forum Personal Venting Chat, New and Improved! (Without Jerks)
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 126 followers

Deleted user

(I'll leave in a second, but does anyone have any ways to get your frustration (over a dozen different little things) out?)

beat the fuck out of a pillow. write some angsty ass poetry. Yell at me in PMs.

@Rainy_is_back

(I don't want to yell at you, but I'll try the other two)

Why is everyone so annoyed at everything today???

I feel like everyone is just on edge from being stuck inside. I've noticed it over the past few days if I'm being honest.

Deleted user

(I don't want to yell at you, but I'll try the other two)

I feel like everyone is just on edge from being stuck inside. I've noticed it over the past few days if I'm being honest.

true that

@SpookyScarySnoteleks group

My parents: Come downstairs and talk to us
Me: *Goes downstairs*
My brother: *Insults me*
Me: *Reacts in any way shape or form*
My parents: Nope go upstairs don't talk to me

Me: *Attempts to talk to my brother*
My brother: *Breaks a flashlight keychain over my head, like cracks it in half and makes my ears ring for hours*
My parents: Well, you probably did something first

@saor_illust school

true that

yeah… sometimes i start to worry again that i've caused some of it…

@galaxyunicorn-is-in-love-with-starry

So this might end up kinda long…but I'm very not happy about this

So yesterday I started watching an anime called The Disastrous Life of Saiki K (I know you said no more anime talk here but this isn't really about that), which if you didn't know has an aroace main character. I was really excited when my friend told me about it yesterday and I started watching it later that night. (I only watched 4 episodes but I was up until 11:30 and my iPad was at 1%.) The show is really good, but that's not what I'm upset about.

What I'm upset about is the fandom. Specifically the people who ship Saiki with…anyone. He's aroace so shipping him with anyone is so disrespectful, and literally just disregarding his identity. And when you disregard his identity, you disregard my identity and the identity of every other aroace person in the world. Aroace representation is super rare, and is actually really well done here, as Saiki is a well-written and interesting on his own without having to be attracted to people. So like,,, respect that?? Please?? Gosh forbid I want to see myself in a character in something.

It's just the amount of times I'll see like a Saiki x reader or whatever is just excessive. And the more people who ship him, the more people who will think it's ok to ship aroaces. The more people who think it's ok to disregard the identities of those who are aroace. The more people who might think it's not a real thing and you're just lying to yourself. The more people who are aroace who might be afraid no one will believe them if they come out. There's already enough misconceptions about asexuality and aromanticism. We don't need to add to that.

It just might seem like a harmless fanfiction, but it's more harmful than you think and is absolutely not okay.

Tl;dr: respect aroaces please

@Anemone eco

(Is…is anyone going to read my vent? I'd actually really like to not be ignored this time. Please don't take that the wrong way my brain can be mean sometimes)

I read it, but I wasn't sure if you want someone to say something about it or not.

Deleted user

It's this quorinten. No one can see anyone and even then they have to be six feet apart and shiz 😧😧

@Anemone eco

It's this quorinten. No one can see anyone and even then they have to be six feet apart and shiz 😧😧

… *quarantine

@galaxyunicorn-is-in-love-with-starry

(Is…is anyone going to read my vent? I'd actually really like to not be ignored this time. Please don't take that the wrong way my brain can be mean sometimes)

I read it, but I wasn't sure if you want someone to say something about it or not.

It's just when I don't get a response it feels like I'm being ignored and my brain tells me that none of you care about me or what I have to say, even though I know that's not true (right?) my brain is just mean

@saor_illust school

It's just when I don't get a response it feels like I'm being ignored and my brain tells me that none of you care about me or what I have to say, even though I know that's not true (right?) my brain is just mean

ngl tho i feel that
…but then i don't say anything and i just kinda curl up in my shell

@Anemone eco

Ahh, I see. Well, I care about you despite not knowing you well. You seem quite nice and I'd hate for you to feel bad. As for your vent, I totally agree with it. Honestly, just hearing about that happening really upsets me. It's almost as if they shoved the character's identity aside with a "okay, whatever" and I agree that it's not right. I'm glad that you brought the due attention to this.

@Pickles group

I'm not
I learned how to crochet octopi

Send me a picture of them please.

I will after I finish dinner and the second one