forum Personal Venting Chat, New and Improved! (Without Jerks)
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 126 followers

Deleted user

MY NAME IS MIRIAM
NOBODY KNOWS HOW TO SAY IT
PEOPLE THINK IT'S MADE UP
NOBODY CAN SPELL IT
AND IT MEANS 'BITTER ONE' AND 'REBEL' {which is quite accurate as I'm definitely the rebel of the family}

No one knows how to say it???

mARY-AHM
MIRI-AHM
MAH-REEUHM

It's
Mee-ree-uhm.

Deleted user

lmao so I say your name wrong and you don’t correct me??

Deleted user

…. I've literally never heard a person pronounce Miriam wrong

you'd be surprised.

There's also a girl in my grade who came to class stoned out of her mind once and started calling me Mary Ham.

It stuck.

@The-N-U-T-Cracker

For some reason no one can get my name right and so now I respond to Ella, Ellie, Elise, Emma, Ayla, and “uhh… You! Brown hair! Short! With the bright pink t-shirt! Yeah, you!”

@Anemone eco

For some reason no one can get my name right and so now I respond to Ella, Ellie, Elise, Emma, Ayla, and “uhh… You! Brown hair! Short! With the bright pink t-shirt! Yeah, you!”

Lmao. That reminds me of this girl I knew named Evelyn. She responds to Emile, Emily, Elizabeth, Emma, Ella, and "tiny one". It's pretty funny. She's almost never called by her name, so when someone actually says her name, she doesn't know that they're talking to her.

@HighPockets group

Same. I get "eevee" a lot, which I'm not a fan of. And one teacher spelled my name Evy for a semester.

@HighPockets group

Lmao. That reminds me of this girl I knew named Evelyn. She responds to Emile, Emily, Elizabeth, Emma, Ella, and "tiny one". It's pretty funny. She's almost never called by her name, so when someone actually says her name, she doesn't know that they're talking to her.

I have a friend named Evelyn and even though no one calls me Evelyn, I always do a double take when someone addresses them lol.

@Anemone eco

Same. I get "eevee" a lot, which I'm not a fan of. And one teacher spelled my name Evy for a semester.

Only two people to this date, have pronounced my name correctly after seeing it.

@SpookyScarySnoteleks group

Almost everyone pronounces my name right on the first try, a few people have called me Mia. Then there's the spelling.
My name is spelled Maya. I've seen people spell it:
Mya
Mia
Maia
(and almost certainly more)

Deleted user

Only two people to this date, have pronounced my name correctly after seeing it.

NOW I HAVE TO KNOW YOUR NAME

Deleted user

Almost everyone pronounces my name right on the first try, a few people have called me Mia. Then there's the spelling.
Mya
Mia
Maia

So it's pronounced may-ah, right?

@Pickles group

^^^^ because the possibility of it actually being "Zach" have been virtually eliminated

@Anemone eco

Or no?

@SpookyScarySnoteleks group

Mya
Mia
Maia

So it's pronounced may-ah, right?

Pretty close, it's more like mai-ah

Deleted user

Or no?

pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

@Pickles group

Or no?

But but but oshdfkbs you can't do this to us

@Fraust

Somehow everyone seems to spell my name wrong even though (I think) I have the most common spelling
It's Maddie
not Maddy
Not Madie
and most definitely not Madi (you'd be surprised how many people try to spell it this way?? Like, I've never seen this spelling ever and it pisses me off)