forum Debate. Debate. Debate.
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 109 followers

Deleted user

But to answer your question Mox, no I don't think so. People should and do understand the risks of smoking and bringing that shit into your body is not healthy. It's not the government's responsibility to do more than tell us it's bad. It's common sense to not smoke in the first place. People are just dumb and creating a problem over something that they don't want to take responsibility for.

@Moxie group

Yes, but the flavors may be getting people addicted to tobacco that may not have been addicted to tobacco in the first place. They make tobacco marketable. And why should we make something marketable thats just going to kill you?

Deleted user

Okay I have a debate topic
Should the government ban flavored tobacco in e-cigerattes?

Um not to be THAT person but….

@Mojack group

I mean I don’t like vapes (or cigarettes in general) but I’m neutral on the ban of it. Because a lot of people for some reason think vapes are harmless (which they aren’t, it’s possible to drown from vapes. Weird wording but I think it’s like how vaping includes vapour which is water, it can get into your lungs which isn’t good.) but it’s just that they’re less harmful/the effects are different, when compared to cigarettes.

So like I said I’m pretty neutral on it but I think the situation is more of a matter of educating people, telling them the (possible) effects and such, not outright banning it.

Deleted user

Okay I have a debate topic
Should the government ban flavored tobacco in e-cigerattes?

Um not to be THAT person but….

I changed banned to ban in the sentence why do I do this

@Queen_Cuisine

Hear me out, but I actually think the government shouldn't put bans on vaping.

While I do agree that it is really dumb to vape considering you are messing up your lungs by depleting the number of cilia on the walls as well as increasing risks of other diseases, plus vaping went up in popularity to similar levels with smoking almost overnight when it comes to vaping then vs. now.

However.

Everyone board the bus, because we're going back to 1919. The year that the 18th amendment was passed, the banning of alcoholic beverages in the U.S. It didn't work very well. Really all it did is it increased the rate of drug-related crimes because then the best way to make money was moving illegal alcohol into the states and selling it.

In my opinion, the best way to tackle problems with drugs including Tobacco, is to have the government fund solutions to help the already addicted people quit their drugs, and spread the real, uncensored, non-overexaterated truth about why not to do the drugs.

@Queen_Cuisine

Hear me out, but I actually think the government shouldn't put bans on vaping.

While I do agree that it is really dumb to vape considering you are messing up your lungs by depleting the number of cilia on the walls as well as increasing risks of other diseases, plus vaping went up in popularity to similar levels with smoking almost overnight when it comes to vaping then vs. now.

However.

Everyone board the bus, because we're going back to 1919. The year that the 18th amendment was passed, the banning of alcoholic beverages in the U.S. It didn't work very well. Really all it did is it increased the rate of drug-related crimes because then the best way to make money was moving illegal alcohol into the states and selling it.

In my opinion, the best way to tackle problems with drugs including Tobacco, is to have the government fund solutions to help the already addicted people quit their drugs, and spread the real, uncensored, non-overexaterated truth about why not to do the drugs.

I feel like Adam Conover now and I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Deleted user

^^ This is actually a really good point. Humans have the mentality of "you telling me not to do it make me want to do it more" so banning it may only cause more issues in the long run. 1- It becomes a black market item which creates a larger drug trade issue. 2- people getting arrested/incarcerated for something so stupid creates a strain on the justice system. etc. etc.

@Mojack group

And here’s the thing: people banning things in the past hasn’t led to good develops. I think alcohol was banned in the states at one point, which causes the crime to rise, especially organized crime. I’m pretty sure there were some gangs which made profit due to the ban because they were selling illegal stuff as well.

And to add onto that, there’s a ban on drugs, which we’re seeing..well, pretty much the exact same thing. Gangs make profits because of illegal drugs. There’s shootouts over drugs, etc etc.

Now I’m not saying that just banning flavoured vapes will result in exactly that (but it could, you never know) but doing more research on this it’s probably not the best choice possible.

@HighPockets group

And here’s the thing: people banning things in the past hasn’t led to good develops. I think alcohol was banned in the states at one point, which causes the crime to rise, especially organized crime. I’m pretty sure there were some gangs which made profit due to the ban because they were selling illegal stuff as well.

Yep, alcohol was banned in the States in the 1920s, which led to it being made illegally (which could be very dangerous if done wrong) and it was definitely a big era for mobs and the mafia.

Deleted user

lol thanks I was just trying to prove that the photo is from a long time ago because I look like that now and Eris didn't seem to believe I have a pixie cut and all that crap but okayyyyyy

Deleted user

but you do have a pixie cut and it looks amazing! just like you!! <3

Deleted user

oh bb stopppppppp
I'm just trying to pROVE A POINT
TRY ME NOW ERIS