forum Share things nobody asked you to share
Started by @Knight-Shives group
tune

people_alt 206 followers

Deleted user

I never sleep….my anxiety keeps me awake. So unless I'm cuddlin with my 5 bro (we are all dating each other cause we be poly)

Deleted user

(there not my actual brother i case some of you are freaking out)

@Elder-God-Whisper work

Winter, I'm not even going to ask how you know this.

I- it appears this is basic Norse knowledge. I learned this YEARS ago when I was like, 13. I loved researching about the Nordic traditions. Still do. It’s strangely hard to get full information though. But maybe I’m just not looking in the right places…

@nebula__ group

me: i think i'll get some more leftover halloween candy
also me: -begins heading upstairs-
my brain: no, i don't think i will
my stomach: yea what he said
me again: fine >:( -heads back downstairs to watch more danganronpa vines-

@Mojack group

TIL what the Zone of Death is

@ElderGod-Winter-The-Renegade-Legionnaire book

Winter, I'm not even going to ask how you know this.

I- it appears this is basic Norse knowledge. I learned this YEARS ago when I was like, 13. I loved researching about the Nordic traditions. Still do. It’s strangely hard to get full information though. But maybe I’m just not looking in the right places…

Oh yes. You got to have family or people who know the traditions. Nordic culture is very nice, and they respected women. They still do. Wedding culture is especially nice. And so is the marriage culture. It's nice.

@Consider-PB_and_the_Jellies

Me: I wonder why I feel terrible today
Also me: Has only eaten candy, oreos and ramen all weekend
Me: A mystery

Me: Has only eaten some chips for breakfast
Also Me: “Why the fuck am I still hungry
also I slept in

@ElderGod-Winter-The-Renegade-Legionnaire book

Here's some Viking wedding culture
Viking weddings are always held on Fridays, the day of Frigg, in order to have her blessing.
The bride and groom exchange rings and swords. The man would break into one od his ancestors tombs and win back an ancient sword, and give it to his wife, and she'd get her father, or brother, the male head of the family to do the same for her. Then they'd exchange the swords.
Next, Thor's hammer (Mjolnir) would sit in the bride's lap in order to ask for his blessing on her children. (Also it's a inside joke among the men that Thor's "hammer" got his wife before the groom's did, meaning that Thor got to have sex with the groom's wife before the groom did. It's uh very interesting.
Bride running
So basically after the wedding the bride would race her family and her now husband's family to the celebration hall and it was tradition that she'd make it there first, and then her husband would carry her over the threshold. Then there would be lots of feasting.
The hair was very important. The more braids and the tighter they looked, meant more respect and good luck to fall onto the newlyweds. Hygiene was very important to the Vikings.
Finally Mead has to be there. There has to be lots of alcohol.
Also viking weddings were planned years in advance. And they have to be at a certain time of year. Meaning from the harvest moon to the first snowfall. It's a season. But it's very fun filled.