forum The LGBTQ+ Community Chat :)
Started by @Tylerrr-M-P
tune

people_alt 232 followers

@thehobbit

im doing pretty good except I just got my psychology final and look at what happened

HERE IS ONE OF THE QUESTIONS ON MY TAKE HOME PSYCHOLOGY FINAL

Are teenagers today more promiscuous than in the past? Why (or why not) do you think that teens are engaging in more physical intimacy? What can be done about it?

I AM ASEXUAL HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW HOW TO ANSWER THAT QUESTION???????????
ALSO THAT QUESTION ASSUMES THAT THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH PHYSICAL INTIMACY AND THAT SEX IS THE ONLY KIND OF PHYSICAL INTIMACY THAT EXISTS AND THAT I AGREE WITH BOTH OF THOSE POINTS AND THAT I HAVE SOME WAY OF KNOWING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PERSONAL LIVES AND IF THEY'RE HAVING SEX OR NOT WHEN SOMETIMES I CANT EVEN TELL IF PEOPLE ARE IN A RELATIONSHIP IN THE FIRST PLACE AND IT KINDA PISSES ME OFF

@thehobbit

i mean my college is a Christian college so I kind of understand where this is coming from but SERIOUSLY I have very little ideas on how to answer this question other than to point out all the things wrong with it which honestly I might do because the other question I could write on instead asks about Christian parenting and describing Christian parenting and I dont want to have kids and because of that I feel I shouldn't really have a say in how people raise their kids unless they are actively harming them so I GUESS that the first one would at least be easier to write

@HighPockets group

I found an ace book and oh my gosh y'all it's called Tash Hearts Tolstoy and it's about an ace girl who loves reading Leo Tolstoy's books and is making a YouTube show based on Anna Karenina and OH MY GOSH IT'S HELLA RELATABLE BETWEEN THE ACENESS AND THE CLASSICS LOVE!!!!!!!!

@HighPockets group

I should read that to distract me from the pain of this final

I'm only like 100 pages in but I read spoilers because I'm a terrible person. And in the acknowledgements it says for all of the ace readers!!!!!!!

@thehobbit

ive made the decision that im going to answer the promiscuity question by pointing out that a) defining promiscuous and saying that there is more to physical intimacy than just sex and that sexual acts should not be viewed as the end all be all expression of love and talking about Asexuality and stuff and then b) explaining that there is no way of knowing if people are having more sex right now than they were before but we can certainly tell that they are less open about it than ancient greece and rome where everywhere was basically Las Vegas and that either way we cant do anything about that and that Christians should not be judging people based on how "promiscuous" they seem to be because Christians are called to love everyone and are told not to judge others so it shouldn't really matter either way.

@thehobbit

I should read that to distract me from the pain of this final

I'm only like 100 pages in but I read spoilers because I'm a terrible person. And in the acknowledgements it says for all of the ace readers!!!!!!!

now im definitely asking for it for Christmas!!

Deleted user

my friend (who i've known for 6 Years now) outed me to my school

@CharBar

someone did that to my friend at our old school. shes pan, and it sucks to have everyone know a secret that should be yours. Its awful. but she got over it. people will always be there to put you down and try to take away your pride and faith, but you have to look for the things that will pull you through to the end. it will all die down eventually, and people will find a new victim. just have patience and and faith and you will persist until this all blows over.

Deleted user

someone did that to my friend at our old school. shes pan, and it sucks to have everyone know a secret that should be yours. Its awful. but she got over it. people will always be there to put you down and try to take away your pride and faith, but you have to look for the things that will pull you through to the end. it will all die down eventually, and people will find a new victim. just have patience and and faith and you will persist until this all blows over.

I'm open to friends (or people I trust) but now I'm getting messages from people I don't know and bullied by others…