can't relate
but yeah you're right, wishing we had drugs isn't healthy. Like lately I've just been thinking "heroin sounds like a pretty neat idea considering the amount of stress I'm under right now" but then I have to remind myself that turning to drugs isn't how normal people deal with stress lmao

I see.
I've started writing on myself when that happens. But that's not a great alternative, considering what is written….

@SaltyLasagna

you know your life is completely falling apart when you catch yourself thinking "if I could just have a little bit of cocaine, just once, for a little energy and confidence so I can get through this exhausting day, that'd be great"

mm hmm.

what a mood

I've had both of those thoughts on the same day. Which is sad considering my age

lmao how old are you

Everyone thinks I'm older than I am. That's what happens when you grew up with a bunch of 15 year olds and parents like mine.

but yeah you're right, wishing we had drugs isn't healthy. Like lately I've just been thinking "heroin sounds like a pretty neat idea considering the amount of stress I'm under right now" but then I have to remind myself that turning to drugs isn't how normal people deal with stress lmao

I see.
I've started writing on myself when that happens. But that's not a great alternative, considering what is written….

what do you write?

@SaltyLasagna

It is not good to drink, smoke, or do drugs, it's not smart to do those things at all

lol I never said I was smart
(but yeah drugs are bad, don't do drugs kids)

Deleted user

mm hmm.

what a mood

lmao how old are you

I see.

what do you write?

Nothing that's supposed to help me.

@SaltyLasagna

mm hmm.

what a mood

lmao how old are you

I see.

what do you write?

Ah. I see.

Deleted user

mm hmm.

what a mood

lmao how old are you

I see.

what do you write?

Ah. I see.

Yup. It's pretty depressing

@SaltyLasagna

mm hmm.

what a mood

lmao how old are you

I see.

what do you write?

Ah. I see.

Yup. It's pretty depressing

Usually if I'm thinking things like that, I let my brain shut down until I can get to a safe place, and then I'll sing softly to myself and write something sad

Deleted user

I can't shut my brain down. I'll draw or something but everything is still there

@SaltyLasagna

Well I don't just stop thinking, I just shut everyone out and focus on something like a cool story to play over and over in my mind and just go on autopilot.

Deleted user

I can't shut my brain down. I'll draw or something but everything is still there

Disregard what they say. If you can't ignore it then just don't believe it

I try.
They almost win most of the time

@HighPockets group

Oof. Not being able to stop thinking is a huge issue for me and it plays into my inability to get a decent amount of sleep.

@SaltyLasagna

Oof. Not being able to stop thinking is a huge issue for me and it plays into my inability to get a decent amount of sleep.

Just try to direct all of your thoughts elsewhere. It's really difficult but stopping invasive and anxious thoughts by just internally saying "shut the fuck up" and then going back to a story you were playing in your head can be really helpful.

@Shuri-the-Floof-Doggo

I try.
They almost win most of the time

Well you have all of us to help!

W3irder_W3irdo

I'll introduce myself first before anything. My name is Amanda, I'm not sure what I am, and I feel like I'm an outcast, but oh well. I need help figuring out what I am T-T. I'm pretty sure I'm Pansexual because I have no problem dating any gender, male, female, transgender, ext…But, my problem is that I've never dated before (by choice) so I have no experience with anyone. I'm not sure if I'm just super accepting to the point I would be fine dating anyone, or I'm just super accepting and it's all in my head. Have I been overthinking this? I tend to do that a lot T_T.
I'm going to just post this before my anxiety gets to me and I leave, I might regret this later, but, if my future self doesn't come back to stop me, can it really be that bad?

Deleted user

Just try to direct all of your thoughts elsewhere. It's really difficult but stopping invasive and anxious thoughts by just internally saying "shut the fuck up" and then going back to a story you were playing in your head can be really helpful.

Dissociating at its finest. Eris approves

@PuffPoff

Welcome Amanda! I identify as panromantic, but I haven't ever dated anyone so I get your dilemma. My advice is to not worry about putting a label on yourself and/or pick a label that you think is right for you.

@blue_topaz

I'll introduce myself first before anything. My name is Amanda, I'm not sure what I am, and I feel like I'm an outcast, but oh well. I need help figuring out what I am T-T. I'm pretty sure I'm Pansexual because I have no problem dating any gender, male, female, transgender, ext…But, my problem is that I've never dated before (by choice) so I have no experience with anyone. I'm not sure if I'm just super accepting to the point I would be fine dating anyone, or I'm just super accepting and it's all in my head. Have I been overthinking this? I tend to do that a lot T_T.
I'm going to just post this before my anxiety gets to me and I leave, I might regret this later, but, if my future self doesn't come back to stop me, can it really be that bad?

Hey, Amanda, welcome to the chat! To answer your question, I'm just going to point out a few things really quickly. Liking a transgender person doesn't necessarily make you pansexual, for example, I'm a bisexual female and I could like an MtF (transitioned from a male to a female) woman, but I would still be bisexual for liking them, not pansexual, because 'transgender' isn't its own gender. Being pansexual is when you'll like anyone regardless of gender (other genders could include nonbinary and genderfluid, but those are definitely not the only ones).

Also, a straight person could be just as accepting, maybe even more, of the LGBT+ community as a whole than a transgender person. Liking exclusively one gender doesn't mean that you're less accepting, that's just how your love/heart/brain works.

And you don't need to have dated anyone to identify as a certain sexuality! For example, I've ad crushes on guys and girls, but have never dated either, but I know that I'm bi because I've crushed on those genders in the past.

Please keep in mind that it's generally different for everyone, and just because it's a certain way for me, doesn't mean it's necessarily like that for you! You can identify however makes you feel comfortable, don't pressure yourself too much about it. You've got lot's of time to figure that aspect of yourself out—not to mention that your sexuality could change over the years. Hope this helped :)