forum Don't Be Suspicious
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 113 followers

@HighPockets group

i can't do that

i can already hear her yelling-

"i work my butt off every day just to keep you ungrateful children fed!" "you're old enough to do your own school, i've given you all the lessons, it's not my fault you're too lazy to complete them." "i'm not neglecting you by having coffee, for god's sake!"

and if she found out you guys encouraged me

i'd probably never be able to speak to you again…

i'd just be even more alone

…there are so many ways this could go wrong and not one that could go right…

i can't do this

Yeah. Sometimes moms don't listen, or get angry when you bring up valid points.
Can you try and convince her to let you take a couple of classes at a school near you? Or your siblings? School sucks sometimes, but also helps you learn really important social skills and you can learn more than you would by yourself. And taking some classes is a sort of compromise
You have every right to be angry, and you're not being ungrateful. You deserve to be properly taught and properly taken care of. Your mom is probably trying her best (probably. maybe) but you can't "homeschool" that many kids and give them a proper education.

Somehow just now saw this

The only classes she’d be willing to take me to are art classes, and she’s already signed me up for a few one-day things. Any other school she dislikes strongly because the children are misbehaved and she doesn’t want us learning about/believing in any bad, not-very-Catholic things such as swear words and the existence of not straight people
* gasps in ignorant *

…so yeah that won’t work

And it is technically possible to homeschool that many children, my best friend’s family is homeschooled, they have the same amount of children all the same distance apart, each child has a complete education along with social activities, and they’re all really intelligent

So my mom sees families like them and thinks she’s capable of doing it as well, even though she really isn’t-
And that’s why we’re still in this mess
She wants us to be good, happy, Catholic children, and she’s worried that if she puts us in a public school we might abandon our faith, which would just absolutely crush her soul into a million little pieces-
So she sets these unrealistic goals for herself to teach us absolutely everything in the most CatholicTM way while also fitting in social activities/clubs/meetings/classes/etc, gets overwhelmed a few months in, and gives up, leaving us completely educationless and without anyone to talk to for the next 11 months until the same thing starts over again…
She really is trying, she’s just trying too hard, and then not enough, and she doesn’t know how to fix it.
I don’t even know how to fix it
Everything’s a mess

Have you been able to find any sort of religious ed groups nearby, like through your church? That was you can socialize, meet kids your age with potentially similar interests, and assure her that you're still Catholic.
Also you're getting confirmed this year, right? You can gently pressure her into letting you join a confirmation prep small group.

@The-Magician group

I’m not gonna lie Ella, you sent that picture of Taco Bell, and the first thing my boyfriend said when we went into town today was “Do you want Taco Bell?”

@The-N-U-T-Cracker

Have you been able to find any sort of religious ed groups nearby, like through your church? That was you can socialize, meet kids your age with potentially similar interests, and assure her that you're still Catholic.
Also you're getting confirmed this year, right? You can gently pressure her into letting you join a confirmation prep small group.

All the religious groups through my church are for little kids, only last for one week in June, and I’m already volunteering
I have choir twice a week, but they’re all adult ladies and it’s hard to socialize with them when you’re singing three motets at once

And I don’t know if I’m getting confirmed this year or not, my mom hasn’t said anything about it

@Althalosian-is-the-father book

Catholicism is pretty different from Christianity

…..As a graduated RE student, I'm going to keep my comments to myself..

As a knower of the history of the church I am going to keep my comments to myself Lol. Unless someone does want to chat about that… Then I’m pretty down.

Deleted user

everyone deserves a profile picture

But do they? And does this mean I can change it to anything?

YES.

to both questions you argumentative walnut. <3

@Althalosian-is-the-father book

By deserve do you mean that no one should block their right to such a thing, or that it is a crime for said person not to be gifted one?
It seems I need to make pictures smaller in mass in order to put them into my profile.

Deleted user

By deserve do you mean that no one should block their right to such a thing, or that it is a crime for said person not to be gifted one?
It seems I need to make pictures smaller in mass in order to put them into my profile.

I MEAN THAT EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE ONE IF THEY WANT ONE

GO OFF

@HighPockets group

All the religious groups through my church are for little kids, only last for one week in June, and I’m already volunteering
I have choir twice a week, but they’re all adult ladies and it’s hard to socialize with them when you’re singing three motets at once

And I don’t know if I’m getting confirmed this year or not, my mom hasn’t said anything about it

Really? Mine has a teen and kid one, but I'm pretty sure my town is much bigger lol
What about the library?

@ElderGod-kirky group

I've had multiple people compliment my boots/outfit today. That makes me happy

I adore combat boots, honestly. I put them on my characters all the time. Now I got some heeled ones that make me an average height. Life is a smidgen better

@The-N-U-T-Cracker

Really? Mine has a teen and kid one, but I'm pretty sure my town is much bigger lol

My town is pretty big, I’m just on the very outskirts so there’s nothing here
Plus my church is almost entirely old ladies so they don’t have anyone to attend

What about the library?

They probably have quite a few but I’m not exactly able to go to the library
There are multiple within 10 minutes of our house but if I go there my siblings would want to go, and if my siblings go then they’ll want some books, and if we get some books they’ll end up torn, stabbed, lost, or covered in apple juice, then my mom stresses out, and that’s why we only go like 3 times a year
So library activities aren’t really an option

@HighPockets group

What about the library?

They probably have quite a few but I’m not exactly able to go to the library
There are multiple within 10 minutes of our house but if I go there my siblings would want to go, and if my siblings go then they’ll want some books, and if we get some books they’ll end up torn, stabbed, lost, or covered in apple juice, then my mom stresses out, and that’s why we only go like 3 times a year
So library activities aren’t really an option

Oof. Could you talk to your mom about having "library time" once or twice a week where it's just you?